Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 10/11/2006 4:19:08 AM   
CobraAus

RHS v5.10 update for all scenarios posted at Send Space and avail at RHS Web Site

Changes
This is it: Everything is done, INCLUDING aircraft maneuverability
data.

Revision to Japanese aircraft with 2x torpedoes - they only carry
bombs now (technical reasons = they won't carry more than one
torpedo anyway).

All large supply sinks converted to independent units.

Most non-leader eratta irradicated.

Except for any eratta, this is the FINAL version 5 update, using the old map system which can exchange maps and/or pwhex with Andrew Brown's Extended Map.

The next version will be 6.00 - using a new pwhex and the new map art scheme (South Atlantic Entry Hex). That will not be before Friday.
By then we hope to remove any remaining eratta INCLUDING leader duplication issues.

Sid

Download Link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/t9m935

Cobra Aus

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 181
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 10/13/2006 12:55:58 PM   
CobraAus

RHS v5.1 & 6.1 PWHEX files (5 files) posted at SendSpace and avail at RHS Web Site

changes red carefully
Five RHS pwhex files are released in two sets:

RHSPW51.dat and PANPW51.dat
RHSPW61.dat and PANPW61.dat

with a default (already renamed) pwhex.dat file = RHSPW51.dat
because that is now the standard RHS file to use.

Version 6 art and pwhex having been released - I will now complete and issue some sort of version 6.
At the same time I will release a coordinated update for version 5. Both will have the suffix 11 to indicate
they are identical EXCEPT for the maps they work with.

Naturally, RHS scenarios version 5 work with RHS map art version 5, and
RHS scenarios version 6 work with RHS map art version 6.

The difference between these is that version six has the new map edge entry channel to the South Atlantic Ocean -
while version five is compatable with Andrew Brown's Extended map system.

The difference between a regular RHS file (version 5 or 6) and a Panama RHS file (either version) is
that a Panama file has a land hex side between Panama City and Colon - simulating a canal unable to
pass ships - while the regular files pass ships - being rated as coastal.

It is planned to release a version 7 as soon as we get art, pwhex files and OB modified scenario files for inclusion
of Madagascar in a mini map. It is not quite clear when this will occur - but best guess is Tuesday - followed by Thursday next week. Version 7 will extend the west map edge shipping channel all the way to Aden - but preserve the Indian Ocean Entry hex where it is in version 6 - not far from Darwin. Version 7 will also introduce the ability of Allied Aircraft to move from Africa - Durban and Capetown - to Aden - via Madagascar - if ever they capture Madagascar. Madagascar will have Vichy forces under Japanese control - but not much Japanese help. [History says two submarines were sent. We will allow anything CL and below, and whatever they can carry.]

It is planned to do a version 8 after that. It will involve more extensive map and pwhex work - but not much OB work. That is the version which will move Panama South - turning all space NW of Panama into open ocean -
and it will move the map edge shipping channel from Tristan da Cunha all the way to New Orleans. This latter will connect to United States by rail - and to Colon Panama by sea. ALL of these changes will occur in the SE map area.
It may take some time to get this coordinated, but it is a firm plan.

I was long pessimistic about doing Madagascar or linking all the entry hexes "off map" - and my thinking along those lines was do to both along the top of the map - where not much is happening. It all fell together this week. I am now certain this is workable except to the extent players insist on operating ahistorical air forces at impractical distances from Japan: such players won't like this mod and are advised to use version 5 maps and scenarios - which we will continue to update until we are sure they are free of issues.
Sid

download link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rcubhr

Cobra Aus

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 182
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 10/13/2006 9:17:46 PM   
Nemo121

Where can we still get the 5.1 satellite map?

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 183
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 10/13/2006 9:39:24 PM   
el cid again

First pass of version 7 and 8 art is available for inspection (not use) and comments at the RHS site.
Expect Version 6 scenario files in initial form (6.11) tomorrow. The update with the revised location file
will not release before Monday (6.12 tentative) - this is a report from another site working on the files -
but many of the changes are in 6.11 since I am trying to keep up with change reports by hand.

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 184
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 10/16/2006 2:01:02 AM   
CobraAus

RHS v5.11 & v6.11 scenario updates Major posted at SendSpace
Important Note
to get the updates out - at this stage 5.11 and 6.11 related to the same scenario numbers
so you will need to choose which set to copy into the scenario folder - but later to day
I will set up scenarios 50 to 55 (mirror of existing scenarios) for the v5.11 updates that will help stop any confusion and that the way they will appear at the RHS web site

see other thread for changes that have taken place

Download Link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0slev1

Cobra Aus

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 185
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 10/16/2006 3:53:07 AM   
CobraAus

ok the RHS web Site has now been sorted you will find in the scenarios folder a new set 0f 5 sub folders s050 to s055 with every thing needed to set up the series 5 scenrious
plus the 5.11 and 6.11 updates

Cobra Aus

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 186
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 10/16/2006 5:24:25 AM   
witpqs

Hi Cobra,

A minor but maybe helpful point - if it's easy to do, could you make the 'Name' column wider in the RHS web site? All the names are pretty long.

Thanks for hosting, it makes everything so easy to download!

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 187
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 10/16/2006 9:37:58 AM   
CobraAus

I will get Mifune to look and change it we are using his vanilla web design page at the moment

Cobra Aus

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 188
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 10/16/2006 5:48:50 PM   
ny59giants

CobraAus,
Yes, your RHS website could be a little more user freindly.  I can easily follow Andrew's for CHS, but yours looks like I need better instructions. Just a suggestion.

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 189
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 10/16/2006 11:45:15 PM   
el cid again

It is in a preliminary quick and dirty form. There are really two different approaches - by two different people - but only the "simple" one is up and running. Some day you may see a "polished" option as well. Takes time.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 190
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 10/17/2006 1:34:57 AM   
Mifune

Actually the name size shorthenings that you see is controlled by your browser, not by the web site. It took me a moment to realize what you want. Let me see about making some of the folders to have smaller names on them, hence a bit more browser friendly.

Perennial Remedial Student of the Mike Solli School of Economics. One day I might graduate.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 191
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 10/17/2006 4:40:38 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mifune

Actually the name size shorthenings that you see is controlled by your browser,

How?

(in reply to Mifune)
Post #: 192
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 10/17/2006 8:59:30 AM   
CobraAus

RHS v5.12 & v6.12 micro update posted at Send Space avail at Web Site as well

down load link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5r8rqe

Cobra Aus

< Message edited by CobraAus -- 10/17/2006 9:04:08 AM >

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 193
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 10/18/2006 8:24:37 PM   
CobraAus

RHS v5.13 update for all version 5 scenarios posted at Send Space and avail at RHS web Site

changes
The 5/6 series features:

1) Japanese supply sinks to the new RHS standard, for testing;

2) Chinese units converted to Dutch or Philippine - or national - in most cases - with appropriate leaders to minimize error generation;

3) A new range for the Ki-43 I Oscar;

4) Restoration of over half the SLOC ships to Allied control - because they now have the SLOC to manage and deliver supplies over;

5) Reassignment of some reinforcements to appear in the South Atlantic - generally earlier than they appear at the map edge - so there is transit time to the map edge;

6) Eratta - which while not quite complete - is very comprehensive - and approaching the holy grail; Nevertheless there will be a .14 version cleaning up anything reported plus stuff already reported but not yet folded in - and maybe also a new Commonwealth land combat unit Order of Battle - thanks to help from the Forum (as usual);

This IS suitable for games and longer term tests human vs human - if you want a test turn say so.

Sid

download link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/96spy3

Cobra Aus

v6.13 will follow shortly

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 194
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 10/18/2006 9:05:58 PM   
CobraAus

RHS v6.13 update for all v6 scenarios except RAO (waiting missing file) posted at Send Space
and RHS web Site

changes
The 5/6 series features:

1) Japanese supply sinks to the new RHS standard, for testing;

2) Chinese units converted to Dutch or Philippine - or national - in most cases - with appropriate leaders to minimize error generation;

3) A new range for the Ki-43 I Oscar;

4) Restoration of over half the SLOC ships to Allied control - because they now have the SLOC to manage and deliver supplies over;

5) Reassignment of some reinforcements to appear in the South Atlantic - generally earlier than they appear at the map edge - so there is transit time to the map edge;

6) Eratta - which while not quite complete - is very comprehensive - and approaching the holy grail; Nevertheless there will be a .14 version cleaning up anything reported plus stuff already reported but not yet folded in - and maybe also a new Commonwealth land combat unit Order of Battle - thanks to help from the Forum (as usual);

This IS suitable for games and longer term tests human vs human - if you want a test turn say so.

Sid

Download link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oqzuuc

Cobra Aus

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 195
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 10/19/2006 1:34:12 AM   
CobraAus

RHSRAO v6.13 now avail at RHS Web Site

Cobra Aus

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 196
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 10/20/2006 3:55:14 AM   
Herrbear

What is the link to the RHS web site. Thanks

IGNORE -- Found the link

< Message edited by Herrbear -- 10/20/2006 3:57:40 AM >

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 197
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 10/20/2006 8:10:17 AM   
CobraAus

for the night owls RHS v5.14 update has been posted at Send Space and avail at RHS web site
RHS v6.14 update avail at RHS Web Site and at Send Space

download link for v6.14
http://www.sendspace.com/file/x5z8jl

dowload link for v5.14
http://www.sendspace.com/file/uufwj9

Cobra Aus

< Message edited by CobraAus -- 10/20/2006 8:25:24 AM >

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 198
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 10/22/2006 3:05:57 PM   
el cid again

What these should do is show some rail connections which were not clear in the art but which are present in the pwhex file. These should include:

1) Making it clear Palembang is connected to the SW as well as to the W by narrow gage RR (= road art)
2) Making it clear Korea connects to Russia by rail (this is a change in the art - and it is somewhat controversial because many maps do not show it - but aero charts always showed it in all eras). Because of obsticles and gage change considerations, this is in fact a secondary rail line - wether or not the art shows it that way - and it will not pass supplies as fast as a first class rail line.
3) Making it clear Manchuria connects to Russia by rail in the North - not just in the East and West. This is near the Khingan Garrison unit - not at the top but to the right of the top of Manchukuo. That garrison was to defend the rail corredor - the logistic path of an invasion either direction. This area had two sections of line long marked "destroyed" during the Cold War - more precisely during the Sino-Soviet Crisis - but they were functional in the distant past - and once again today. Again - always marked on aviation charts - even Western ones. But this is new in version 5. Again - because of obsticles and gage change considerations, this is in fact a secondary rail line = road - whatever the art shows - for the hex of the connection itself.
4) Making it clear one of the new towns in Burma is at the end of a rail line.

< Message edited by el cid again -- 10/22/2006 3:08:39 PM >

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 199
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 10/24/2006 10:07:28 AM   
CobraAus

RHS v5.15 and 6.15 for all scenarios posted at Send Space will be avail at RHS web site shortly

Changes
This is it: the "final" version of the Level 5 and 6 RHS scenarios:

Level 5 scenarios 50-55 are for Level 5 mapart/pwhex files
Level 6 scenarios 60-65 are for Level 6 mapart/pwhex files

I took my time and addressed eratta of all forms - but in particular this included Allied Land Units, Soviet Navy Units, Alaska class radar,
and the assignment of alternate US Navy ship types to the right files (BBO, RPO and PPO get different DEs and submarines than the CVO based scenarios do).

I also folded in a complete rework of the Indian Army and Commonwealth forces from Africa - and British artillery.

All this work is folded into 18 scenarios - 6 each for Level 5, 6 and 7.
I will not do that again. Once Level 7 will replace 60-65 - and 50-55 will remain unaltered. Level 7 will change the maps significantly and then Level 6 will cease to exist: it was a test bed for the shipping channel concept used by Level 7. Level 8 is now part of 7 - and there will be no Level 8 per se. Level 9 remains a proposal - and a moderately unlikely one - unless labor is forthcoming.

I am going to sleep now - after 72 hours of data entry and reviewing of mail for any eratta or issues. Then I will start a turn at Level 6.

We are going to take our time with Level 7 - Cobra and I are working out the map system. Once that is perfected - we will do the OBs and issue it: it is just like 6 except the Allies get more ships for SLOC use - and the Axis get some Vichy units. Almost all Allied units are in play - but any additional ones will also be added: a few may have to change point of origin - and all reinforcements will be reviewed. A number of units change their point and date of origin.

I have corrected all reported leader issues - but a few more may remain - particularly in re ships. If that turns out to be the case - I will issue a correction for 5 and 6 at the time we issue 7.

Sid

Download Link for v5.15
http://www.sendspace.com/file/31i3s5

Download Link for v6.15
http://www.sendspace.com/file/fj86vf

Cobra Aus

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 200
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 10/26/2006 1:52:49 PM   
CobraAus

RHS series 6 critical PWHEX + RHS v5.16 update for EOS +v6.16 update for EOS update posted at Send space and is avail at web site

changes PWHEX
his pwhex file fixes a problem which prevents the loading of oil, resources or fuel at Tristan da Cunha or at Capetown. There are three files:

pwhex.dat for the top level WITP folder

RHSPW62.dat and PANPW62.dat for the scen folder.

IF you want to simulate a damaged (or non-existent) Panama Canal -
you rename PANPW62 as pwhex.dat and copy it to the top level folder.
IF you want to restore a damaged Panama Canal - you rename RHSPW62 as pwhex.dat and copy it to the top level folder. If you never want to deal with Panama - don't do anything but keep the present pwhex.dat in the top level folder.

changes v5.16 & 6.16
Seems that in RHSEOS only there is a problem with a carrier date - it does not have either a date of arrival nor a date of sinking! There are a few location file eratta - mainly to the Indian Army and Commonwealth land units - because of things people on the Forum are teaching us.
There is one leader correction - seems the guy who preceded Gen Mac Arthur in the SW Pacific command area got his number increased by one - to a generic Japanese engineer! But the only significant problem is Hiyo appearing at the start of the war - instead of in July 1942.

Sid

Download link PWHEX files
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gmebom

Download link v5.16 update
http://www.sendspace.com/file/db9g03

Download link v6.16 update
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7nc8cg

Cobra Aus

< Message edited by CobraAus -- 10/26/2006 2:03:06 PM >

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 201
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 10/26/2006 8:29:05 PM   
Fixin2

I must have some files mis-matched. Any help would be appreciated. I am trying to play scenario RHSCVO6.15 but the base hex locations for Aden, Colon, Panama City, Aquadulce, Cap Town and Tristan Da Cunha are not lined up with the map art panels.

I have installed the following:
(1) RHS Digital Map Version 6 release panel hex. zip dated 18-10-2006
(2) The new RHS V6 critical update file (copied pwhex.dat to the main game folder. Copied RHSPW62.dat and PANPW62.dat to the scenario folder.
(3) Installed RHS version 6.15 scenario files.

Aden base is shown at hex 2,3 but map panel WITP00 shows the map art for Aden at hex 1,14.
Balboa/Panama City base is shown at hex 147.101 but the map panel WITN14 shows it at hex 145,113. Offsets also exits for the other base locations noted above.

What am I missing ?

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 202
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 10/26/2006 10:59:33 PM   
Bliztk

you are missing RHS 6.16 that moved all the bases to match the hexes and allow the ships to load resources/oil from the entry point bases

< Message edited by Bliztk -- 10/26/2006 11:09:56 PM >

(in reply to Fixin2)
Post #: 203
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 10/27/2006 12:28:04 AM   
Fixin2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bliztk

you are missing RHS 6.16 that moved all the bases to match the hexes and allow the ships to load resources/oil from the entry point bases

Thanks Blitztk. I D/L and installed the 6.16 patch but I still have the offset problem in scenarios 60 and 65. I have not tried scenarios 61-64.

Fixin2 play this game if I can get it installed correctly.

(in reply to Bliztk)
Post #: 204
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 10/27/2006 12:45:25 AM   
Bliztk

You need this PWhex.dat

Be sure that you have this one instaled in the MAIN directory, not in the SCEN as all the other RHS files (except of course ART files)

(in reply to Fixin2)
Post #: 205
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 10/27/2006 2:15:22 AM   
Fixin2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bliztk

You need this PWhex.dat

Be sure that you have this one instaled in the MAIN directory, not in the SCEN as all the other RHS files (except of course ART files)

No luck. I will try a total reinstall of RHS. Thanks again for your help.

(in reply to Bliztk)
Post #: 206
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 11/1/2006 3:25:03 AM   
CobraAus

RHS v5.17 & v6.17 update for all scenarios posted at Send Space will be avail at web site later today

changes
1) Various eratta, including elimination of duplicate units (a Chindit Brigade, a RAF squadron) and updating the armament of Swordfish onto all units.

2) Major rework of Soviet Air Forces and supporting infrastructured. Conversion to Russian language abbreviations (in English letters). Optimization of limited slots and incomplete data so the Soviet player has something sensible.

3) Minor rework of CW forces, which will get more as we do the Level 7 update (coordinating with forces for Madagascar).

4) Revision of conflicts of ship/air group assignments in some scenarios - or wrong versions of ship for scenario.

download link v5.17
http://www.sendspace.com/file/p03p9t

download link v6.17
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5u7s2r

cobra aus

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 207
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 11/1/2006 8:40:36 AM   
CobraAus

RHS-CHS v5 earthen winter map uploaded to Send Space

download link non hex

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0ay4lc

download link hex

http://www.sendspace.com/file/sutwi8

Cobra Aus

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 208
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 11/2/2006 6:39:30 AM   
CobraAus

the series 6 version of the winter map is avial at Send Space and the RHS WEB SITE
again at this point of time use as an Alternative map
download link non hex

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nziwll

downoad link hex

http://www.sendspace.com/file/naeocu

Cobra Aus

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 209
RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page - 11/2/2006 7:50:54 AM   
BigJ62

quote:

ORIGINAL: CobraAus

RHS-CHS v5 earthen winter map uploaded to Send Space

download link non hex

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0ay4lc

download link hex

http://www.sendspace.com/file/sutwi8

Cobra Aus

Just d/l'ed them(v5) and they are fantastic, just to be certain I can use these for the latest CHS right?

Witp-AE
AeAi…AeAi …AeAi…Long live AeAi.

(in reply to CobraAus)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI