Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

editing the XML

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> editing the XML Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
editing the XML - 7/16/2006 7:33:05 AM   
akw4572

When I try and get the cursor to come up in my XML doc, it doesn't so I can't edit anything. The doc. itself comes up in IE, any suggestions? I remember a few versions back I could edit the document, but I can't seem to get this one to work. I'd like to tone down pitcher recovery and fatigue.
Post #: 1
RE: editing the XML - 7/16/2006 7:56:09 AM   
SittingDuck

copy the file and change the extension to TXT with Notepad, then alter and save as XML

(in reply to akw4572)
Post #: 2
RE: editing the XML - 7/16/2006 2:37:32 PM   
sposfan

sittingduck,

actually you do not have to change the file extension. Simply right click the xml file, select open with and choose notepad and you're good to go. Always make sure to make a backup first of the original. Also if memory serves, after you make you changes, open it up in explorer simply by doubleclicking the file and it should tell you if there is a formatting error.

(in reply to SittingDuck)
Post #: 3
RE: editing the XML - 7/16/2006 4:35:18 PM   
henry296

I usually just open Notepad first and then select the XML file.

(in reply to sposfan)
Post #: 4
RE: editing the XML - 7/16/2006 5:27:19 PM   
SittingDuck

Thanks - I actually work straight off a txt file and then copy it as a xml file, merely because my program (Notepad++) uses a lot of highlights and so forth and can be confusing.

(in reply to henry296)
Post #: 5
RE: editing the XML - 7/17/2006 2:49:22 AM   
akw4572

Thanks for the replies guys, I had to ump a DH today in 97 degree heat, so I haven't been around.

(in reply to SittingDuck)
Post #: 6
RE: editing the XML - 10/30/2006 2:12:32 AM   
brewgrad

My entire starting pitching staff is injured. I might not be so fed up but this is my first season with 2007 after importing my file from the 2004 game. This has been a problem with other versions and I understand about editing the xml. I've "fixed" it before.

So like I said, I need to edit the .xml file. I've done it for previous versions but with this one - version 1.32 for 2007, when I save my edited file it is significantly smaller than the original and the program won't recognize it. This happens even if I just change the number within the pitcher injury programming line. Am I missing something? Has anyone else had this problem.

(in reply to akw4572)
Post #: 7
RE: editing the XML - 10/30/2006 8:20:55 PM   
Amaroq

Wow, that sounds quite wrong on many fronts.

I haven't seen such serious injury-age, but I haven't imported '04 to '07 either. Is it reproducible, e.g., if you re-import your 2004 game again, do you see all your pitchers get hurt again? And/or are all the AI teams suffering similar injury patterns to you?

On the .XML file, what program are you using for editing? I haven't seen anybody post about a significant file-size change. All I can imagine is that your editor thinks it knows .XML, but is mucking it up. Simple Notepad and WordPad (write.exe) work fine for me.

(in reply to brewgrad)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> editing the XML Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI