Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar >> Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions - 3/23/2006 3:32:59 AM   
rich12545

The cursor acts odd, but only on the map screen. Hard to explain. It's kind of loose and lags and doesn't move exactly the way I move the mouse. I have a sempron 2600, nvidia4000 128 meg video, 1 gig ram, and winxp pro. I updated the game and have all the latest drivers.

What does the .net framework do? If I never play multi, do I still need it or can I uninstall that? I have .net 2.0. Is that good enough?

Does F10 do something? I tried it and nothing happened.

Is there supposed to be a skirmish mode? I read that somewhere but can't find it anywhere.

For Alex, I unlocked all the battles. Are there supposed to be two extra battles? I don't see them anywhere.

Btw, I think movement speed is just fine.

I need to print the manual and read it a couple of times and then I'll play the games and might have more questions later.

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Questions - 3/23/2006 6:42:51 PM   
mbelew

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich12545

The cursor acts odd, but only on the map screen. Hard to explain. It's kind of loose and lags and doesn't move exactly the way I move the mouse. I have a sempron 2600, nvidia4000 128 meg video, 1 gig ram, and winxp pro. I updated the game and have all the latest drivers.

I have seen reports of this even on 128 meg cards. It could have something to do with older video cards emulating in software what directX9 cards do in hardware. It's just a theory though, I can't prove it.

quote:

What does the .net framework do? If I never play multi, do I still need it or can I uninstall that? I have .net 2.0. Is that good enough?

The .Net framework is a technology that makes programming simpler. When you hear that some program is 'Managed', it's using .Net to control the resources. You will need this to run the game, not just play internet. I'm pretty sure you need to keep 1.1 installed. I haven't actually tried this on a 2.0 only system.

quote:

Does F10 do something? I tried it and nothing happened.

F10 was my super secret play testing button. We used it only for getting through games quickly, but I liked it enough that it made it into the final release undocumented. It speeds up the game animation in three different steps: 1x, 1.5x, 2.0x, 3.0x. There is absolutely nothing telling you what speed you are currently in, you'll have to guess. Just keep toggling F10 while the fighting is happening, and you'll see the results.

quote:

Is there supposed to be a skirmish mode? I read that somewhere but can't find it anywhere.

nope.

quote:

For Alex, I unlocked all the battles. Are there supposed to be two extra battles? I don't see them anywhere.

All of the battles start unlocked in caesar, there's no secret unlockable maps.

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar >> Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI