Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> After Action Reports >> RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 1:22:12 AM   
jonreb31

6th Turn

Events 1/3

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/7/2006 1:31:49 AM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 61
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 1:24:22 AM   
jonreb31

Events 2/3

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/7/2006 1:33:29 AM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 62
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 1:25:11 AM   
jonreb31

Events 3/3

Destroyed Supplies, Finally got my two barracks, and right off the bat I've been hit hard by disease, smack middle of the ANV. I had it coming, I've been able to miraculously avoid disease all winter until now. I'll also increase their supply level.

I've lost about 2200 men to disease and quite a lot of disposition. If there wasn't a hospital here it would of probably been worse. I'll leave the ANV where it is to heal it's wounds.

On the plus side Britian sent me 72 training technology (!!) and has increased back up to 3. I've also grabbed 70 weapons with the Blockade Runners.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/7/2006 1:39:20 AM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 63
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 1:44:49 AM   
jonreb31

Military-wise things remain pretty much the same. However, that division at Ohio River has apparently moved so it is wide open! Jackson and Ewell were unable to move last turn so they are still stuck in Virginia.

Once I get Jackson in position I'll immediately get him over to the Ohio river to take back that city and cause as much harm as possible.

The Garrison reinforcements arrived along with my mustered brigade so Mephis is now more secure with approx 9k more men. Another Garrison on the way.

The enemy strength has changed a little.

Missouri has been reinforced to approx 25,000 men.

Illinois is now at approx 20,000 men.

Kentucky is now at approx 60,000 men.

I'm not totally certain whether to believe these numbers or not but it's all I have.

In the east the Potomac now has approx 132,000 men. Also 32,000 men in Annapolis.

My raider has just been trained so I'm sending him over to get a better estimate.

Lastly my navy is still the same as before. My runners are out gathering more Iron.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 64
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 1:58:59 AM   
jonreb31

Ok, now to some bad news. I made a stupid mistake of spending up ALL of my Iron on RR stations last turn forgetting they require Iron. So now I can't begin construction of a Ironclad A pain in the ass, really.

I improved the production choices for the city's a little otherwise it's pretty much the same. I'm also going to leave diplomacy as it is.

Since I've gotten two barracks I've begun construction of an Army Container in Richmond. This will be used for the Army of Tennessee.

In Mobile I've started construction of a new Camp to increase my reinforcements rate.

Finally in Richmond I'm going to build a mine to increase my Iron production.

I need the labor so I'm going to Impress 40 labor from Galveston as well.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/7/2006 2:11:34 AM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 65
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 2:01:16 AM   
genie144

I don't have the game, but the telephone pole was discussed in another thread.  I believe the 2x reinforcements refers to the number of soldiers called from neighboring provinces in the event of a battle.  Not the number of "replacements" sent from camps...

Sam

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 66
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 2:04:49 AM   
jonreb31

quote:

ORIGINAL: genie144

I don't have the game, but the telephone pole was discussed in another thread. I believe the 2x reinforcements refers to the number of soldiers called from neighboring provinces in the event of a battle. Not the number of "replacements" sent from camps...

Sam

Yeah I just realized that so I'm stopping that and starting a Mine in Richmond. Thanks. :)

(in reply to genie144)
Post #: 67
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 2:08:56 AM   
jonreb31

That's pretty much the end of the turn.

I have a choice for an upgrade!

I'm going with Target Practice. This should give me an advantage in pretty much all battles since it is improving the damage of my Infantry.

I go with Garnett for the 2 Star Promotion. He's one of my division commanders in the ANV.

And finally for this turn I set my raiders to steal weapons this turn.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 68
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 2:11:33 AM   
jonreb31

By the way I forgot to post the screen of my new ANV OOB.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 69
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 1:27:04 PM   
jonreb31

7th Turn

Events 1/2

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 70
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 1:27:21 PM   
jonreb31

Events 2/2

My Impressment fails apparently. I really think I'm going to cut down on those. -10 each time is too much to lose for the governors'.

My weapon stealing was successful but it wasn't that much, only 7 guns.

I also finished up a Mine and Mint, this should give me a slight boost in income. My Laboratory is also finished so my logistics research should go faster.

I also got a few more generals who I think I'll send westward.

For Diplomacy it went back down to 2 for England, but they sent me 72 naval technology!! This turn I should be able to pick a naval upgrade.

My Blockade Runners also did a great job and got me 100 Iron. I can now start production of a new Ironclad. I'm going to send the runners out to try and grab some more Iron for the next Ironclad.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/7/2006 1:42:34 PM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 71
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 1:42:23 PM   
jonreb31

The situation:

He is sending division after division as you can see on the overview map. Ewell and Jackson STILL haven't moved a nudge which is growing irritating. The weather has died down so they better do it next turn.

Once again the number reports are becoming unreliable.. Missouri now says 150,000 men. I'm going to go ahead and assume there are 20-25,000 men.

Illinois still has 30,000 men but they seem to be split up into two forces now.

Kentucky still has about 60,000 men, division of approx 15,000 men was left at West Ohio River.

Then of course we have about 2 more divisions out there with unknown strength or intentions. One of them is probably Winston from East Ohio River which should still be at 15,000 men.

I really need Ewell to get down there faster and Jackson to take advantage of Ohio. The weather has died down and it's pretty much the end of Winter so next turn hopefully.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/7/2006 1:51:59 PM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 72
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 1:51:45 PM   
jonreb31

In the east my raiders have got some reports. The Army of Potomac has been split up. 60,000 men in Washington, 60,000 men in Annapolis, and 30,000 men in Delaware. There's nothing I can exploit but I'll keep observing.

Also I haven't been able to find the enemy fleet anywhere. They are no where along my coast as far as I can see. It's a bit worrisome, I don't want them anywhere near New Orleans.

Since most of my fleet was destroyed because of being ambushed there's really nothing I can do right now. However, I've just learned that my fleet wasn't entirely destroyed and that when they are by a port they slowly replenish their numbers. They are almost done, next turn I'll my bring down my Ironclad in Richmond to join up with them.

I'm going to leave Lee where he is for now so he can continue to raise his Disposition level which was hurt badly last turn by disease. Once again Jackson is making the attempt to make it to Ohio. I have his men on Force march, there is no risk involved in this because there are no enemies there.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/7/2006 4:01:54 PM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 73
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 2:04:03 PM   
jonreb31

My economy isn't at it's best because I've put my units back into supply. Since it's just about the end of Winter it's always possible I will be attacked. Being attacked with no proper supply would be more damaging then receiving a few extra coins.

I had to switch production in a few cities to make up for the lack of gold. I would lower my diplomacy spendings but it's working out for me and I really want to keep raising my diplomacy level.

I have begun production of my Ironclad in New Orleans so let's hope I can get it out into open waters in the near future. I'm planning to build another one in Norfolk soon.

Just the Ironclad has brought down all my stockpile so there is nothing to build this turn. However I have just enough for a barracks. Georgia is requesting a barracks so I'm going to build one in Savannah. There's another barracks here so when I have two I'll have another place to build Corps Containers.

Finally I have plenty of guns so I've upgraded the whole 11th division, who has still yet to arrive under Ewell, with Richmond Rifles. These are some of the best guns at this time, exception of the Enfield and Lorenz rifles.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/7/2006 2:14:17 PM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 74
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 2:12:34 PM   
jonreb31

Now to end the turn. I have an upgrade chance for my Navy. I'm going to go with Submarine Experiments which looks quite promising.

For another 2 star promotion I'm going to promote Beauregard. He's one of my good division commanders in the AOT (Army of Tennessee).

I set my raiders to attack the Economy. One strange thing is that for the last 3 turns only one raider has been given options .. I thought it was because I was moving them around but all of my raiders are in their positions in the vicinity of an enemy force. Strange.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/7/2006 3:39:17 PM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 75
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 7:22:11 PM   
ess1

Good reading. Thanks for your efforts

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 76
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 7:25:30 PM   
jonreb31

Glad to see people are liking it.

(in reply to ess1)
Post #: 77
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 7:45:24 PM   
genie144

Get back to playing so we can kep reading...  This is very enjoyable...  It is presenting me with an interesting point of view of priorities at the beginning of the game...  Still want to see one done to the end of the game.  Gil and Jchastain are letting me down, hopefully you guys won't :)

SAM

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 78
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 7:48:47 PM   
jonreb31

Still waiting for ShootMe to finish up his turn. Hopefully we can keep getting up about 2-3 turns every day at this rate.

(in reply to genie144)
Post #: 79
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 8:02:21 PM   
jonreb31

Turn 8

Events 1/2

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/7/2006 8:10:47 PM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 80
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 8:10:40 PM   
jonreb31

Events 2/2

Just finished my Camp which has started giving me an extra 500 reinforcements this turn. I'm now receiving 3,000 reinforcements every turn. My Factory is also finished so I will have a slight increase in labor income.

Lucky!! Disease hit a small garrison out in the middle of Louisiana so that's nothing to worry about.

Looks like my diplomacy went down again. The Union must be spending quite a lot on diplomacy. I'm going to leave my current expenditure, no need to increase it and I can handle myself without lowering it. Other Europeans also sent me 20 gold so this is great news.

Joseph is happy I started construction on that barracks, I hope he does something in return, just like the wonderful Charles of New Jersey is now helping with my engineering even though he's not in the CSA!

Joseph Brown really is a pain, just like in real life. He has a %15 penalty on my French diplomacy and is considered a firm adversary.

Strangely enough the Governor of Missouri wants me to send 13 brigades there? He is also a member of the Union, maybe he would join me if I did as he asked?

Lastly I picked up quite a lot of Iron this turn so I'll be ready to begin construction of my second Ironclad next turn. I've sent my runners off to pick up some money which will be extremely useful.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/7/2006 9:42:57 PM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 81
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 8:17:26 PM   
jonreb31

I'll start with some big news. The Union has it's fleet coming down a long my coast with 30,000 men!!

This is very distressing. Where are they sending them? How am I going to counter it?

My navy is still beat up. I'm going to send my Ironclad to join up with my fleet in Savannah to see if I can do something about this. I have no idea what is in this enemy fleet, but I'm pretty sure it has their Ironclad involved.

I have no idea where they are going to hit so I'm going to try and muster up some units and watch what they do. I don't expect to win in the naval fight so I'm going to avoid it, but we'll see what happens.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 82
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 8:19:16 PM   
jonreb31

For the west:

Ewell has finally arrived and reinforced the Army of Tennessee. I'm hoping the Union didn't notice so I can surprise them if they try anything. The AOT is now at 65,000 men.

Next I've sent Early's division from Mephis to take care of this Brigade watching over me in the Central Miss. River. I'll quickly take it out then move them back to Mephis trying to avoid battle.

The last of my Garrison reinforcements have come up and now all my forts near Mephis are up to at least 6k men. Overall, 29,000 men.

Missouri still has Union occupancy with 25,000 to 40,000 men. Forget it Governor, I'm not going on the offensive quite yet.

Illinois has approx 40,000 men, but they are greatly divided with two divisions still further north.

Kentucky has approx 53,000 men. I'm assuming it's around 50,000 to 60,000 men which is manageable.

My forces in the west is now boosted up to approx 90,000 men. It's more efficient but may not be enough.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/7/2006 8:37:23 PM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 83
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 8:36:31 PM   
jonreb31

For the east.

I'm moving the ANV back up the Fredericksburg. Not only is this a better position, I have just learned that hospitals use the railroads and that the hospital coverage is actually HIGHER in Fredericksburg than anywhere else! It doesn't matter that much anymore because my Disposition is back to normal, oh well.

The Army of the Potomac has moved away from the river. What does this mean? I'm a bit more cautious with moving Jackson now because he may try to completely destroy him. I don't like this. I'm moving Jackson back to the Shenandoah. It's not worth the risk of an entire Corps and one of my best generals.

A smaller annoyance is my raiders in the Potomac has disappeared. There was no event of him dying so I don't know what is up with that.

Overall I have about 84,000 men in the East. It should be enough. The Union army should be at about 120,000+ I assume. It's almost twice my size but I still doubt he will try any offensive.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/7/2006 8:45:09 PM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 84
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 8:42:14 PM   
jonreb31

And an overview

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 85
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 8:48:53 PM   
jonreb31

Now I want to skip the economy expenses for now and go straight to upgrading my forces. I really fear something brewing out in the west so I'm going to upgrade the weapons of my AOT.

Now EVERY single brigade has at least a Minie rifle. Most of my higher quality units have Enfields and Lorenz.

That's all for this turn, I'm just taking precautions.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 86
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 9:01:02 PM   
jonreb31

Now for the economy. I REALLY need more money income so I had to turn down my diplomacy a, unfortunately.

I need more production spaces for Richmond so I'm building a plantation. This will not only get me more building spaces, it will increase my income +2 for Money, Labor and Horses. It's going to take awhile to build though, 12 turns.

Next I'm going to build a Mint in Wilmington to help out my money income.

Because of these 30,000 men hobbling down the river I need something to counter them. I'm going to start mustering some units. Two Brigade attempts. This method of recruitment is very dangerous so I don't want to do it excessively. It's almost spring so hopefully the population gaps will fill up.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/7/2006 9:44:10 PM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 87
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 9:06:19 PM   
jonreb31

A quick look at the research. I've almost got enough for another training upgrade, engineering upgrade and Weaponry just a little behind, so this is good.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/7/2006 9:18:57 PM >

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 88
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 9:08:54 PM   
jonreb31

And that's about it for this turn. Things are getting very tense.

I went with Branch for another 2 star promotion. He's one of my pretty good division commanders for the AOT.

Also since I could use a few more guns I've set my raiders to steal weapons.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 89
RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! - 12/7/2006 9:58:42 PM   
jonreb31

Turn 9

Events 1/2

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> After Action Reports >> RE: JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA): Glory of the South! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI