Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

One Star Generals

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> The War Room >> One Star Generals Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
One Star Generals - 5/31/2006 7:16:15 PM   
wintersmoon

I have a few questions about 1 star generals.....

What influence do they have over their troops? 

I understand that 3 star generals can lead Armys or Corps and 2 star generals can lead only Corps.  So how much influence does a 1 star general have? 

What is the appropriate use for 1 star generals? 

If they are only useful for leading and influencing 1 division, how do you assign them to that particular division?

Additionally, what effects on the battle and influence over their troops do 1 star generals have during quick/detailed battles? 

Any words of advice would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: One Star Generals - 6/1/2006 3:20:08 AM   
Southern Hunter

1 Star Generals indeed just command a particular division. So they start attached to a division in your army at the start of a battle. If you want to move them, hold the mouse cursor over another unit when you are doing your turn for the unit they are with, and hit 'g'. The commander will detach himself from the current unit and ride over to the other unit to help (quickly ;-)

It is hard to know EXACTLY how much help they are really providing. Maybe if future games / patches have a detailed battle feedback mechanism (like a log or something, as has been discussed), then the impact will be more obvious.

In quick battles, I presume that IF a 1 star general is among your top 3 generals (only 3 count I think) then he will still contribute, presumably only affecting 1 division though. Not really sure about that though.

Cheers,

Hunter

(in reply to wintersmoon)
Post #: 2
RE: One Star Generals - 6/3/2006 8:14:50 PM   
wintersmoon

Thanks for the input.  The effectiveness and proper use of the 1 star generals was a concern.  Did you ever get to the bottom of textiles and waste?  I know you were attempting to get to the bottom of that issue.

Thanks again,  Wintersmoon

(in reply to Southern Hunter)
Post #: 3
RE: One Star Generals - 6/4/2006 12:14:31 PM   
Southern Hunter

I think I understand Textiles now, mostly anyway.

(in reply to wintersmoon)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> The War Room >> One Star Generals Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI