Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Other Matrix games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Other Matrix games Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Other Matrix games - 7/21/2006 6:27:59 AM   
akw4572

What other Matrix games would you recommend to a semi experienced past wargamer. My experience would include most of the older SSI games (Panzer General, Allied General, Pacific General). I am familiar with those types of gameplay.
Post #: 1
RE: Other Matrix games - 7/21/2006 6:40:18 AM   
Claymore Cut

quote:

ORIGINAL: akw4572

What other Matrix games would you recommend to a semi experienced past wargamer. My experience would include most of the older SSI games (Panzer General, Allied General, Pacific General). I am familiar with those types of gameplay.

This probably belongs in Matrix Open....
I have played the Harpoon boardgame which is fun, but never the computer version...

(in reply to akw4572)
Post #: 2
RE: Other Matrix games - 7/21/2006 6:53:02 AM   
akw4572

quote:

ORIGINAL: Claymore Cut

quote:

ORIGINAL: akw4572

This probably belongs in Matrix Open....
I have played the Harpoon boardgame which is fun, but never the computer version...

I debated where to put it.....but I'm mostly a baseball guy and wanted to see what other games puresimmers were playing.

(in reply to Claymore Cut)
Post #: 3
RE: Other Matrix games - 7/21/2006 2:43:18 PM   
SpharV2

If you never got into anything more complex than the Generals series, most of the Matrix offerings are probably going to be more in depth than you're looking for. The Operational Art of War can be played without getting too deep into it, but to really understand and excel at it, you'd have to understand a lot of things under the hood. If you're determined to buy Matrix, I'd look at Spartan and Gates of Troy, those are good games, and not terribly complex. Or you could go old school (And free) and download the Steel Panthers reworking they have here. If you're willing to look outside Matrix, there are a few other suggestions I could give you.

(in reply to akw4572)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Other Matrix games Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI