Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: College playbook project

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> RE: College playbook project Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: College playbook project - 4/12/2006 5:04:58 AM   
nmleague

Tuesday night update: I have added 4 passing plays to the college playbook 2, and will add two more running plays. Also have added to both college playbooks 2 basic goalline type defenses. I will probably upload both playbooks tomorrow night, would like to wait until the next patch comes out.

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 91
RE: College playbook project - 4/13/2006 3:24:47 AM   
nmleague

I have just uploaded version 2 of college playbook 2, to FBmax, you can find it in the unsorted files section. This version adds 4 pass plays, 2 running plays and 2 goalline defense plays. The file also has the phone book file and the playbook has 4 offensive audibles set.

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 92
RE: College playbook project - 4/16/2006 12:32:12 AM   
Deltadog

I ran a game cpu vs cpu using both current playbooks. Offenses did well, New patch allowed QBs to throw through the final quarter. Since the game did not last 4 quarters, the stats were not representatives. See my report under the Beta Forum for an explanation of this statement.

Defensives appear weak agains end runs as we discussed earlier.

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 93
RE: College playbook project - 4/17/2006 3:41:17 AM   
nmleague

Was gone for the past 4 days, will install the patch and do some testing. Thanks for the report, I agree that outside plays are consistently to successful, time to try some more things with the defense.

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 94
RE: College playbook project - 4/22/2006 6:13:12 AM   
nmleague

Decided to get back to this, probably will redo most things once the PDS is updated. In the meantime Im going to create 2 new playbooks, one will have the Wishbone offense, the other the I offense, but both will have a new defense, a 6-2 scheme. Should have them done tomorrow (saturday). The defense is going to be designed to take away the outside run, but will also have plays for pass defense. Ah when I say 6-2 I mean 4 DL, two LB lined up on the LOS outside the TE, 2 MBL and 3 DB. For passing situations one or two DB will replace the OLB.

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 95
RE: College playbook project - 4/23/2006 11:18:31 PM   
Deltadog

I finally posted the new official patch and ran a cpu vs cpu game. Both teams used american rules, fair catch and other American rules. Both teams used the College play book. To it I had added offensive profiles covering all possible situations DN 1 through 4, yards to go "any", time less than one minute, all distances from goal line except the one over 100 yards.

1. No interceptions.
2. 3 fumbles - none lost.
3. About 75% of punts went off to the right as we discussed earlier/
4. 30% of KO went toward side lines with one going out of bounds.
5. No fair catches but no instances where one would be appropriate.
6. Pass/run plays disbursed in reasonable fashion.
7. QB generally ran only on run plays.
8. Only one instance covered by the profiles occured. DN1, Yards to go any, less than 1 minute to go, down by 7-10, location between 26 & 75 yards from goal. Profile did not dictate particular plays but called for 100% pass and 0% run. Play one was a running play up the middle.

PROIRSWINGPASS run a number of times. Each time receiver to the right received the pass. He caught the ball and then moved back toward the LOS and was tackled losing yards each time.

All in all game was enjoyable and other than the failure of the trailing team to follow the profile it was joyable to watch.

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 96
RE: College playbook project - 5/4/2006 5:15:58 PM   
Scott_WAR

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deltadog

8. Only one instance covered by the profiles occured. DN1, Yards to go any, less than 1 minute to go, down by 7-10, location between 26 & 75 yards from goal. Profile did not dictate particular plays but called for 100% pass and 0% run. Play one was a running play up the middle.

You didnt add any plays to that particular group? If thats the case I am betting it recognized the match in the profile, but found no plays, so picked randomly based, or beased on the logic the game normally uses.

I am guessing so I could be wrong.

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 97
RE: College playbook project - 5/4/2006 9:20:06 PM   
Deltadog

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_WAR

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deltadog

You didnt add any plays to that particular group? If thats the case I am betting it recognized the match in the profile, but found no plays, so picked randomly based, or beased on the logic the game normally uses.

I am guessing so I could be wrong.

Perhaps you are right, but it is resonable to assume that the game should look at the profile and see pass and look at plays and see no plays and then select its own play, but limiting their choice to pass plays.

It would be nice if Dave would advise if a profile with no particular plays, just play types would be recognized by the game.

It is much easier to work up a long profile with situations and play types in excel and then import the data into each of your playbooks rather than use the utility built in the game. The same process could be used to add plays, but one could be getting the advantage of situations only while working up a spreadsheet listing plays and situations which will be much more time consuming if only the game will make use of the partial profiles.

< Message edited by Deltadog -- 5/4/2006 9:21:39 PM >

(in reply to Scott_WAR)
Post #: 98
RE: College playbook project - 5/4/2006 10:04:47 PM   
nmleague

Just a quick note. Im still committed to this project with the goal of having at least 4 different playbooks to use for a college league. After the last patch it seems that alinements both for offense and defense were effected in the playbooks that were ready for profiles. Therefore I have put play and playbook design on hold until the next patch or until Dave starts to send the new version of the PDS out to beta testers. When things are more stable I will get back to the playbooks. At this time I think all the formations and playbooks that I have done will have to be redone. Good thing is Im pretty happy with all the plays so wont have to start from scratch, just redo the old plays with more stable formations.

By the way has anyone tried the college playbook 3, the defensive alinement moved but the defense is pretty effective vs the I and WB.

< Message edited by nmleague -- 5/4/2006 10:07:11 PM >

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 99
RE: College playbook project - 6/1/2006 5:28:06 PM   
Marauders

quote:

Just a quick note. Im still committed to this project with the goal of having at least 4 different playbooks to use for a college league. After the last patch it seems that alinements both for offense and defense were effected in the playbooks that were ready for profiles.

PDS 2.0 should help; I am hoping that alignment distortions will be a non-factor after its release.

quote:

Therefore I have put play and playbook design on hold until the next patch or until Dave starts to send the new version of the PDS out to beta testers. When things are more stable I will get back to the playbooks.

That is what I am doing for the new basic pro playbooks. When PDS 2.0 is ready to work with, I will be able to finish them.

quote:

At this time I think all the formations and playbooks that I have done will have to be redone. Good thing is Im pretty happy with all the plays so wont have to start from scratch, just redo the old plays with more stable formations.

That is good news.

< Message edited by Marauders -- 6/1/2006 5:29:29 PM >

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 100
RE: College playbook project - 6/18/2006 1:40:39 AM   
Deltadog

Nmleague

I have shelved the game waiting for the next patch.  In the time that has passed since I downloaded and installed all your playbooks as well as others, I forgot exactly what has to be done.  In the support section that is a member who is having trouble installing them.  Since you made the plays, playbooks and are still actrive with the game as a beta tester, you are probably the best one to tell him what he needs to do to use them.  Can you give him some help.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 101
RE: College playbook project - 6/18/2006 2:05:46 AM   
nmleague

Deltadog, yes Im a beta tester, now creating the next generation of college playbooks.

Unfortunatelly I have never downloaded and used someone elses playbooks. I saw his post but dont know what to tell him. It sounds like he got all the parts, plays and playbook phone book, someone more versed into how to actually get them into the game will have to help.

By the way Im shooting for 9 variations of college playbooks, they would be combinations of 3 basic offenses and 3 basic defenses. Suggestions are welcome.

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 102
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> RE: College playbook project Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI