Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

More Oddities with Importing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> More Oddities with Importing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
More Oddities with Importing - 5/20/2006 5:21:29 AM   
dewelar2

This is a bit involved, but here goes:

I am currently creating an association filled with players from throughout history. I wanted to import David Wells from 1995, but I accidentally imported him from 1994. Since I can only remove him by force-retiring him, I did so. I then attempted to import a group of players (10 in all) from 1995, including Wells. The importer went through fine, but at the end, it said that it couldn't import Wells. I assumed that it was because I'd force-retired Wells'94, and thus Wells'95 wouldn't work. While that would certainly suck, I would at least have understood (and complained about it, of course).

Anyway, when the players were done loading, the game said that 8 players imported with 2 exceptions. I was a bit puzzled over who the other exception might be, so I looked at the player list. There, to my surprise, was Wells'95! Thus, I checked all the other players and found that, in fact, a DIFFERENT player had gone missing -- specifically, Edgar Martinez. I then went back and checked and, indeed, Wells'94 was still lsted as retired in the transaction list, so now I'm REALLY confused.

Now, it so happens that, alphabetically, Martinez was the first player I imported while Wells was the last, which may be of some use in attempting to replicate this, but overall there was definitely something wrong with this sequence of events.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> More Oddities with Importing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI