Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

TCP/IP Bug Report

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support >> TCP/IP Bug Report Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TCP/IP Bug Report - 7/30/2006 1:22:44 AM   
Chaosmaster

I have played a TCP/IP game with 2 friends and we found 2 main problems in the game.

The game runs well if you are the host, but the clients have some trouble.

The first thing is that the reinforcements in detailed combat(if avaiable) are invisible, they are only visible for the host, so the clients can´t fight them. The second problem is that the orders of the Diplomats can only be changed one time by clients and then nevermore.

We played with the ger Version 1.2.25

We will be glad if you are able to fix the problems soon.

< Message edited by Chaosmaster -- 7/30/2006 1:30:33 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: TCP/IP Bug Report - 8/1/2006 1:07:51 AM   
Wolfiehill

Chaos

This is a well known bug which hopefully will be fixed by patch 1.2.

For more on this go to the following threads:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1185349

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1164071

Have fun.

wolfie

(in reply to Chaosmaster)
Post #: 2
RE: TCP/IP Bug Report - 8/1/2006 11:35:02 PM   
ericbabe

These are the two biggest bugs we have yet to fix.  For the invisible units, I have programmed what I think is a solution, but it requires a bit more testing.  I believe this error was introduced in a previous patch, since we didn't see anything like this in beta testing but it's fairly easy to reproduce this problem in the recent versions.

I have spent several weeks on just the diplomat problem -- the difficulty is that I've been unable to reproduce this bug in either LAN or Internet tests.  Others have reported that their diplomats are working well, though some people are definitely having this problem.  I may end up just rewriting that section of code and hoping that the rewrite works better for everyone.

(in reply to Wolfiehill)
Post #: 3
RE: TCP/IP Bug Report - 8/4/2006 2:33:00 AM   
Russian Guard

Just to confirm - we are having the same issue with clients and diplomats. Once their order is assigned, it cannot be changed - it always reverts back to the first assigned task.

We have 5 players and it has applied to all of us regardless of who hosts.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 4
RE: TCP/IP Bug Report - 8/7/2006 7:26:47 AM   
Budgie

"These are the two biggest bugs we have yet to fix. - invisible units - diplomat problem "

- Ericbabe (edited partial quote)

These problems still persist.

However we are keeping the faith, and we are enjoying the new changes in the patch 1.2.2. 5 , which installed just fine on both machines and know if it is solveable, you will solve it.

Re: the invisible units problem. - the unit info is being sent from the host to the receiving computer. But the unit icons are not being shown except for a red outline. I can actually see the red outlines moving.

The invisible units can fire at me but I can't fire at them nor move into their hex position. My computer knows they are there!!! So a lot of information on these ghost units actually is being sent from the host to the receiving computer and processed . . . but not all. (Mainly the icon display information and the ability to interact with/on these ghost icons.

Questions are . .

What is different about re-inforcements,versus starting force units, that the re-enforcing units are not being displayed?

Why are only enemy re-inforcements, not being displayed but mine are?( <-not verified).

I Game I Saw I Conquered

"And though the Ferris wheel spins round
my tongue it seems has run aground
and croaks as my befuddled brain
shines on brightly, quite insane "
--Shine On --Shine On --
- Procol Harum

(in reply to Chaosmaster)
Post #: 5
RE: TCP/IP Bug Report - 8/7/2006 11:52:20 PM   
ericbabe

Yes, these problems were not resolved under 1.2.25.  I am close to resolving the reinforcement problem, but it needs further testing.  We decided not to delay the patch any longer just for the sake of this issue.

I'm planning to rewrite how diplomat orders are issued in the hopes that this will solve the problem as I am still unable to duplicate this issue in either my LAN or Internet games.

What is different about reinforcement units versus starting force units is that the former enter the game through the function BatEnterMap() whereas the latter enter the game through the function Do_HW_Reinforce_ServerCommand().

(in reply to Budgie)
Post #: 6
RE: TCP/IP Bug Report - 8/10/2006 2:47:42 AM   
Budgie

Thanks Eric for reply. I haven't messed with any code since basic and I mean basic basic (1983 or so) .

Long before Visual Basic came on the scene and heck Sir I don't even know what language the game is programmed in .

So . . . Keep up the good work.

The force be with you.

I Game I Saw I Conquered

"And though the Ferris wheel spins round
my tongue it seems has run aground
and croaks as my befuddled brain
shines on brightly, quite insane "
--Shine On --Shine On --
- Procol Harum

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 7
RE: TCP/IP Bug Report - 8/13/2006 8:53:18 AM   
Chaosmaster

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

Yes, these problems were not resolved under 1.2.25. I am close to resolving the reinforcement problem, but it needs further testing. We decided not to delay the patch any longer just for the sake of this issue.

I'm planning to rewrite how diplomat orders are issued in the hopes that this will solve the problem as I am still unable to duplicate this issue in either my LAN or Internet games.

What is different about reinforcement units versus starting force units is that the former enter the game through the function BatEnterMap() whereas the latter enter the game through the function Do_HW_Reinforce_ServerCommand().

That sounds good, thank you Eric.

By the way we found another bug, when a general dies in detailed battle the game crashes.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support >> TCP/IP Bug Report Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI