Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WIP: GUI Mod Brown

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> RE: WIP: GUI Mod Brown Page: <<   < prev  7 8 9 [10] 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WIP: GUI Mod Brown - 3/7/2015 2:08:14 PM   
tcarusil

Sir:

Looks great. Any timetable for its release. I always appreciate a new Mod as a change of pace from what I have been using for a while.

Thanks

TomC
quote:

ORIGINAL: Telumar

There will also be a second Mod as a separate download. I think both will be finished by the coming weekend.

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 271
RE: Please post graphics mods here - 3/7/2015 10:17:12 PM   
lion_of_judah

are there any graphics which distinguish capital cities from the rest of the urban area's? I'm not looking to change the entire graphics of the game just a graphic which one can use as their capital city. Thanks

< Message edited by lion_of_judah -- 3/7/2015 11:17:36 PM >

(in reply to ralphtricky)
Post #: 272
RE: Please post graphics mods here - 3/8/2015 12:14:45 PM   
BillLottJr

quote:

ORIGINAL: lion_of_judah

are there any graphics which distinguish capital cities from the rest of the urban area's? I'm not looking to change the entire graphics of the game just a graphic which one can use as their capital city. Thanks

Use <8 at the beginning of the place name. <8PARIS for the example below.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to lion_of_judah)
Post #: 273
RE: WIP: GUI Mod Brown - 3/8/2015 11:52:18 PM   
Telumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: tcarusil

I always appreciate a new Mod as a change of pace from what I have been using for a while.

Thanks

Ah that sounds familiar I'm more or less constantly tweaking and tinkering with my AltGraphics folder.

quote:

Sir:

Looks great. Any timetable for its release.

Thanks

Patience young Padawan. I am still finetuning things, correcting some small errors and such. Added numbered exclusion zones (had this in my old mods too but this time it looks smarter ).

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Telumar -- 3/9/2015 12:52:32 AM >

(in reply to tcarusil)
Post #: 274
RE: WIP: GUI Mod Brown - 3/9/2015 4:26:27 PM   
tcarusil

I await your further instructions Master.

TomC

quote:

quote:

I always appreciate a new Mod as a change of pace from what I have been using for a while.

Thanks

Ah that sounds familiar I'm more or less constantly tweaking and tinkering with my AltGraphics folder.

quote:

Sir:

Looks great. Any timetable for its release.

Thanks

Patience young Padawan. I am still finetuning things, correcting some small errors and such. Added numbered exclusion zones (had this in my old mods too but this time it looks smarter ).

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 275
RE: Please post graphics mods here - 3/9/2015 8:20:21 PM   
lion_of_judah

Thanks appreciate it. Works like a charm

(in reply to BillLottJr)
Post #: 276
RE: WIP: GUI Mod Brown - 4/21/2015 6:40:48 PM   
Rom3l

quote:

Sir:

Looks great. Any timetable for its release. I always appreciate a new Mod as a change of pace from what I have been using for a while.

Thanks

TomC
quote:

There will also be a second Mod as a separate download. I think both will be finished by the coming weekend.

+1

(in reply to tcarusil)
Post #: 277
RE: WIP: GUI Mod Brown - 4/23/2015 12:29:55 AM   
rhinobones

quote:

Telumar

Haven't seen this mod before. From your text I assume the shaded hexes are "exclusion" zones. Right? Really nice.

Please consider making a similar mod for hex ownership. Current player would have hexes with no shading, opposing player's hexes would have shading similar to the exclusion zone mod.

For myself, I find a bit of shading to distinguish the opponent's hexes much better than the flags and dotted lines TOAW currently uses.

Cheers for your efforts.

Regards, RhinoBones

Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 278
RE: WIP: GUI Mod Brown - 2/20/2016 11:10:44 AM   
gliz2

I want to pick the SCAF icons mod. Can anyone help me with the basic? Which files I need to change to get the 2d unit pictures?
signsafrica.co.za/images/wargamer/Equip%20mod_screenie.jpg (I'm not yet allowed to post links)

Is Telumar map mod project still alive or is it dead?

< Message edited by gliz2 -- 2/20/2016 12:13:46 PM >

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 279
RE: WIP: GUI Mod Brown - 2/20/2016 4:16:08 PM   
Meyer1

quote:

ORIGINAL: gliz2

I want to pick the SCAF icons mod. Can anyone help me with the basic? Which files I need to change to get the 2d unit pictures?
signsafrica.co.za/images/wargamer/Equip%20mod_screenie.jpg (I'm not yet allowed to post links)

Is Telumar map mod project still alive or is it dead?

http://signsafrica.co.za/images/wargamer/Equip%20mod_screenie.jpg

I am interested as well but I don't think he ever released it, I guess you could try to PM the guy.
Telumar I think he's been MIA for a while.

(in reply to gliz2)
Post #: 280
RE: WIP: GUI Mod Brown - 2/20/2016 7:13:59 PM   
gliz2

Thx Meyer :)

Do you know which graphic is responsible for displaying the pictures in the unit icon?

Also I cannot get any GUI modifications to work. I installed them in the AlternateGraphics folder. Or it should be any other folder?

(in reply to Meyer1)
Post #: 281
RE: WIP: GUI Mod Brown - 2/24/2016 8:28:53 PM   
sPzAbt653

A question for the graphics department - I'm using the Square Counters Mod, and I made a few changes myself, and now in Huge 2D Mode the Loss Settings appear differently. As seen below, the first 'dot' for Minimize appears normal, but the next two for Limit and Ignore appear as lines. This is using the bmp's [not the png's]. While I can see that the Huge 2D appears to use a different source from or in the Numbers file for the dots, I don't know what they are, so I can't determine what I changed to make these appear differently.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to gliz2)
Post #: 282
RE: WIP: GUI Mod Brown - 2/24/2016 8:34:12 PM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

Do you know which graphic is responsible for displaying the pictures in the unit icon?

Each set of colors has its own icon set. They are in the main Graphics folder, for example units_1_green_1.

quote:

I cannot get any GUI modifications to work.

I am not sure about this, but I thought they would be read from AltGraphics, so maybe try the Graphics Folder, or the scenario specific Graphics folder if there is one. And always back up the originals !

(in reply to gliz2)
Post #: 283
RE: WIP: GUI Mod Brown - 2/27/2016 1:55:48 AM   
Meyer1

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

A question for the graphics department - I'm using the Square Counters Mod, and I made a few changes myself, and now in Huge 2D Mode the Loss Settings appear differently. As seen below, the first 'dot' for Minimize appears normal, but the next two for Limit and Ignore appear as lines.

Do they look good with the regular counters?. In my case, normal bmp counters look bad in huge view, in fact, even worse than yours. I would guess that the screen resolution could be a factor here.

But I don't care since I think png look so much better

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 284
RE: WIP: GUI Mod Brown - 2/27/2016 1:57:47 AM   
Meyer1

quote:

ORIGINAL: gliz2

Also I cannot get any GUI modifications to work. I installed them in the AlternateGraphics folder. Or it should be any other folder?

Just to add to Steve's answer, make sure that the mod files are in the AltGraphics folder, sometimes while unzipping a subfolder is created and that is not gonna work.

(in reply to gliz2)
Post #: 285
RE: WIP: GUI Mod Brown - 2/27/2016 4:32:26 AM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

I think png look so much better

Stop staying stuff like that, there could be children around !

I checked other scenarios that use the stock graphics and all is good, so its something I've done unwittingly.

(in reply to Meyer1)
Post #: 286
RE: WIP: GUI Mod Brown - 2/27/2016 4:36:43 AM   
Meyer1

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

quote:

I think png look so much better

Stop staying stuff like that, there could be children around !

I checked other scenarios that use the stock graphics and all is good, so its something I've done unwittingly.

Well, good for you. This is how mine look at 2560x1440 (pictured zoomed to see more detail)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 287
RE: WIP: GUI Mod Brown - 2/27/2016 12:23:03 PM   
sPzAbt653

At that zoom in you can see how the lower 'dot' is different from the two above it. So its using something different, which is what I can't find, or is what I don't know how is done. As you can see in the shot in post #282, my two dots above are truncated, or are being impinged upon, or I screwed up some pixels somewhere, or something else.

(in reply to Meyer1)
Post #: 288
RE: WIP: GUI Mod Brown - 2/27/2016 3:06:24 PM   
Lobster

Looks like the dots are crowded causing the dots above the first to be cut off. The dot is located between the last 'X' and the 'L' on the right hand side of Numbers.bmp, H_numbers.bmp and the corresponding .png files. So if something was done to shift the position or size of that dot that change will have an impact on how they are displayed on the counter. Maybe they were moved up a couple of pixels. In the Numbers.bmp file the dots should be one pixel short of covering their color bar. Touch the bottom but not the top of their color bar. Hope it's something that simple.

< Message edited by Lobster -- 2/27/2016 3:09:27 PM >

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 289
RE: WIP: GUI Mod Brown - 3/26/2016 5:14:21 PM   
IslandInland

I've just bought TOAW III with the 30% off discount. I installed the game, applied the latest patch and set about installing a graphics mod to make the game look better. I chose Classic Redux II as I noticed it in this thread a few pages back.

Am I right in thinking I just need to copy and paste the contents of the mod into the AltGraphics folder in the TOAW III main directory? I did that and then copied the Almost Olive GUI mod as I like that one.

I compared my game with the screenshots here:

https://thetoawbeachhead.wordpress.com/2013/10/06/classic-redux-ii/

and all seems to be well apart from the desert graphics in the WWII North Africa scenarios. The area around Knightsbridge looks different in my game than it does in the screenshot on the webpage listed mentioned above.

Have I installed this correctly or is there something else I should be doing?

Any help would be much appreciated.

War In The East 2 Beta Tester and
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
XXXCorps

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 290
RE: WIP: GUI Mod Brown - 3/31/2016 7:32:00 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: XXXCorps

I've just bought TOAW III with the 30% off discount. I installed the game, applied the latest patch and set about installing a graphics mod to make the game look better. I chose Classic Redux II as I noticed it in this thread a few pages back.

Am I right in thinking I just need to copy and paste the contents of the mod into the AltGraphics folder in the TOAW III main directory? I did that and then copied the Almost Olive GUI mod as I like that one.

and all seems to be well apart from the desert graphics in the WWII North Africa scenarios. The area around Knightsbridge looks different in my game than it does in the screenshot on the webpage listed mentioned above.

Make sure to create a folder with the exact name of the scenario in the AltGraphics folder and copy the special desert tiles in there.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to IslandInland)
Post #: 291
RE: WIP: GUI Mod Brown - 5/24/2016 2:08:45 AM   
RyanCrierie

quote:

I am interested as well but I don't think he ever released it, I guess you could try to PM the guy.

Interesting concept. I could try my hand at it -- it's not that difficult, just time consuming.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by RyanCrierie -- 5/24/2016 2:37:43 AM >

(in reply to Meyer1)
Post #: 292
RE: Please post graphics mods here - 6/27/2016 11:05:38 PM   
CapitanPiluso

quote:

Classic Redux (.PNG) - Get it here: http://ge.tt/7jY2nTF/v/0?c?c

Hi Telumar
As my computer died I bought a new one and reinstalled TOAW, then downloaded your mod but couldn t get these fonts,only the original fonts appear.
So long when I did this for the first time,am I missing somethig besides unzipping into altgraphic folder??

Thanks a lot.

One cornerstone of maritimal warfare:
Keep yourself near the lifeboat.
(Capt.Piluso)

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 293
RE: Please post graphics mods here - 6/28/2016 1:06:55 AM   
Meyer1

Piluso: I think those are windows fonts, so you have to edit the "opart3.ini" or the "Opart 3fonts.ini" or both, to get those. From Telumar page (still MIA :( )

quote:

And the GUI:

There is not only one, but 10 GUI Mods! Note that the GUI mods are themed, i.e. the Mod ‘Eastern Rust’ has a World War II Soviet theme while the Modern Olive style is a Cold War/Post Cold War general theme. Also note that the download contains an Opart 3 fonts .ini file with the settings and fonts that have been used for the screenshots. Please also read the ‘readme’ text file that is contained in the download.

https://thetoawbeachhead.wordpress.com/category/graphic-mods/

Saludos de Coquito

< Message edited by Meyer1 -- 6/28/2016 1:11:31 AM >

(in reply to CapitanPiluso)
Post #: 294
RE: WIP: GUI Mod Brown - 6/28/2016 1:16:11 AM   
Meyer1

quote:

ORIGINAL: XXXCorps

Looks like you did it right.. could you post a screenshot? Maybe the image in Telumar's page doesn't correspond exactly with his mod...

(in reply to IslandInland)
Post #: 295
RE: WIP: GUI Mod Brown - 6/28/2016 1:20:05 AM   
Meyer1

quote:

ORIGINAL: RyanCrierie

quote:

Interesting concept. I could try my hand at it -- it's not that difficult, just time consuming.

Look nice, but with so many different equipment types, I guess it's a monster job.

(in reply to RyanCrierie)
Post #: 296
RE: Please post graphics mods here - 6/28/2016 10:22:22 PM   
CapitanPiluso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Meyer1

Piluso: I think those are windows fonts, so you have to edit the "opart3.ini" or the "Opart 3fonts.ini" or both, to get those. From Telumar page (still MIA :( )

quote:

And the GUI:

There is not only one, but 10 GUI Mods! Note that the GUI mods are themed, i.e. the Mod ‘Eastern Rust’ has a World War II Soviet theme while the Modern Olive style is a Cold War/Post Cold War general theme. Also note that the download contains an Opart 3 fonts .ini file with the settings and fonts that have been used for the screenshots. Please also read the ‘readme’ text file that is contained in the download.

https://thetoawbeachhead.wordpress.com/category/graphic-mods/

Saludos de Coquito

Thank you but in the opart3fonts there are several fonts names and I don´t know which should I change...

Uyy desde chico que no sabia nada de Coquito

One cornerstone of maritimal warfare:
Keep yourself near the lifeboat.
(Capt.Piluso)

(in reply to Meyer1)
Post #: 297
RE: Please post graphics mods here - 6/29/2016 1:07:28 AM   
Meyer1

Piluso: download the GUI file from Telu's page, there's a readme there and also the Opart3 Fonts.ini file to get those fonts.

(in reply to CapitanPiluso)
Post #: 298
RE: Please post graphics mods here - 10/27/2016 11:47:29 PM   
RyanCrierie

I created a somewhat curated Archival page of TOAW graphics mods here LINK

(in reply to Meyer1)
Post #: 299
RE: Please post graphics mods here - 7/16/2017 8:04:50 AM   
fulcrum28

where do you put all silvain mod files?

The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)

(in reply to RyanCrierie)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 9 [10] 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> RE: WIP: GUI Mod Brown Page: <<   < prev  7 8 9 [10] 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI