Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Not Getting Neutral Supplies

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> Not Getting Neutral Supplies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Not Getting Neutral Supplies - 11/8/2006 3:28:22 AM   
BoerWar

I'm playing a TCP/IP game as the Germans and the supplies sent by Neutrals don't appear in my supply total. I get the note saying they were sent, but my totals don't increase. Anyone else seen this?
Post #: 1
RE: Not Getting Neutral Supplies - 11/8/2006 10:47:42 AM   
GKar

Are you sure? Perhaps these effects were offset by attacks that caused your units to consume supplies. You do have a working connection to the donors, right? (I think you wouldn't receive them without in the first place though.)

(in reply to BoerWar)
Post #: 2
RE: Not Getting Neutral Supplies - 11/8/2006 7:17:17 PM   
Joel Billings

Which player was the host?

(in reply to BoerWar)
Post #: 3
RE: Not Getting Neutral Supplies - 11/8/2006 11:03:46 PM   
BoerWar

quote:

Are you sure? Perhaps these effects were offset by attacks that caused your units to consume supplies. You do have a working connection to the donors, right? (I think you wouldn't receive them without in the first place though.)

I was playing both Japan and Germany. I checked the supply levels during the Japanese turn to confirm what I was noticing.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

Which player was the host?

My opponent was the host. He was playing WA, RU and CH. I was playing GE and JP. My opponent also noticed that his supply levels were much lower than we had experienced in hotseat game before.

We experienced another odd situation as well. When I took Western France the WA units in Eastern France disappeared as expected, but control of the area did not change over to the Germans. I moved a GE unit in to see if that would change it, but nothing happened. It let me start a battle and it went through the battle sequence as normal with an undefended province, but it still didn't change control. The host paused and unpaused the game and this caused control to change over, but we still continued to experience the same trouble with neutral supplies throughout.

Thx,
Boerwar

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 4
RE: Not Getting Neutral Supplies - 11/13/2006 5:42:34 PM   
kamikazininja

Bug has been added to our list and will be looked into.

(in reply to BoerWar)
Post #: 5
RE: Not Getting Neutral Supplies - 7/30/2007 3:57:14 AM   
mc2@uchicago.edu

Is there any new information about this bug? My friend and I are having exactly this problem in a TCP/IP game. We are both patched up to 1.011.

Anyone else out there playing over the internet? Or is everyone playing PBEM.

Mark

(in reply to kamikazininja)
Post #: 6
RE: Not Getting Neutral Supplies - 7/30/2007 8:11:47 AM   
WanderingHead

The network game bugs are extremely difficult for me to address, since it requires two computers to exercise it. I don't know much about the network play implementation, so I'm going to wait a bit and see if Joel has a comment on the old bug report before I think about this.

(in reply to mc2@uchicago.edu)
Post #: 7
RE: Not Getting Neutral Supplies - 7/30/2007 4:47:35 PM   
mc2@uchicago.edu

Hi All. Just to be a little more specific here is what my buddy and I figured out last night.

I was the host and he was the Germans in the Total war scenario. We were playing with basic supply rules. We played the first couple turns several times over, keeping track of the German supply points on paper and comparing with the in game tallies as they were spent and accumulated. We also played the same opening moves with the game in single player mode. In all cases the game displayed the message indicating that Northern and Southern Italy were sending supplies (30 and 10 respectively I believe) to Western Germany during the first turn. In the single player games these 40 supplies were correctly added to the German supply pool. But in all instances of the TCP/IP games the supplies never appeared in the German supply pool. In both the single and TCP/IP cases all other supply expenditures and additions seemed to add up properly.

Hope this helps in isolating the problem.

Mark

(in reply to WanderingHead)
Post #: 8
RE: Not Getting Neutral Supplies - 7/31/2007 9:55:29 PM   
Joel Billings

I have that bug listed as having been Verified fixed back in late 2006. We haven't worked on the TCP/IP since last year. It should have been in one of the patch versions that has come out since release. As with WaW, I think there are few people playing TCP/IP and that just about all multiplayer games are PBEM. At this point, unless Brian has an idea, we don't have a good way to fix this if there is no workaround (try having the host player be the German player if you haven't already as IIRC in testing the host player had less problems).

To be honest, if we had it to do over again we would not invest the 6+ months or so it took to get internet play into WaW after it's release (and the additional time for AWD). It was a case of us listening to a few people that complained about not having internet play despite our belief that the game wasn't really suitable for internet play (some of the player-turns are just too long). Based on how little discussion there has been, unfortunately we feel vindicated, but at great cost to us in other projects delayed. I realize this doesn't help you in your internet game and am very sorry it's not working for you. We really suggest you try PBEM as we know that works well, especially if the Axis host work around does not fix the internet problem. I think in general you are always safer having the Axis player be the host if you want to continue trying internet play. Good luck.

Post #: 9
RE: Not Getting Neutral Supplies - 7/31/2007 9:55:46 PM   
WanderingHead

I'll look over the code when I get a chance, but I'm not too optimistic.

thanks for the further details.

< Message edited by WanderingHead -- 7/31/2007 9:56:05 PM >

Post #: 10
RE: Not Getting Neutral Supplies - 8/5/2007 3:43:45 AM   
Lebatron

What I would do to simulate live play as closely as possible would be to use Skype(My preferred messenger program because it includes voice)and send game saves back and forth using that program. It only takes an additional minute of your time to receive and move to save folder. Using this method will give you a more bug free game. Sure, you will not be able to see your opponent move in realtime but there are ways around that. Try just describing your moves through your microphone, or better yet you could turn your webcam to face the monitor. Haven't tried it myself, but I'm sure you could get decent results doing that as long as you play AWD in windowed mode.

Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided

(in reply to WanderingHead)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> Not Getting Neutral Supplies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI