Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Weather

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Weather Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Weather - 6/2/2009 3:09:09 PM   
Caquineur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Froonp
Here is the latest (2003) impulse track.

I'm interested in your study on the weather probabilities, and I hope you'll publish the results somewhere.

Thanks again.
I will definitely do that... when it's finished and checked and double-checked

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 271
RE: Weather - 6/2/2009 6:57:45 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greywolf

About the weather map, the different kind of weather are hard to tell appart : Storm / Snow and in some way Blizzard and Rain.

The stars are nearly invisible. And the weather legend should be near each month name or only once at top, in the middle with all the colors on the picture it is hard to saw.

Also thoses pages 9-10 tutorial should point right from the start that a D10 is rolled for weather, could be confusing to see 12 images otherwise...

Thank you for your comments.

I want to revisit all the screen shots for the tutorials since it has been over a year since they were taken and I know that some of the forms have changed. And yeah, the presentation of the weather information could stand improvement.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Greywolf)
Post #: 272
RE: Weather - 6/29/2011 4:07:45 PM   
Centuur

As a non native English speaker, I'm probably not an expert on English grammar. If I'm reading things right, however...

Stated in post 247, the discription of the Optional 2D10 table on the modifiers:
“-4 for attacking in jungle. But +1 for each white print Japanese, Australian or US marine attacking a jungle hex.”
This means that only white print marine units from Japan, Australia or the US are getting the +1.

Stated in post 249, the notes for odds modifiers:
“+1 per US marine, Japanese or Australian corps/army (unit must be elite) attacking a jungle hex”
This means that any white print US marine, or any white print Japanese or Australian corps/ army is getting the +1.  

Since I never played with the 2D10 table the question is which is correct. I haven't got a clue...

< Message edited by Centuur -- 6/29/2011 4:09:04 PM >

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 273
RE: Weather - 6/29/2011 5:05:59 PM   
michaelbaldur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

As a non native English speaker, I'm probably not an expert on English grammar. If I'm reading things right, however...

Stated in post 247, the discription of the Optional 2D10 table on the modifiers:
“-4 for attacking in jungle. But +1 for each white print Japanese, Australian or US marine attacking a jungle hex.”
This means that only white print marine units from Japan, Australia or the US are getting the +1.

“+1 per US marine, Japanese or Australian corps/army (unit must be elite) attacking a jungle hex”
This means that any white print US marine, or any white print Japanese or Australian corps/ army is getting the +1.  

Since I never played with the 2D10 table the question is which is correct. I haven't got a clue...

Australia don´t have marine .... it is white print Japanese and Australians ... and us marines

the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 274
RE: Weather - 6/29/2011 7:01:40 PM   
Centuur

If this is the case, I would suggest to change both lines as follows:

"+1 per US marine, white print Japanese or Australian corps/army attacking a jungle hex".

Or are both lines correct English language? I am a little confused by the different descriptions here...

A US marine division doesn't qualify for a +1, or does it qualify? Since the first line doesn't state "corps/army" and the second line does...

Peter.

(in reply to michaelbaldur)
Post #: 275
RE: Weather - 6/29/2011 7:39:23 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

The text in post 249 is more precise. This is an example of the difference between ADG's WIF FE rules (post 247 - faithful to ADG's RAW) and my rewrite of of them for MWIF (post 249).

I am loathe to makes these edits though, since what may appear to be a minor rewording can affect the interpretation of the rules. So, for the Rules as Coded (RAC) document, I have left the ADG text unmodified. The Help message in post 247 is quoting from RAC.

On the other hand, I had to decide how the text should be interpreted so that I could write the code. And when I explain how the program works (e.g., in the Players Manual - post 249 is from the PM), I rewrite some text for clarity.

Life is never easy.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 276
RE: Weather - 6/30/2011 9:54:39 PM   
Centuur

No, life can't be hell sometimes (like tuesday afternoon when my car choose to break after work on the motorway with 34 Celsius and no shadow to stand...).

That meant not being able to get to work on wednesday, that was the positive side of things...

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 277
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Weather Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI