Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bolo boy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> Bolo boy Page: <<   < prev  44 45 [46] 47 48   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bolo boy - 8/28/2007 5:26:05 AM   
Cap Mandrake

*************Oval Office, White House, Sept 15, 1942*************

<A tall man with patrician features stands behind a beautiful desk first acquired by Millard Fillmore. Admiral King and Genral Marshall pause respectfully at the double, hand-carved mohagany doors.>

Patrician Guy: .....One hundred twenty two, one hundred twenty three, one hundred twenty four..

Gen. Marshall: Mr. President sir, it's time for your Presidential Daily Briefing.

Patrician Guy: <flubs bolo streak> DAMNIT! That was a White House RECORD! <his mood changes immediately as Ritalin is not yet in widespread use> Oh, all right, come in. Say have you guys seen the new intern? Wowser! This is a cool gig.

Gen. Marshall: <he and Admiral King move toward the erstwhile POTUS> Sir, I have good news! Marine and US Army units have captured Eastern Island today with the surrender or elimination of all Japanese defenders.

Patrician Guy: Whoa, that is waaay cool! What about all those statues?

Gen. Marshall: Statues sir?

Patrician Guy: Yeah, you know. <he stands rigidly upright, arms at his side, making a frowning face> The lava rock, why is my head so square and my legs buried in the ground guys.

Gen. Marshall: Oh, I believe you me Easter Island, sir?

Patrician Guy: Isn't that what you said. I had no idea the Japs had got so far, the little yellow bastards.

Gen. Marshall: Oh, no sir, I said EASTERN ISLAND. It's part of Midway Atoll.

Patrician Guy: Wait, it IS part of Midway or it ISN'T at all.

Gen. Marshall: It IS an atoll, sir.

Patrician Guy: Look, IS it or ISN'T it?

Gen. Marshall: Is it or isn't it what sir?

Patrician Guy: Oy, my head hurts. Did I tell you guys these Scotch bottles are magic? <grabs a 200 year old crystal decanter>

Gen. Marshall: Magic, sir?

Patrician Guy: Yeah, watch this. <he empties the decanter into his glass then carries it over to a small cherry wood cart> If I go to the can or something the Godamned thing will be full when I get out, but if I jsut watch it..nothing. Damned amazing, if you ask me.

Adm. King: Sir, perhaps I should give you the Naval SitRep?

Patrician Guy: Oh, please don't. I HATE exercise.

Adm. King: Exercise, sir?

Patrician Guy: Yeah, Sit Rep. Sit, stand, sit , stand..blah, blah blah

Adm. King: Oh, no sir. I meant the situation in the Pacific.

Patrician Guy: Well, speakee de Enleesh. How is the Bee?

Adm. King: The Bee, sir

Patrician Guy: Yeah, the Bee, the Bee. The insect boat.

Adm. King: Oh, you mean the Wasp sir. She is safely at Pearl again. The Japs tried to intercept her but she hid out at Midway Atoll.

Patrician Guy: Oh, for the love of Christ! Not you too?...

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 8/28/2007 5:27:47 AM >

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 1351
RE: Bolo boy - 8/28/2007 12:49:04 PM   
Terminus

Good Lord!

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 1352
RE: Frauline Tatarin - 8/28/2007 5:16:05 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Naskra

Is it true Heisenberg ran over and killed Schrodinger's cat?

We may never know. It seems probable though.

(in reply to Naskra)
Post #: 1353
RE: Frauline Tatarin - 8/28/2007 7:27:20 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Naskra

Is it true Heisenberg ran over and killed Schrodinger's cat?

We may never know. It seems probable though.

Heisenberg was looking at his speedometer, so he didn't really know if he hit the cat - it hasn't been seen since, and it is not known if it is alive or dead...

Post #: 1354
Sodium Bar - 8/28/2007 8:30:35 PM   
Cap Mandrake

********Sodium Bar, Near Lawrence Livermore, Nightime, I have no idea what day************

Na-24: Man, I am not feeling so hot all of a sudden. I am going to hit the can.

Na-23: Roger that. I will entertain myself for a bit.

<Na-24 heads off to the can. "Disco Man" comes on the sound system and an annoying mirrored ball begins to spin above. Shortly after he disappears into the can, there is a flash of blue light and the room warms imperceptibly. Nobody takes notice. Shortly afterward 24 heads back to the bar. He slaps 23 on the shoulder>

24: Bartender! Another round here please.

Na-23: <turns to face his benefactor> Do I know you?

24: What do you mean, 23? Did you have another round wihile I was in the can? You need to pace yourself.

Na-23: 24?

24: Well...yeah.

Na-23: O Jesus, man. It happened. Didn't you look in the mirror when you were washing your hands with the non-aqueous hand wash?

24: Well, no. I didn't wash my hands.

Na-23: Jesus, man. Why didn't you tell me that before I ordered the three-bean dip. Anyway. It's like this, dood. I am pretty sure you are Magnesium. Beta decay. It had to happen.

Mg-24: Oh crap! But I had at least 14 hrs left.

Na-23: Man, it don't work that way.

Mg-24: But I don't want to be Magnesium!

Na-23: Hey, cheer up. Maybe you will decay to Neon, that would be cool. Or better yet, even Oxygen. I hear Oxygen bars are the bees knees. Here, let me check <pulls out a pocket protector with decay chains>. Let's see, Magnesium....24...oh!

Mg-24: What? What's wrong?

Na-23: You are stable man. Magnesium it is.

Mg-24: Oh Hell!

Bartender: <approaches with two shot glasses, then stops abruptly> Hey, wait a minute! We don't serve his kind here. <points at Mg-24> He will have to leave.

Mg-24: <turns and leaves silently, head bowed>

Na-23: Stay in touch, man. And lay off the smoking if you know what's good for you.<turns to bartender> Man, that is way harsh.

Bartender: Company policy. Not my call. No divalent cations here. They hog all the monovalent anions. They aren't happy until they have two each, or, even worse, a whole posse of Sulfur and Oxygen. Damn preverts. Is that what you want?

Na-23: No, I see your point. I'll take both shots. <turns to scan the bar and immediately fixes his gaze on a hot Chlorine atom coming his way. She has a cool horizontal line that hovers above her. Quietly he asks himself> What is up with that? <as she approaches he feels a strange attraction. Even his barstool begins to tip>.....

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 8/29/2007 11:07:39 PM >

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 1355
RE: Sodium Bar - 8/28/2007 8:32:48 PM   
Terminus

Oh, God... He's gone Periodic Table on us...

Post #: 1356
RE: Sodium Bar - 8/29/2007 2:10:55 PM   
Onime No Kyo

Whew! Thank Thread for that Mandrake. Most of that last joke went completely over my head. Also, I am happy to report that although I've heard about Schroedinger's Cat, I dont think I ever really understood it, except, maybe, when reduced to its simplest terms. That means I'm not as big a geek as I was afraid I was. Woohoo!

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 1357
RE: Sodium Bar - 8/29/2007 3:45:34 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

********Sodium Bar, Near Lawrence Livermore, Nightime, I have no idea what day************

Na-24: Man, I am not feeling so hot all of a sudden. I am going to hit the can.

Na-23: Roger that. I will entertain myself for a bit.

<Na-24 heads off to the can. "Disco Man" comes on the sound system and an annoying mirrored ball begins to spin above. Shortly after he disappears into the can, there is a flash of blue light and the room warms imperceptibly. Nobody takes notice. Shortly afterward 24 heads back to the bar. He slaps 23 on the shoulder>

24: Bartender! Another round here please.

Na-23: <turns to face his benefactor> Do I know you?

24: What do you mean, 23? Did you have another round wihile I was in the can? You need to pace yourself.

Na-23: 24?

24: Well...yeah.

Na-23: O Jesus, man. It happened. Didn't you look in the mirror when you were washing your hands with the non-aqueous hand wash?

24: Well, no. I didn't wash my hands.

Na-23: Jesus, man. Why didn't you tell me that before I ordered the three-bean dip. Anyway. It's like this, dood. I am pretty sure you are Magnesium. Beta decay. It had to happen.

Mg-24: Oh crap! But I had at least 14 hrs left.

Na-23: Man, it don't work that way.

Mg-24: But I don't want to be Magnesium!

Na-23: Hey, cheer up. Maybe you will decay to Neon, that would be cool. Or better yet, even Oxygen. I hear Oxygen bars are the bees knees. Here, let me check <pulls out a pocket protector with decay chains>. Let's see, Magnesium....24...oh!

Mg-24: What? What's wrong?

Na-23: You are stable man. Magnesium it is.

Mg-24: Oh Hell!

Bartender: <approaches with two shot glasses, then stops abruptly> Hey, wait a minute! We don't serve his kind here. <points at Mg-24> He will have to leave.

Mg-24: <turns and leaves silently, head bowed>

Na-23: Stay in touch, man. And lay off the smoking if you know what's good for you.<turns to bartender> Man, that is way harsh.

Bartender: Company policy. Not my call. No divalent cations here. They hog all the monovalent anions. They aren't happy until they have two each, or, even worse, a whole posse of Sulfur and Oxygen. Damn preverts. Is that what you want?

Na-23: No, I see your point. I'll take both shots. <turns to scan the bar and immediately fixes his gaze on a hot Chloride atom coming his way. She has a cool horizontal line that hovers above her. Quietly he asks himself> What is up with that? <as she approaches he feels a strange attraction. Even his barstool begins to tip>.....

i wonder if that Chlorine is from Idaho???

Post #: 1358
RE: Sodium Bar - 8/29/2007 11:29:25 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

i wonder if that Chlorine is from Idaho???

It just occured to me I said "Chloride" instead of "Chlorine". You have it right.

You had to mention Idaho, didn't you? I just got an email from stalker-girl. She informed me that with the aid of picture of me from her cell phone, a hot tub and a bottle of Kentucky confectionary, she indulged in some "me time". She also said she had a new $60 wax and a plane ticket for the 5th She also reports she is going to buy some "stuff" down here because she doesn't want TSA looking through her luggage. Maybe I should just put a big ring in my nose to aid in the "leading around".

Help!..Mommy!

PS...I think my housekeeper felt bad about the bikini crack (joke) because she bought me a pair of really nice crystal beer glasses. Very nice gesture. Still, I hope she expects no quid pro quo in services.

*************10th USAAF Air Force HQ, Dacca, 19:40, Sept 15, 1942*************

Gen. Chennault: What is the latest from the Lashio raid?

CO, 5th G(H): We lost 10 Forts, sir, 6 to triple A and the Tonys and 4 on the trip back due to battle damage or weather.

Gen. Chennault: And the Japs.

CO, 5th G(H): 6 or 7 Tonys in the air, an unkown number, perhaps as much as ten, on the ground. BDA from the Lightnings showed nearly 50 bomb craters on the runway...........

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 8/29/2007 11:30:47 PM >

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 1359
RE: Sodium Bar - 8/29/2007 11:48:26 PM   
witpqs

Maybe they're gonna fight over you. Think 'mud wrestling'!

Post #: 1360
RE: Sodium Bar - 8/29/2007 11:53:33 PM   
Terminus

quote:

You had to mention Idaho, didn't you? I just got an email from stalker-girl. She informed me that with the aid of picture of me from her cell phone, a hot tub and a bottle of Kentucky confectionary, she indulged in some "me time".

I think that qualifies as Too Much Information...

Post #: 1361
RE: Sodium Bar - 8/30/2007 12:11:32 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Yes..that was definitely "oversharing". I think it was meant as a psyops attack. Of course, I repeated it, but second-hand "oversharing" is not as bad.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 8/30/2007 12:12:32 AM >

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 1362
RE: Sodium Bar - 8/30/2007 2:31:07 AM   
T Rav

I'm torn. Should you spend time on the updates or extra-curicular activities? OK, both it is then.

I wish you well in your endevours, but you'll need to signal us somehow if you need a rescue team on the the 6th...

Good Luck,
T Rav

Post #: 1363
RE: Sodium Bar - 8/30/2007 3:55:31 AM   
BrucePowers

quote:

ORIGINAL: T Rav

I'm torn. Should you spend time on the updates or extra-curicular activities? OK, both it is then.

I wish you well in your endevours, but you'll need to signal us somehow if you need a rescue team on the the 6th...

Good Luck,
T Rav

Boy, am I glad I live in Florida

(in reply to T Rav)
Post #: 1364
RE: Sodium Bar - 8/30/2007 6:38:06 AM   
bradfordkay

If you're lucky, the visitor from idaho won't make it past the airport restroom...

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 1365
RE: Sodium Bar - 8/30/2007 2:08:46 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

If you're lucky, the visitor from idaho won't make it past the airport restroom...

Only if she's a senator.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 1366
RE: Sodium Bar - 8/30/2007 2:09:54 PM   
Onime No Kyo

Well? Doesnt anyone want to explain Schroedinger's Cat to me? Do you know a cry for help when you hear one?

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 1367
RE: Sodium Bar - 8/30/2007 2:11:00 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

Yes..that was definitely "oversharing". I think it was meant as a psyops attack. Of course, I repeated it, but second-hand "oversharing" is not as bad.

Ive got a sureshot remidy for you. Make the sex really bad.

Post #: 1368
RE: Sodium Bar - 8/30/2007 5:21:20 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Well? Doesnt anyone want to explain Schroedinger's Cat to me? Do you know a cry for help when you hear one?

It has to do with the Heisenberg uncertainty principle (the act of observing something changes it, first postulated with respect to the position of electrons about an atomic nucleus). Schroedinger explained it with a thought experiment involving his cat. It went sorta like this:

His cat is in a box. There are two possible states for the cat, alive or dead. If you lift up the box to examine the cat, you will cause the cat to assume one of the two states. As long as the box is left in place, the cat has a probability of being alive and a probability of being dead, but it is neither.

So, it's really a dead cat joke.

< Message edited by witpqs -- 8/30/2007 5:22:57 PM >

Post #: 1369
RE: Sodium Bar - 8/30/2007 5:27:13 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

Presumably, she is flying in to John Wayne Airport. I think if she tries the two-stall toe tap there, with a picture of John Wayne in the lobby, they will shoot her and then search her luggage.

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 1370
RE: Sodium Bar - 8/30/2007 5:29:28 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: T Rav

Good Luck,
T Rav

Thanks for the positive vibes. The updates are caught up with the game. We are waiting on the Sept. 17 turn to come back.

(in reply to T Rav)
Post #: 1371
Be the (air) force - 8/30/2007 5:40:06 PM   
Cap Mandrake

**************Myitkinia Air Field, 07:30, Sept 16, 1942**********

Sqd Ldr Edge, RAF (No. 605 Sqdrn) checks the manifold pressure of his idling Hurricane II and glances to his right in a pouring rain. His wingman, Flt. Lt, Stephen is right where he should be. Visibility over the runway is less than 200 m. He gives his wingman the thumbs up sign and the Flt. Lt returns it with a knowing smile. Together, they pull down their blindfolds and begin to run up their engines.

Post #: 1372
RE: Be the (air) force - 8/30/2007 5:49:06 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Here are the air losses for the 16th. 7 Tonys are shot down and one each of Hurricane and Spitfire. Nothing shows on the combat text file or on the replay. Hmmm?

I think this is blindfold combat with Tonys flying LRCAP over Myitkinia. The RAF pilots "feel" the kill, but because they can't "see" it, it's not on the official report.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1373
RE: Sodium Bar - 8/30/2007 6:40:23 PM   
BrucePowers

quote:

quote:

Presumably, she is flying in to John Wayne Airport. I think if she tries the two-stall toe tap there, with a picture of John Wayne in the lobby, they will shoot her and then search her luggage.

Now, I always use John Wayne airport. (It's close to where I want to go). Do I need to switch back to LAX to protect myself

Post #: 1374
RE: Sodium Bar - 8/30/2007 11:14:24 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

Now, I always use John Wayne airport. (It's close to where I want to go). Do I need to switch back to LAX to protect myself

As general rule, you should always use protection. In particular if you see a good-looking 30 ish woman with auburn hair ...I'm guessing...wearing one of those impractical French-maid outfits..I would run like Hell.

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 1375
Party time in Little China - 8/30/2007 11:22:37 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Another attack on Myitkinia is repulsed after considerable sacrifice of Allied medium bombers on Tac Air missions over the area (19 x Wellington, 11 x B-25). 9 RAF fighters lost to 5 confirmed Tony's, though there will doubtless be operational losses for the Tonys.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1376
RE: Sodium Bar - 8/30/2007 11:26:34 PM   
VSWG

quote:

This should explain everything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger%27s_cat

I think Nik would gladly contribute his cats for this experiment...

Post #: 1377
RE: Sodium Bar - 8/31/2007 6:59:59 PM   
BrucePowers

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

As general rule, you should always use protection. In particular if you see a good-looking 30 ish woman with auburn hair ...I'm guessing...wearing one of those impractical French-maid outfits..I would run like Hell.

Okay, I have a better idea. I will start using Long Beach Airport (it's closer to my hotel anyway).

Post #: 1378
RE: Sodium Bar - 8/31/2007 8:49:13 PM   
bobogoboom

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ive got a sureshot remidy for you. Make the sex really bad.

He's a man isn't that normal.

I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc

Post #: 1379
RE: Bolo boy - 8/31/2007 11:32:31 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Hey, wait a minute. I didn't consent to anything...yet. What I really need is someone to tell me to "just say no" in case she gets past the Homeowner's Assn Frontier Forces or shows up at work.

Perhaps if I let it slip I was playing an on-line wargame........?

Post #: 1380
Page:   <<   < prev  44 45 [46] 47 48   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> Bolo boy Page: <<   < prev  44 45 [46] 47 48   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI