Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WITP editor x

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> RE: WITP editor x Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WITP editor x - 10/20/2006 6:03:36 AM   
Mifune

Keep up your good work. It is so appreciated.

Perennial Remedial Student of the Mike Solli School of Economics. One day I might graduate.

(in reply to BigJ62)
Post #: 61
RE: WITP editor x - 10/31/2006 3:27:49 PM   
R8J

Would it be possible to show what ships are assigned to a TF?

(in reply to BigJ62)
Post #: 62
RE: WITP editor x - 10/31/2006 5:14:45 PM   
BigJ62

quote:

ORIGINAL: R8J

Would it be possible to show what ships are assigned to a TF?

I assume you mean from the Locations view when a TF is selected the ships could be displayed in the lower list box. Yes I can do that.

Witp-AE
AeAi…AeAi …AeAi…Long live AeAi.

(in reply to R8J)
Post #: 63
RE: WITP editor x - 10/31/2006 5:19:44 PM   
Sardaukar

Great editor, must say again ! Keep up the good work !

(in reply to BigJ62)
Post #: 64
RE: WITP editor x - 10/31/2006 5:48:02 PM   
BigJ62

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

Great editor, must say again ! Keep up the good work !

Thanks, the main thing I'm working on right now is improving performance and taking some of the load off the cpu.

Witp-AE

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 65
RE: WITP editor x - 10/31/2006 5:50:06 PM   
Terminus

Is it loading the scenario file faster nowadays on startup? Seems like I see an improvement...

Keep up the fantastic work!

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to BigJ62)
Post #: 66
RE: WITP editor x - 10/31/2006 6:37:36 PM   
BigJ62

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Is it loading the scenario file faster nowadays on startup? Seems like I see an improvement...

Keep up the fantastic work!

Have not done anything with the load routine - yet. I am toying with the idea of reducing the number of views created and maintained for example always keep four views created and if you select a view that is not created simply create it then kill the oldest of the other four views, this would in effect reduce the cpu load which is mostly what I am concerned with. I have other ideas in mind so, I'm not real sure which way I'm going to go with this.

Thanks

Witp-AE

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 67
RE: WITP editor x - 11/1/2006 2:45:46 PM   
R8J

Yes sir.

This editor is awesome. I love the stats on the right and the reports.

(in reply to BigJ62)
Post #: 68
RE: WITP editor x - 11/1/2006 3:44:31 PM   
BigJ62

quote:

ORIGINAL: R8J

Yes sir.

This editor is awesome. I love the stats on the right and the reports.

Thanks, as posted above just a few more checks and I might have something else in store for the next update.

Witp-AE

(in reply to R8J)
Post #: 69
RE: WITP editor x - 11/3/2006 3:05:19 PM   
tanjman

BigJ62,

I use your editor for WitP and I really appriciate it. I was wondering if you have Uncommon Valor and were planning on doing an editor for it? I've always wished UV had a better editor. If you don't have it or can't do it, I understand.

Thanks again for your outstanding editor.

Gunner's Mate: A Boatswain's Mate with a hunting license.

(in reply to BigJ62)
Post #: 70
RE: WITP editor x - 11/3/2006 4:08:55 PM   
BigJ62

quote:

ORIGINAL: tanjman

BigJ62,

I use your editor for WitP and I really appriciate it. I was wondering if you have Uncommon Valor and were planning on doing an editor for it? I've always wished UV had a better editor. If you don't have it or can't do it, I understand.

Thanks again for your outstanding editor.

Thanks, I still have the game and might put back on when the patch v2.50 comes out. Unfortunately the file format is different, how much different I don't know as I don't have the headers but, even if I did my plates a little full with this editor. However I have been reading about the problems with the hex file so if I do reinstall I'll probably try and fix the hex file.

Thanks

Witp-AE

(in reply to tanjman)
Post #: 71
RE: WITP editor x - 11/3/2006 6:17:46 PM   
tanjman

BigJ62,

I understand about your plate being full. If you do find the time and the desire to do it, you might check with michaelm, he did a version of his witpload for UV - it works great but the game doesn't like it when I modify aircraft replacement rates and dates - I was hoping if you did create an editor I would be able to do this.

Thanks for your quick reply.

edited P.S. - If you do fix the pwhex file will you make it available for download?

< Message edited by tanjman -- 11/3/2006 6:20:46 PM >

Gunner's Mate: A Boatswain's Mate with a hunting license.

(in reply to BigJ62)
Post #: 72
RE: WITP editor x - 11/3/2006 7:07:25 PM   
BigJ62

quote:

ORIGINAL: tanjman

BigJ62,

I understand about your plate being full. If you do find the time and the desire to do it, you might check with michaelm, he did a version of his witpload for UV - it works great but the game doesn't like it when I modify aircraft replacement rates and dates - I was hoping if you did create an editor I would be able to do this.

Thanks for your quick reply.

edited P.S. - If you do fix the pwhex file will you make it available for download?

Not a problem.

Witp-AE

(in reply to tanjman)
Post #: 73
RE: WITP editor x - 11/3/2006 7:46:47 PM   
VSWG

This is such a fine utility! Thanks for all your work, keep it up! 

(in reply to BigJ62)
Post #: 74
RE: WITP editor x - 11/3/2006 10:59:17 PM   
BigJ62

quote:

ORIGINAL: VSWG

This is such a fine utility! Thanks for all your work, keep it up! 

Thanks, I've enjoyed doing it.

p.s. Good luck in the upcoming game should be a blast.

< Message edited by BigJ62 -- 11/3/2006 11:05:10 PM >

Witp-AE

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 75
RE: WITP editor x - 11/6/2006 2:55:40 PM   
Iron Duke

Hi,
I've a request for additional feature if at all possible
Would it be possible that when you are looking at a ship Class you have a list of ships assigned to that class?

Cheers

"Bombers outpacing fighters - you've got to bloody well laugh!" Australian Buffalo pilot - Singapore

(in reply to BigJ62)
Post #: 76
RE: WITP editor x - 11/6/2006 5:12:59 PM   
BigJ62

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iron Duke

Hi,
I've a request for additional feature if at all possible
Would it be possible that when you are looking at a ship Class you have a list of ships assigned to that class?

Cheers

While it is possible what I'm trying to do is reduce loading times for the views because of the new switch view mechanism I'm putting in. However, after I put this view switch in I'll know better about what's going on, with respect to load times. IOW if it doesn't slow it down too much I'll put it in else I could save it to a text file.

Witp-AE

(in reply to Iron Duke)
Post #: 77
RE: WITP editor x - 11/6/2006 5:36:43 PM   
Iron Duke

Hi,

Thanks for the reply

"Bombers outpacing fighters - you've got to bloody well laugh!" Australian Buffalo pilot - Singapore

(in reply to BigJ62)
Post #: 78
RE: WITP editor x - 11/6/2006 7:12:58 PM   
Monter_Trismegistos

Would it be possible that program had an option to check every location, ship and airgroup and cound how many each leader is used? It would be a nice tool to find free leaders. Also now when somebody mentioned, it would be a good idea to put results to txt file.

Nec Temere Nec Timide
Bez strachu ale z rozwagą

(in reply to Iron Duke)
Post #: 79
RE: WITP editor x - 11/6/2006 7:36:02 PM   
Mifune

"it would be a good idea to put results to txt file" or at least the option to put results into a text file

Perennial Remedial Student of the Mike Solli School of Economics. One day I might graduate.

(in reply to Monter_Trismegistos)
Post #: 80
RE: WITP editor x - 11/6/2006 8:15:08 PM   
BigJ62

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monter_Trismegistos

Would it be possible that program had an option to check every location, ship and airgroup and cound how many each leader is used? It would be a nice tool to find free leaders. Also now when somebody mentioned, it would be a good idea to put results to txt file.

I've already got this in my lastest version, not uploaded as yet. The list will be generated from the "Leaders" view under Tools->Validate Leaders. It list all excluded, unassigned and multi assigned leaders by nationality, id, name and type. The report will be saved in the editors directory under the name
"LeaderErrors_[scenario id].txt" or "LeaderEmptySlots_[scenario id].txt".

My error it's already in v0.9.6.5 on my web site. This routine takes a long time to complete.

< Message edited by BigJ62 -- 11/7/2006 6:57:41 AM >

Witp-AE

(in reply to Monter_Trismegistos)
Post #: 81
RE: WITP editor x - 11/6/2006 9:55:46 PM   
VSWG

I hope you're getting payed for this...

(in reply to BigJ62)
Post #: 82
RE: WITP editor x - 11/7/2006 2:23:07 AM   
BigJ62

quote:

ORIGINAL: VSWG

I hope you're getting payed for this...

I wished.

Witp-AE

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 83
RE: WITP editor x - 12/21/2006 9:40:05 PM   
Bliztk

Found a bug. If I change/add a sinking date for a ship, it automatically set the delay to that sinking date, thus invaliding the data....

Thanks for your awesome tool, BTW

(in reply to BigJ62)
Post #: 84
RE: WITP editor x - 12/22/2006 12:34:23 AM   
BigJ62

Yep, guess what function the sunk edit field is calling?

Thanks

Witp-AE

(in reply to Bliztk)
Post #: 85
RE: WITP editor x - 12/22/2006 1:30:31 AM   
BigJ62

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bliztk

Found a bug. If I change/add a sinking date for a ship, it automatically set the delay to that sinking date, thus invaliding the data....

Thanks for your awesome tool, BTW

Ok, fixed and uploaded plus a couple more fixes.

Later

Witp-AE

(in reply to Bliztk)
Post #: 86
WITP editor x and Win98 - 12/26/2006 6:36:51 AM   
Reg

quote:

From: http://bellsouthpwp.net/j/a/jamesa62/witp_editor.html

• Untested on Windows 98 or Windows ME, should work though.

Not good news on this front I'm afraid.

The program loads fine but when loading a scenario, I get 4 or 5 "Failed to open empty document" errors. The initial data window (View Devices) does open but the display area (with scroll bars which work) don't line up with the window borders. The Windows Start button menus are sometimes also blanked and Windows explorer is a bit flaky when this program is running. I looks like the Windows system functions are affected.

The following tabs work properly (within displayed area):
View Devices, View ship Classes, View Ships, View Aircraft, View Pilots. The bitmap pictures display OK.

Selecting the following tabs causes program to crash with Illegal Operation error:
View Air groups, View Scenario, View Groups (mostly), View Locations, View Leaders, View Pwhex.

I tried using another gdiplus.dll file from my .NET V1.1 directory but this made no difference. Stock and CHS scenarios were tried.

The same program (0.9.6.8) ran just fine under XP so I don't think the problem in your programming but in the operating system interface dll. Looks like this might be XP/2000 application only.

Attachment (1)

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to BigJ62)
Post #: 87
RE: WITP editor x and Win98 - 12/27/2006 2:56:08 AM   
BigJ62

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reg

quote:

From: http://bellsouthpwp.net/j/a/jamesa62/witp_editor.html

• Untested on Windows 98 or Windows ME, should work though.

Not good news on this front I'm afraid.

The program loads fine but when loading a scenario, I get 4 or 5 "Failed to open empty document" errors. The initial data window (View Devices) does open but the display area (with scroll bars which work) don't line up with the window borders. The Windows Start button menus are sometimes also blanked and Windows explorer is a bit flaky when this program is running. I looks like the Windows system functions are affected.

The following tabs work properly (within displayed area):
View Devices, View ship Classes, View Ships, View Aircraft, View Pilots. The bitmap pictures display OK.

Selecting the following tabs causes program to crash with Illegal Operation error:
View Air groups, View Scenario, View Groups (mostly), View Locations, View Leaders, View Pwhex.

I tried using another gdiplus.dll file from my .NET V1.1 directory but this made no difference. Stock and CHS scenarios were tried.

The same program (0.9.6.8) ran just fine under XP so I don't think the problem in your programming but in the operating system interface dll. Looks like this might be XP/2000 application only.

Ok, I just finished testing under Windows ME using Virtual PC 2004 sp1 and the program ran fine-no errors, except for the list view control in airgroups view(I'm testing a new way of updating the control). One major downside to Virtual PC is that it emulates really crappy hardware.

Under which OS did you test Editor X? How did you install said OS(single, multi boot or virtual)? Have you installed all the critical updates for this OS?

For what it's worth I'm not calling any OS functions specific to either XP or ME, the majority of my code is generic C++ using the C++ Standard Library.

Thanks,

Witp-AE

(in reply to Reg)
Post #: 88
RE: WITP editor x and Win98 - 12/28/2006 2:19:42 AM   
Reg

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigJ62

Ok, I just finished testing under Windows ME using Virtual PC 2004 sp1 and the program ran fine-no errors, except for the list view control in airgroups view(I'm testing a new way of updating the control). One major downside to Virtual PC is that it emulates really crappy hardware.

Under which OS did you test Editor X? How did you install said OS(single, multi boot or virtual)? Have you installed all the critical updates for this OS?

For what it's worth I'm not calling any OS functions specific to either XP or ME, the majority of my code is generic C++ using the C++ Standard Library.

Thanks,

Tested on Win98 SE (sorry, I should have said that), all updates installed before they stopped supporting it. I have a Red Hat Linux installation with a Grub boot manager but I don't think that is the issue.

I am sticking with Win98 as I don't think my hardware is up to XP. Unfortunately I have found that though everyone says their software is backwards compatible with older OS, they are getting further and further away and they really don't care much as this isn't exactly a growing market (I'm talking about system libraries/drivers here and a certain company that writes them). If your C++ package is an XP package (which Visual Studio .NET 2003 is) then I feel this may be a genuine possibility. If you are using an emulator to test older OS, you can't guarantee you are not using an underlying XP library routine somewhere.

I had a similar problem with nividia drivers for my video card. The latest drivers (which everyone tells you to upgrade to) supports the latest hardware very well but introduces subtle problems for the older cards. If you look in the support forums for UV from a couple of years ago, you will see issues with game icons not being displayed correctly. Fixed for me by reverting drivers which must have been interferring with DirectX.

If you can get Editor X to run properly on ME, that would be great as the post above wasn't meant as a complaint but some test data for your information. Personally I can use the kid's XP machine across a network connection but I'm sure someone out there will appreciate you efforts.

Thankyou for you efforts in making this a top program.

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to BigJ62)
Post #: 89
RE: WITP editor x and Win98 - 12/28/2006 3:13:14 PM   
Sardaukar

Hmm...runnin also on Win98SE and having no problems....  

(in reply to Reg)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> RE: WITP editor x Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI