Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitP II Air To Air model Discussion

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitP II Air To Air model Discussion Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitP II Air To Air model Discussion - 4/16/2006 8:43:02 PM   
bradfordkay

Fighters on supply missions should not increase supply level but rather morale. Typically fighter supply missions involved mail, booze, and small luxury items.

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to Dino)
Post #: 91
RE: WitP II Air To Air model Discussion - 4/17/2006 2:59:49 PM   
SGT Swanson

Yes, I would love to see a better interception model. The turn is already broken down into 2 12 hr phases, so why can't something like this be broken down? As for the plane to plane combat: I say leave it alone and add the dispersal effect of combat over a larger area.

Now this part may sound like too much and it may be in the current game already, but what about the different kinds of attacks? What I mean is if you take a Marine Corsair squadron and run it on bombing runs continously they would get better and better at it. The down side would be they loose their edge in the air combat role. Do this instead of the generic overall experience rating you currently have. You could still have the overall rating on the main squadron window, but have a more detailed window to open that would give more detailed stats (the pilot window comes to mind).

And please fix the night fighting option!! Suggestion: If you want a squadron to become a night fighter (VP-9 Black Cats comes to mind) then the player would have to have it on training for a certain period of time. Say 4 to 6 weeks in some rear area base. The squadron would then restart with a base proficiency of say 65 (you would also have to lower the night proficienty level for this to work as well). This would at least give the players a reason to use them. And they did play a bigger roll in the Pacific than in Europe. An easy fix for this may be to employ the same method as with ship conversons (AS, AR, AE).

SGT Swanson
U.S. Army, Infantry
B Co 4/502d Inf. Berlin BDE (87-90)
A Co 5/502d Inf. Berlin BDE (90-93)
B Co 2/502d Inf. 101st Airborne Div. (93-95)

"Because freedom is NEVER free!!"

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 92
RE: WitP II Air To Air model Discussion - 5/1/2006 10:30:44 PM   
TheElf

bump

IN PERPETUUM SINGULARIS SEDES

(in reply to TheElf)
Post #: 93
RE: WitP II Air To Air model Discussion - 5/7/2006 4:24:04 AM   
TheElf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sonny

Make the number of aircraft (or by engine count) able to take off in one raid based on base size. Yes that is how it is now but it should be much lower. The number of aircraft you should be able to park would be greater than the number which cabn take off at one time. Not real clear. As an example lets say you have 200 aircraft at a base but you are limited to a 50 plane strike. You can order all 200 to attack a target but this would result in 4 strikes of 50 planes each. Each strike would not be 50 but reduced by aome of the factors which reduce the number of flights now.

This would entail a more realistic CAP system but applying the same limitations would also limit the number of CAP in the air at any one time.

I think Number of engines would more appropriately modify a "maintainability" attribute for 4E bombers. If an undamaged aircraft fails a mainainability check it goes "Unservicable" and it does not fly during the next Air phase.

40% modifier for 4E
30% modifier for 3E
20% modifier for 2E
10% modifier for 1E

IN PERPETUUM SINGULARIS SEDES

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 94
RE: WitP II Air To Air model Discussion - 5/7/2006 8:29:38 AM   
Brady

Something to chew on from the Allied Isues thread i started:

If you want to creat a plane vs plane model you nead to not imo use real world combat results to arive at a base line, you should use preformance stats and curves, exct. A-la flight sim's. The game already has variables for Fatigue,leadership and experance, and moral. If you again base the comparative preformance expications on a situation whear the Japanese were streached to the limit in all reasionable areas one might look to compare them, and then aply that to the whole, your going to creat in this instance a Pro Allied model, because the comparasion is Pro Allied.

want to try and be as objective as posable, and to me to look to base my assement of the relative comparative values of the two planes in question hear, when one was clearly at it's worst do to operational constraints is not imo fair.

Another example is the AVG, clearly inferiour P-40B's of the AVG in game wreak havoc on Signafagantly beter Japanese types, in situations of Equil odd's and Numbers. This is in part because the AVG as been tweked to meat player expatations rather than designed based on the real world strengths of the planes as a base line.

As noted above the game has Variables for:

Experance

Fatigue

Morale

Endurance

If we pre tweak the planes taking into acount situations whear they operated when one side was at a distanct disavantage, already suffering from extreams of all or some of the variables noted above were double dealing.

Beta Team Member for:

WPO
PC
CF
AE
WiTE

Obi-wan Kenobi said it best: A lot of the reality we perceive depend on our point of view

(in reply to TheElf)
Post #: 95
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitP II Air To Air model Discussion Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI