Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Trade Issue LAN Game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Limited Beta Feedback >> Trade Issue LAN Game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trade Issue LAN Game - 6/9/2006 7:47:51 AM   
Budgie

Four issues tonight.

(I will not use the word bug as using Microsoft software S**T happens)

Issue One.

LAN game (Side by side PC's) France (host) Britain opponent.

As Britain I accepted too many trade offers and had to cancel 10 trade routes in Aug 1972 to remain solvent.

Game gave me -30 moral per route. Aug report. - 300 total

Also gave me same -30 per route in Sept.1792

And if the report is correct, repeated the Sept -30 per route 2x again. (shows up 3x on report).

Ouch Ouch Ouch!

Issue Two.

Same game as above.

Watching as France defends against Austria. Detailed battle

Both sides call for reinforcements and they arrive but the actual icons for the units never show up on my (British) observer screen. The computer plays them (on my screen) and I get the red hex outline to indicate a unit is there and something is happening, but no unit is visible.

Also; I also have noticed that the battle information gets out of sync, between the two PC's, during a prolonged battle action. Units are shown in one position on British screen and another position on French screen.

Annoying for the idle player, but does not effect the actual player fighting the combat. All troops and locations for them, show correctly on his screen.

Issue Three

From a single player game I am playing as Austria. 1792 start.

I am still allied with Prussia and we are in our second war against France.

The AI had a Prussian in Burgundy and I ordered my Army to make a long march (at movement limit) to join him there. (Tyrolia though Switzerland in the winter).

At the same time, the AI ordered his Army in Burgundy to move to Normandy to engage a French army there.
During turn resolution my army ended up in Flanders with him.
A teleport from Tyrolia to Flanders in one bound , in the middle of winter!

Same turn
Prussia and Austria each had an army in Flanders.

I issue orders for my Flanders corps to move into Soissons and the Prussia AI issues orders for his army to attack a French Army in Batavia.

During turn resolution, both his corps and mine move into and engage the French Army in Batavia.

I was surprised, who gave him control of my troops?

It seems the AI can also issue “rally point” requests of his allies and I think that the requests are being acted on as if there were two AI players. Over riding human given orders.

P.S. We won both battles so I am not really too upset.

Issue Four.

Same game single player game as above.

France has a Frigate parked in Beri. I did not think the Loire River was that deep!

Thanks for reading. Sorry to annoy.

I Game I Saw I Conquered

"And though the Ferris wheel spins round
my tongue it seems has run aground
and croaks as my befuddled brain
shines on brightly, quite insane "
--Shine On --Shine On --
- Procol Harum
Post #: 1
RE: Trade Issue LAN Game - 6/9/2006 8:16:10 PM   
ericbabe

It is possible to accept too many trade proposals and then to have to cancel them at a National Morale penalty.  Monetary budgeting does have a bit of a learning curve associated with it.

We have had a report of the mis-placed unit bug with foreign reinforcements in detailed battles (and it seems retreats are also a necessary part of the ingredient.)  We're hoping we can fix this with the new TCP/IP routines, otherwise I may just add a layer of redundancy checking into the routines at this point.  As I've mentioned before, the new libraries to replace the old TCP/IP have proven to be much more cumbersome to implement than I originally anticipated.

The AI cannot call your units via rally point, but the AI can call your armies as reinforcements to his battles, and there is no mechanism for refusing such a call.  Perhaps there should be, but at present there is not.  That may be what happened in your case.  We've had one request to add a "refuse to reinforce" prompt, but as it doesn't seem to come up too often players haven't complained about it too much.

(in reply to Budgie)
Post #: 2
RE: Trade Issue LAN Game - 6/9/2006 11:33:21 PM   
Budgie

quote:

It is possible to accept too many trade proposals and then to have to cancel them at a National Morale penalty. Monetary budgeting does have a bit of a learning curve associated with it.
- Ericbabe

Thanks for reply Eric.

Paying a morale penalty was fine - Once.

My issue was that the penalty (in the report) was awarded against my nation "5 times" for the same 10 cancelations. <-- at least that is what the report states, I realise there are some issues with this report.

Perhaps this intended by the programing but I would assume that one cancelation = -30 moral . Was the intention.

---------------------------------------------------
The issue of being called into battle is ok with me. In the battle in Flanders. I was in the province with him, was called and ended up fighting the battle from the start. It was interesting as I controlled my forces and my Prussian ally controlled his.

--------------------------------------------------

However being called into the second battle in Normandy, as mentioned in my post, is a serious flaw. My troops could not possibly have marched that far in one turn.

But enough. You have other fish to fry and minor issues can wait.

I Game I Saw I Conquered

"And though the Ferris wheel spins round
my tongue it seems has run aground
and croaks as my befuddled brain
shines on brightly, quite insane "
--Shine On --Shine On --
- Procol Harum

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Limited Beta Feedback >> Trade Issue LAN Game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI