Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CHS base question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> CHS base question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CHS base question - 4/8/2006 1:03:35 AM   
jwxspoon

I'm playing the latest version of CHS scenario 155 as Allies. Game version 1.6

I'm finding that there are huge amounts of fuel located in the Middle East and Cristobal bases. However, transport and tanker tf's that I create there have the 'load fuel' option greyed out.

Any ideas?

Thanks

jw
Post #: 1
RE: CHS base question - 4/8/2006 3:44:24 AM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwxspoon

I'm playing the latest version of CHS scenario 155 as Allies. Game version 1.6

I'm finding that there are huge amounts of fuel located in the Middle East and Cristobal bases. However, transport and tanker tf's that I create there have the 'load fuel' option greyed out.

Any ideas?

Hi. This is covered in the FAQ that coomes with the map documentation (question 13).

Andrew

(in reply to jwxspoon)
Post #: 2
RE: CHS base question - 4/8/2006 6:40:49 AM   
whippleofd

quote:

Hi. This is covered in the FAQ that coomes with the map documentation (question 13).

For those of us that only see a bunch of blue lower case "e's" when we bring up that directory, would you please answer the question?

Thanks ahead of time.

Whipple

MMCS(SW/AW) 1981-2001
1981 RTC, SD
81-82 NPS, Orlando
82-85 NPTU, Idaho Falls
85-90 USS Truxtun (CGN-35)
90-93 USS George Washington (CVN-73)
93-96 NFAS Orlando
96-01 Navsea-08/Naval Reactors

(in reply to Andrew Brown)
Post #: 3
RE: CHS base question - 4/8/2006 7:03:17 AM   
treespider

quote:

I installed the map, but when I try to load troops at a port, I can only load supplies. Why?

It is probably because you have the wrong map data file (pwhex.dat) loaded. Verify that you are using the correct map data file (supplied with the map package). This can be done by using the '1', 'F6' and 'R' keys, to show terrain, hexsides and transport links respectively, and compare the data to the map graphics - they should all match.

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to whippleofd)
Post #: 4
RE: CHS base question - 4/8/2006 7:07:20 AM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whipple

quote:

For those of us that only see a bunch of blue lower case "e's" when we bring up that directory, would you please answer the question?

Thanks ahead of time.

Whipple

What do you do that brings up some lower case e's? I have not heard of that problem before, and if there is something wrong with the document I will need to fix it. Also, is it when you view the FAQ document supplied with the map package, or the one on my website, or both of them?

Thanks,
Andrew

(in reply to whippleofd)
Post #: 5
RE: CHS base question - 4/8/2006 10:03:58 PM   
whippleofd

quote:

What do you do that brings up some lower case e's? I have not heard of that problem before, and if there is something wrong with the document I will need to fix it. Also, is it when you view the FAQ document supplied with the map package, or the one on my website, or both of them?

I seriously doubt it has anything to with your web page or the information that is provided with your outstanding mod. I would imagine it has to be a PEBKAC error.

The little blue e's are in the mapmod_docs folder that I have in my main WiTP directory: C:\Matrix Games\War In The Pacific\mapmod_docs\
When I open up the mapmod folder *walla*! A bunch of blue lower case e's.

Now mind you, it took me the better part of two days to get CHS installed and running. Computer savy I am not.

Whipple
Knuckle Dragger Extrodinare

MMCS(SW/AW) 1981-2001
1981 RTC, SD
81-82 NPS, Orlando
82-85 NPTU, Idaho Falls
85-90 USS Truxtun (CGN-35)
90-93 USS George Washington (CVN-73)
93-96 NFAS Orlando
96-01 Navsea-08/Naval Reactors

(in reply to Andrew Brown)
Post #: 6
RE: CHS base question - 4/8/2006 10:14:09 PM   
jwxspoon

Andrew I reinstalled the extended map and that fixed the problem. Thanks for your help, and also for creating these awesome maps.

jw

(in reply to whippleofd)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> CHS base question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI