Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Limited staff rules/EW intensity...AI cheating?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Limited staff rules/EW intensity...AI cheating? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Limited staff rules/EW intensity...AI cheating? - 7/22/2006 5:06:16 PM   
FlipTrac_511

I've been playing 'Spartans at Norderfurt' as WP with limited staff rules and med EW intensity and I have observed my orders per turn decrease to three per turn and one per turn the closer NATO gets to being eliminated.

At first I thought this was due to the scen nearing turn 40 along with the shrinking number of units towards that point. But when I used a custom-made variation of the scenario, I plastered V corps with a dozen nuke strikes at the opening turn. And immediately thereafter I was limited to one order per turn! So at turn 1, I can only give one order to my entire OB which was at 100% strength while the enemy was decimated to 5%. Is the AI cheating or have I yet to grasp how limited staff rules and EW intensity works?

Also, I question the ability of remnant Hammerhead units, after surviving direct nuclear bombardment, to stand ground and be able to inflict multiple hits on my advancing tanks. I have also observed straggling units ending the scen with good and high morale after they have observed 90% of their brethren vaporized by nukes. In this regard I also fear the AI cheating or NATO is being given unrealistic morale values.

< Message edited by FlipTrac_511 -- 7/22/2006 5:08:45 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Limited staff rules/EW intensity...AI cheating? - 7/25/2006 2:26:09 AM   
FlipTrac_511

Any takers??? C'mon...

(in reply to FlipTrac_511)
Post #: 2
RE: Limited staff rules/EW intensity...AI cheating? - 7/25/2006 3:38:03 AM   
CapnDarwin

I'm checking with Rob, but I believe popping a nuke hampers all comunications and therefore orders totals. Not 100% on that. In reality everyone in the local area will eat the EMP of the ground burst. That will have an effect on coms. Plan and launch you assault before the lightshow goes off.

As for the moral and combat effectiveness of the units, that is a toss up. During that time frame both sides trained to fight the war using both chemical and nukes. To that end if a unit survived not getting directly hit or highly dosed, it will either break and run (away from the billowing mushroom cloud) or get very pissed and be looking to take as many bad guys out with them. I will look at the damage code when I get some time later this week to make sure something is not broken here too. High losses still should translate into units wanting to retreat if they see their shadows.

Back to FPC...

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to FlipTrac_511)
Post #: 3
RE: Limited staff rules/EW intensity...AI cheating? - 7/25/2006 4:16:11 AM   
FlipTrac_511

Thanks Cap'n.  I really do appreciate the one on one support around here.  I haven't enjoyed this kind of attention since SteelBeasts.

Anywho, please allow me to reiterate my issue with the limited orders.  Even if I don't pop nukes it seems the more I eat away at V Corps the less orders are made available to me.  It's happened time and again.  It feels like there are hidden triggers.  It's quite annoying because everytime I get to the point when I'm about to perform the coup-de-gras I get smacked with one order per turn allowing remnants of V Corps to break off and heroically charge after my rear-echelon units to gain points before I'm able to wipe them out.

The 'report' feature is still a vague function to me so please forgive my misunderstanding if in fact this is a factor in this matter. 

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Limited staff rules/EW intensity...AI cheating? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI