Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Minor unit loading bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Minor unit loading bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Minor unit loading bug - 3/23/2006 11:21:56 PM   
MarcA

I formed a transport TF consisting of 4 AK's and one AP. The AP had just arrived in port and refueled, hence had 1000 pts. I loaded a large lcu, the AK's loaded fine and, as expected, the AP loaded nothing. However, after the turn executed the AK's were full of lcu and the AP had started loading supplies, leaving a remenant of the lcu on the dockside.

I imagine this is just an oversight, I can't imagine it was designed that way. Save available if needed. If you could add it to the list.

Post #: 1
RE: Minor unit loading bug - 3/24/2006 12:13:27 AM   
Nikademus

always ensure your AK/AP's have full op points before loading an LCU otherwise the AK's unable to load due to exhausted op points. If one or two merchants have used op points, split them out of the TF your trying to use to load the LCU in question, or wait till the next turn to load them.

(in reply to MarcA)
Post #: 2
RE: Minor unit loading bug - 3/24/2006 12:32:28 AM   
dtravel

quote:

ORIGINAL: mantill

I formed a transport TF consisting of 4 AK's and one AP. The AP had just arrived in port and refueled, hence had 1000 pts. I loaded a large lcu, the AK's loaded fine and, as expected, the AP loaded nothing. However, after the turn executed the AK's were full of lcu and the AP had started loading supplies, leaving a remenant of the lcu on the dockside.

I imagine this is just an oversight, I can't imagine it was designed that way. Save available if needed. If you could add it to the list.

You need to stretch your imagination then, 'cause that is exactly how they say they designed it.

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

(in reply to MarcA)
Post #: 3
RE: Minor unit loading bug - 3/24/2006 12:40:42 AM   
MarcA

quote:

ORIGINAL: dtravel

quote:

You need to stretch your imagination then, 'cause that is exactly how they say they designed it.

I can understand why it won't load the lcu first time, because the op points are all used. But why does the AP then go on to load supplies rather than the remainder of the lcu? Are you saying it was designed that way?

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 4
RE: Minor unit loading bug - 3/24/2006 1:13:09 AM   
wworld7

quote:

I always ONLY use APs for LCUs and AKs for supply and air units. I usually have no trouble with fragments being left behind.

Flipper

(in reply to MarcA)
Post #: 5
RE: Minor unit loading bug - 3/24/2006 4:27:37 AM   
dtravel

quote:

quote:

I can understand why it won't load the lcu first time, because the op points are all used. But why does the AP then go on to load supplies rather than the remainder of the lcu? Are you saying it was designed that way?

Yes, I am. We have been told (by Mr.Frag IIRC) that the troop loading routines were deliberately made very restrictive like this. Apparently the programmers were concerned that units might disappear if they didn't.

(in reply to MarcA)
Post #: 6
RE: Minor unit loading bug - 3/24/2006 8:59:44 AM   
MarcA

quote:

Yes, I am. We have been told (by Mr.Frag IIRC) that the troop loading routines were deliberately made very restrictive like this. Apparently the programmers were concerned that units might disappear if they didn't.

Hmmm, it strikes me that leaving unloaded fragments of lcu's around the place is more likely to lead to errors. A case in point being the above problem. When I then put the AP into its own TF and tried to force it to load the fragment on the dockside in the West Coast port it informed me it had loaded part of an lcu located in Singapore. In the end I reloaded the turn and had the whole TF unload to start again

Secondly is it so hard to code something along the lines

Is there any part of the lcu left to load .YES.
Is there spare capacity in the TF .YES.
The load rest of lcu on TF

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 7
RE: Minor unit loading bug - 3/24/2006 11:23:02 AM   
dtravel

quote:

quote:

Hmmm, it strikes me that leaving unloaded fragments of lcu's around the place is more likely to lead to errors. A case in point being the above problem. When I then put the AP into its own TF and tried to force it to load the fragment on the dockside in the West Coast port it informed me it had loaded part of an lcu located in Singapore. In the end I reloaded the turn and had the whole TF unload to start again

Secondly is it so hard to code something along the lines

Is there any part of the lcu left to load .YES.
Is there spare capacity in the TF .YES.
The load rest of lcu on TF

I agree with you. Vehemently in the past, which is why I'm trying to not say much more. My blood pressure is too high already.

(in reply to MarcA)
Post #: 8
RE: Minor unit loading bug - 4/4/2006 11:13:50 PM   
Curty

quote:

quote:

quote:

SO THEY KNEW ABOUT DISAPPEARING UNITS BEFORE THEY RELEASED THE GAME, AND DESPITE THIS UNITS ARE STILL DISAPPEARING

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 9
RE: Minor unit loading bug - 4/5/2006 3:56:45 AM   
rogueusmc

Each patch fixes a few variants of it...it just manifests itself so many ways.

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

(in reply to Curty)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Minor unit loading bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI