Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Where is Nomonhan scenario?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> RE: Where is Nomonhan scenario? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Where is Nomonhan scenario? - 6/13/2006 5:02:22 AM   
jungelsj_slith

quote:

At $40 for the game, even for a small scenario like Leros it works out at no more than $1 an hour. There are easier ways to pay for computer games.

I agree.

(in reply to golden delicious)
Post #: 61
RE: Where is Nomonhan scenario? - 6/13/2006 5:03:31 AM   
jungelsj_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oleg Mastruko
Indeed. Now that you put it *that* way, including so many half assed poor scenarios in the final distribution seems like even worse idea than I originally thought (joking, joking!)

Oh, and please don't associate me with this guy

(in reply to Oleg Mastruko)
Post #: 62
RE: Where is Nomonhan scenario? - 6/13/2006 8:57:38 PM   
froggie

quote:

Think that Matrix was very up front with what they proposed to sell the public. They made it quite clear that it would be COW with certain bug fixes and a few added features. Most of the features were posted on the forum prior to release. As for scenario selection, Matrix explained exactly where the new scenarios were coming from and even published a list prior to release. No one buying the game can say that they were surprised. As stated earlier, if your favorites were not included, it is a perfectly good option to continue playing them with TOAW-COW.

As someone considering buying TOAWIII but who does not have COW, this confuses me.  Wouldn't it then make more sense for me to buy a used copy of COW? If the general consensus is the best scenarios are unavailable for TOAWIII...

(in reply to jungelsj_slith)
Post #: 63
RE: Where is Nomonhan scenario? - 6/13/2006 9:04:01 PM   
golden delicious

quote:

ORIGINAL: froggie

As someone considering buying TOAWIII but who does not have COW, this confuses me.  Wouldn't it then make more sense for me to buy a used copy of COW? If the general consensus is the best scenarios are unavailable for TOAWIII...

The only scenarios not available for TOAW III are those which use modified .exes, and this should hopefully change in the next six months or so. All COW scenarios can be converted to TOAW III merely by opening them in the editor and resaving them.

If you get COW, you won't find much disadvantage to begin with but, because of the advantages of TOAW III, you will find that over time both the PBEM and the scenario design communities moving over to TOAW III.

< Message edited by golden delicious -- 6/13/2006 10:10:59 PM >

"What did you read at university?"
"War Studies"
"War? Huh. What is it good for?"
"Absolutely nothing."

(in reply to froggie)
Post #: 64
RE: Where is Nomonhan scenario? - 6/13/2006 9:19:17 PM   
JMS2

quote:

ORIGINAL: golden delicious

quote:

ORIGINAL: froggie

The only scenarios now available for TOAW III are those which use modified .exes, and this should hopefully change in the next six months or so. All COW scenarios can be converted to TOAW III merely by opening them in the editor and resaving them.

If you get COW, you won't find much disadvantage to begin with but, because of the advantages of TOAW III, you will find that over time both the PBEM and the scenario design communities moving over to TOAW III.

You can play them straight off, unless they have complex event strings.

Post #: 65
RE: Where is Nomonhan scenario? - 6/13/2006 9:58:19 PM   
JAMiAM

quote:

The only scenarios now available for TOAW III are those which use modified .exes,...

I think Ben has a typo here, and it should read NOT, instead of "now".

Post #: 66
RE: Where is Nomonhan scenario? - 6/13/2006 10:11:00 PM   
golden delicious

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAMiAM

quote:

The only scenarios now available for TOAW III are those which use modified .exes,...

I think Ben has a typo here, and it should read NOT, instead of "now".

Yeah, thanks. Fixed this.

"What did you read at university?"
"War Studies"
"War? Huh. What is it good for?"
"Absolutely nothing."

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 67
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> RE: Where is Nomonhan scenario? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI