Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Where's Missouri? Show me!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/5/2006 5:35:36 AM   
jchastain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel
...Had the generator going to keep the bare necessities up and running... I did get the game like I was hoping so I could play it on my days off, but ended up losing the power.

Not sure what you consider "bare necessities", but clearly it isn't the same definition I would use.

I remember back in college. A friend forgot to pay his power bill and the electric company cut off his electricity. Without knowing this, I went to visit and found an extension cords stretched across the hall to a neighbor and him sitting at his computer - that was the only thing he bothered to power up.

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 31
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/5/2006 5:44:29 AM   
AU Tiger_MatrixForum

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: AU Tiger

Damn that looks like fun! I need to come up to visit! I'll bring my .58 Enfield....
And lots of powder and Minie's....

I'll let you drive the Ranger if I can fly the plane. Do come up. Just make sure you bring enough ammo for whatever your fancy. Or we can buy more. And don't forget your rod.

We have been without power for the last four days as a result of the freezing rain. It's been a certain kind of hell being holed up in the living room and no power. Had the generator going to keep the bare necessities up and running. Poor thing took a beating running non stop like it was.
The Lord works in mysterious ways. I did get the game like I was hoping so I could play it on my days off, but ended up losing the power. But I did get to spend some good family time together safe and dry. All things in perspective.

mo reb

I reckon you have had all "family time" you can handle!!! I just might take you up on that come spring if the offer is still open... What kind of rod?

AU

GO GATORS!!!

"Never take counsel of your fears."

Tho. Jackson

Post #: 32
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/5/2006 6:10:47 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

lol jchastain. Really. I must be nuts.

Sure thing AU. What type? Well we mostly bass fish and some crappie. When the sun goes down and the moon comes out is when the catfishing begins. That is if the hooch dont get you first.The lakes are fairly small (from around 7 acres to 60) but some decent sized fish. My one buddy managed to pull out a 10.4 lb bigmouth last year. I usually find the 1.5 to 3.5 lbs myself.The fish are smaller up here a little but a decent sized bass on an ultra-lite feels like Moby Dick. I like a spinner with a medium rod. Cotton candy lizards do the best for me, especially earlier. There are nicer places to go but here you can ride the 4-wheelers and bark at the moon if you like. The bigger weekends have honky-tonk bands in the community barn and plenty of horseshoes. Better bring your game though. The missus is a little thing but can smoke ALL my friends at shoes. Fine lady-sore winner.

mo reb

edit...yeah bring the the Enfield and whatever you want to shoot. If we run out of ammo, there is always more to buy.

< Message edited by Missouri_Rebel -- 12/5/2006 7:09:44 AM >

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to AU Tiger_MatrixForum)
Post #: 33
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/5/2006 7:30:00 AM   
AU Tiger_MatrixForum

quote:

lol jchastain. Really. I must be nuts.

Sure thing AU. What type? Well we mostly bass fish and some crappie. When the sun goes down and the moon comes out is when the catfishing begins. That is if the hooch dont get you first.The lakes are fairly small (from around 7 acres to 60) but some decent sized fish. My one buddy managed to pull out a 10.4 lb bigmouth last year. I usually find the 1.5 to 3.5 lbs myself.The fish are smaller up here a little but a decent sized bass on an ultra-lite feels like Moby Dick. I like a spinner with a medium rod. Cotton candy lizards do the best for me, especially earlier. There are nicer places to go but here you can ride the 4-wheelers and bark at the moon if you like. The bigger weekends have honky-tonk bands in the community barn and plenty of horseshoes. Better bring your game though. The missus is a little thing but can smoke ALL my friends at shoes. Fine lady-sore winner.

mo reb

edit...yeah bring the the Enfield and whatever you want to shoot. If we run out of ammo, there is always more to buy.

That sounds like what it was when I was a kid down in swamps of central Florida. Sounds like a good time I'll tell you. For the past twenty years or so I have been cityfied. Damn, I miss those days. Instead of Super-Buggy's or whatever you call that vehicle, we used to jump into canoes with our .22's and .410's, shoot turkeys, squirrels, crows, buzzards, and yes, (GASP!) gators. The Water Moccasins were the fun ones though. We would glide up on them while they were sunning on a Cypress Knee, and try to bash them with a paddle. I remember one time a friend tumped us over in the process. We and the Moccasin were all in the water together. I did my "Jesus" imitation that day. I don't think I even got wet!

You don't know what you have up there friend, but don't let go.

AU

Tho. Jackson

Post #: 34
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/7/2006 12:48:00 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

That's funny AU. Shootin them Water Moccasins. We have some but not TOO many. Damn ignorant snake if you ask me...and agressive too. My sister-in-law is an awesome shot. She earned her mark by shooting Moccasins down in Arkansas. Said it wasn't anything to shoot over a hundred in a day. What we have is a lot of Copperheads, although they don't really kill ya, just make you wish you were dead. And just a few Timber Rattlers from time to time. I used to go to St. Agustine years ago and did the whole tourist thing but never been inland too much. From what I hear about Florida is that you have to go north to go south. Them New Englanders love the weather I hear.

Mo Reb

**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

Post #: 35
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/7/2006 1:13:50 AM   
Mynok

quote:

Damn ignorant snake if you ask me...and agressive too.

Cause and effect, my friend, cause and effect.......

What part of Mo are you from? I ask because I am ironically descended from St Louis Germans/Scots and slave-holding Missouri Scots-Irish. Settled in Pike County from Kentucky. Not plantation folks, but there wasn't much of that up there, I understand. My bunch eventually went to Montana.

Post #: 36
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/7/2006 1:41:22 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

Ah Pike County...or Little Dixie. Here is a song about L. Dixie.

It's the heart of Missouri, blooded of three,
Virginia, Kentucky, and Tennessee.
It's a tall spare man on a blue-grass hoss.
It's sugar-cured ham without raisin sauce.
It's coon dog, coon, persimmon tree.
It's son or brother named Robert E. Lee.
It's tiger stalking a jay-hawk bird.
It's the best hog-calling that ever you heard.
It's fiddler fiddlin' you out of your seat,
Fiddler fiddlin' you off your feet.
It's bluebird singing in a hawthorn thicket.
It's vote to a man the Democratic ticket.
It's crisp brown cracklin's and hot corn pone.
It's catfish fried clean off the bone.
It's hominy grits and none of your scrapple.
It's mellow pawpaws and the Jonathan apple.
It's sorghum sweetenin' and belly-warming corn.
It's old Jeff Davis a-blowin' on his horn.
Unreconstructed it rares and bites
At touch of a rein that would curb its rights.
It's come in, stranger, draw up a chair;
There ain't no hurry and we'll all get there.

I'm from Iron county. Live in washington county now, near the jefferson county line. All are south of st.louis. I grew up near Taum Sauk Mountain in Goodland, right next to Mark Twain National Forest. I did live for a short time on the 'south side' of st.louis though.

mo reb

< Message edited by Missouri_Rebel -- 12/7/2006 1:54:56 AM >

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 37
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/7/2006 1:41:27 AM   
captskillet

Had my cousin deposit one (cotton mouth) in the boat with me one night frog giggin' on Caddo Lake..............beat a friggin boat paddle into splinters trying to get him and keep from running over my cousin who was in the water in waders with the gig!! the *$#^%*%&#& were flying !!!!!!!!!!!

"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

Post #: 38
RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! - 12/7/2006 8:40:47 AM   
AU Tiger_MatrixForum

I can hear them Yankees now: "Frog what? Cotton who? Caddo which? Moccasins...aren't those Indian shoes?"

Cap'n, I spent the last couple of Thanksgivings down in New Roads outside of Red Stick at my girlfriend's father's camp. I have NEVER eaten so much, or so well in my life! The only down side was that nobody appreciated my AU hat I insisted I wear.

Tho. Jackson

(in reply to captskillet)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> RE: Where's Missouri? Show me! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI