Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Static LCUs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> Static LCUs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Static LCUs - 12/3/2006 9:16:10 AM   
DerJimbo

I have only recently started working with the scenario editor and database editor (just downloaded v.6), and I can't figure out how to make an LCU "static". I've read the manual, but unless I missed something, it doesn't specifically address this point. How do you do this?

A related question: I've seen a scenario ("Big B's mod) where the Chinese units are designed to remain "static" unless attacked (and forced to retreat?), at which point they may move normally. How can this be done?
Post #: 1
RE: Static LCUs - 12/3/2006 10:31:33 AM   
wdolson

The only way I know to make a unit static is to place a device in it that has a weight of 9999. Some coastal guns weigh 9999. The Chinese units that are static in CHS have at least one fortification in their equipment. If they are forced to retreat, they will destroy the fortification before leaving. Same thing with coastal defence units with heavy guns.

Bill

(in reply to DerJimbo)
Post #: 2
RE: Static LCUs - 12/3/2006 1:07:40 PM   
el cid again

There is a better way - but it is not always ideal.

IF you classify the unit as a coastal defense artillery unit and use the suffex fort it is static - even if it has no static devices.

IF you assign any device with a load cost of 9999, it becomes static. BUT IF that device dies - the unit is NO LONGER static! Also - until 1.804 - those 9999 report as "people" in reports. And whatever the real crew of the static device may be - you cannot ever get it into the people report.

RHS is now assigning actual device values to all devices (save the single "static facility squad" = CHS "fortification" or static device) - either weight in tons or crew size.

The feature of static squads that die making the unit mobile is deliberately used with guerillas in RHS. These units may become mobile and retreat under attack - and they will then move for a while - but later they will "plant" and become static again.

(in reply to DerJimbo)
Post #: 3
RE: Static LCUs - 12/3/2006 4:24:56 PM   
DerJimbo

Thanks for the answers; they helped a lot.

(in reply to DerJimbo)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> Static LCUs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI