Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Couple of Suggestions for next patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Couple of Suggestions for next patch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Couple of Suggestions for next patch - 6/2/2006 3:06:55 AM   
orton1227

This would really help out the game, I think:

(1) Fix financials based on market size, where the NY teams have a good amount of financial flexibility and TB and FLA have virtually nothing. Or just make an option for this.

(2) Make it where you can't overbid for whoever you want in FA. I can sign whoever I want now. Of course, an option like I mentioned in (1) would help this.
Post #: 1
RE: Couple of Suggestions for next patch - 6/2/2006 3:41:20 AM   
Beach23BoyP

quote:

ORIGINAL: orton1227

This would really help out the game, I think:

(1) Fix financials based on market size, where the NY teams have a good amount of financial flexibility and TB and FLA have virtually nothing. Or just make an option for this.

That is already in the game. Plus, you can create a new region and make it rich or poor.

(in reply to orton1227)
Post #: 2
RE: Couple of Suggestions for next patch - 6/2/2006 4:19:07 AM   
Amaroq

Beach - I think he means "fix the balance", not "force them to be a fixed number".

orton - I'd like that, personally; I've thrown Shaun some financial data based out of actual MLB numbers, which may help him towards a solution in that area.

You can throw a spanner into the works yourself by using the 'edit region' button to adjust the financials of any team.

I've done this in my associaiton - I think my budget is 240M, while many of the teams in my association have budgets in the 275M to 325M range. I find myself running up against the 'I can't afford to overbid for whomever I want' aspect, and even the 'I can't afford to re-sign all of my best young talent' aspect, while the AI teams can afford to make a few mistakes.

Obviously, if you toss a severe restriction on an AI team (say, dropping its total budget to 100M), don't expect it to make the best of all possible choices - you'll find you outperform the AI under extreme conditions.

Likewise, if you give all of the teams significant budgetary restrictions (say, if I dropped all of my teams to 240M, and my own team personally to 180M), don't be surprised if you start seeing untoward things like the best player in the game 'sitting out' a year because nobody could afford the salary he was demanding, which was based on the assumption that teams had a lot more money than they do.

(in reply to Beach23BoyP)
Post #: 3
RE: Couple of Suggestions for next patch - 6/2/2006 6:47:53 AM   
Beach23BoyP

He said -- "Or just make an option for this"

I just used that option tonight.  I didn't want the Arizona Diamondbacks to show up as the Phoenix Daimondbacks "at any point in time".  So, I made a new region called Arizona.  I could have given them a lot of money or very little.  I chose to give them the Phoenix default.

That is what I meant.  What he meant exactly -- I don't know.

One thing I do know that I'm enjoying my teams starting off with mostly under 5,000,000 total to spend!

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 4
RE: Couple of Suggestions for next patch - 6/2/2006 4:23:32 PM   
domonas

I don't now if this has been mentioned or not, but when I start a replay historical sim, I would like the player's "real major league stats" to be put into their "career stats" tab.  This ensures that if I start a 2005 replay league, that Barry Bonds will have his real career HR totals so that he will make it to the HOF in my replay league.  Does this make sense or did I just confuse everyone?   And the ability to trade draft picks maybe.

< Message edited by domonas -- 6/2/2006 4:28:48 PM >

(in reply to Beach23BoyP)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Couple of Suggestions for next patch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI