Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where do partisans usually activate

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> The War Room >> Where do partisans usually activate Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where do partisans usually activate - 6/15/2006 5:48:25 PM   
larryfulkerson

Can partisans activate in a hex that you "own". 'Cause I could have sworn that I owned the two hexes that these two partisans are in now:

Post #: 1
RE: Where do partisans usually activate - 6/15/2006 5:49:20 PM   
Chuck2

Yes. Anywhere except a city IIRC.

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 2
RE: Where do partisans usually activate - 6/15/2006 5:54:12 PM   
larryfulkerson

Well, if they can activate in YOUR hexes, what's the use of converting hexes behind the front lines to your ownership ( other than for supply purposes )? I thought that I should convert all hexes to my control to supress the appearance of partisans. I guess I thought wrong. Well, I learned something. Thanks.

(in reply to Chuck2)
Post #: 3
RE: Where do partisans usually activate - 6/16/2006 1:03:49 AM   
LLv34_Snefens

If a partisan enters on one of your hexes, you will always have him spotted and can take actions to at least contain him. If he enters on a hex already under Soviet control, there is a chance recon won't pick him up and he can then unhindered head for your supply lines. The more friendly, for him, hexes he can move on, the farther he can get.

Post #: 4
RE: Where do partisans usually activate - 6/16/2006 3:57:29 AM   
golden delicious

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

Well, if they can activate in YOUR hexes, what's the use of converting hexes behind the front lines to your ownership ( other than for supply purposes )?

Note that hex ownership has no effect on supply, unless the hex contains either a supply point or a railroad.

On top of Snefens' remark, it is also useful to convert hexes so that enemy units (but not guerrilla units) will have to pay conversion penalties for them if they ever return to that part of the map.

"What did you read at university?"
"War Studies"
"War? Huh. What is it good for?"
"Absolutely nothing."

Post #: 5
RE: Where do partisans usually activate - 6/16/2006 6:54:47 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL:  LLv34_Snefens
If a partisan enters on one of your hexes, you will always have him spotted and can take actions to at least contain him. If he enters on a hex already under Soviet control, there is a chance recon won't pick him up and he can then unhindered head for your supply lines. The more friendly, for him, hexes he can move on, the farther he can get.

quote:

ORIGINAL:  golden delicious
Note that hex ownership has no effect on supply, unless the hex contains either a supply point or a railroad.
On top of Snefens' remark, it is also useful to convert hexes so that enemy units (but not guerrilla units) will have to pay conversion penalties for them if they ever return to that part of the map.

Both are excellent remarks.  I'm learning stuff all the time.  You guys are making a better player outta me.  Thanks.

(in reply to golden delicious)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> The War Room >> Where do partisans usually activate Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI