Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Vietnam

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Opponents Wanted >> Vietnam Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Vietnam - 8/31/2006 5:41:32 PM   
Anthropoid

Anyone interested in a Vietnam PBEM? Skimming through the posts, I don't see any about Vietnam.

I've done a number of PBEMs in other games, and have completed one in TOAWIII (The Next War 1979 vs. Okimaw with me as Soviets). I'm also currently engaged in the same scenario with another fellow me playing US. That one will likely wind down over the next couple weeks, so I'm putting out feelers for a prospective Vietnam PBEM, campaign, short scenario, whatever.

So far, I've played Boonie rats, and Vietnam 1965-68 vs PO both as US-ARVN. Boonie Rats seems rather heavily slanted in favor of the US-ARVN, so I'm not sure I want to try that as a PBEM. The other one is certainly no cake walk for US-ARVN, and not sure what a skilled human can do playing NVA-NLF. These are both rather long in duration, so perhaps a short one would be better to start?

I'd love to compare notes on the various Vietnam scenarios, and just see what other players think of them, even if you're not interested in a PBEM.
Post #: 1
RE: Vietnam - 9/1/2006 9:36:00 PM   
ogg

Sure

I will play a vietnam scenario. Pick one that you think is well ballanced (long or short).

I prefer to play the NVA.

yours
Ogg

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 2
RE: Vietnam - 9/2/2006 7:12:13 AM   
Anthropoid

Cool I sent you a note. Glad to hear you are keen for NVA, cause I am NOT! I know the US lost, but not sure if the scenarios I've played around with against the PO are much fun for the human to play as NVA. Maybe I'm just not patient enough and have passed judgement too soon, given that the longest I've played one yet is 15 turns as NVA in Vietnam 1965-68, and zero turns in Boonie Rats.

I've really only played two of them: Vietnam 1965-68, and Boonie Rats. Boonie seems more slanted in favor of the US/ARVN, so I'd say if you know what you're getting into (which maybe _I'M_ the one who doesn't know what he's getting in to!? ), lets try the larger map 180 turn one: "Vietnam 1965-68.

I sent you an email, so you'll have mine now. If you want to start one up, go ahead and fire up that first turn!

Oh, BTW, I'm patched to 3.0.0.17, so if you are not yet, you'll need to patch for us to be able to play.

(in reply to ogg)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Opponents Wanted >> Vietnam Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI