Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What is your favorite WWII tank?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/18/2007 11:37:25 PM   
Rune Iversen

quote:

ORIGINAL: hawker

Do you actually see these ethnic clean?

Not personally, no. I was still in basic back then.

quote:

Do you know what is that?

Yes.

quote:

Do you being here?

I didn´t manage to get a place in SFOR back when it was REALLY interesting, so no. I heard a thing or two though....

Ignoring the wulfir
Fighting the EUnuchs from within

(in reply to hawker)
Post #: 571
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/18/2007 11:41:24 PM   
hawker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rune Iversen

quote:

Do you actually see these ethnic clean?

Not personally, no. I was still in basic back then.

quote:

Do you know what is that?

Yes.

quote:

Do you being here?

I didn´t manage to get a place in SFOR back when it was REALLY interesting, so no. I heard a thing or two though....

And what you heard?
And where?

Fortess fortuna iuvat

(in reply to Rune Iversen)
Post #: 572
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 1:18:20 AM   
Honda

OMG
I had a similar thing happen to me. The "block user" button does wonders.

(in reply to hawker)
Post #: 573
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 1:19:02 AM   
Rune Iversen

quote:

And what you heard?
And where?

I heard that yelling "Nema Diesela" while pointing your weapon is a good way to discourage any Croat looters. As for where, you might be able to suss it out if I tell you that it involved weapons and was very active in the Balkans during the 90s

Ignoring the wulfir

(in reply to hawker)
Post #: 574
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 1:31:09 AM   
hawker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Honda

OMG
I had a similar thing happen to me. The "block user" button does wonders.

Good point Honda,from now this Danish idiot is banned forever.
He is just a little fascist and frustrated man.

Fortess fortuna iuvat

(in reply to Honda)
Post #: 575
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 1:37:33 AM   
Rune Iversen

quote:

Ignoring the wulfir

(in reply to hawker)
Post #: 576
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 1:39:25 AM   
.50Kerry

quote:

quote:

says the guy with that sigpic and glorifying uncle Joe....

Anchors aweigh!

Post #: 577
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 1:40:07 AM   
Honda

Hehehe, I think we're expected to do a joke about hairy women or some such thing. We mustn't dissapoint the audience now, can we
(and now observe the wonders of the little green button)

(in reply to hawker)
Post #: 578
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 1:47:46 AM   
hawker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Honda

Hehehe, I think we're expected to do a joke about hairy women or some such thing. We mustn't dissapoint the audience now, can we
(and now observe the wonders of the little green button)

Yes,this button is magnificent.
Two morons less now,idiot Kerry and fascist Rune.

Fortess fortuna iuvat

(in reply to Honda)
Post #: 579
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 1:50:45 AM   
.50Kerry

quote:

Hey Hawker you never got around to explaining why the "BEST EVAH EVAH!" failed so horridly against Israel.....

I am sure it has something to do with the magic design needing URAL power or something....

for an idiot I sure do have a better grasp of logic and history than you geniuses....

Anchors aweigh!

(in reply to hawker)
Post #: 580
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 1:52:02 AM   
Rune Iversen

quote:

"Fascist"

An "odd" choise given your predilictions in sigline material.......

Ignoring the wulfir

(in reply to hawker)
Post #: 581
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 1:54:47 AM   
.50Kerry

quote:

"Fascist"

An "odd" choise given your predilictions in sigline material.......

well a confused fella....he is in love with both the main totalitarian houses of the war, which is understandable given what went down....some day I will have to take a better plumb of the nations who managed to be on all sides of the conflict all at once....

Anchors aweigh!

Post #: 582
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 2:32:45 AM   
Twotribes

Terminus routinely insults other posters, orders them to shut up, demands threads be locked AFTER he has laid a pile of crap in it ( obviously hoping no replies can get in before he gets it closed) Resorts to personal insults as his opening post in a lot of threads, almost never has any FACTS to back up any of his opinions and tries to pretend he somehow has a say in who can and can not post at Matrix.

As for insults Rune is at the bottom of the list in regards those compared to several people here calling him names. He routinely uses logic and more importantly FACTS, backed up by more than one source.

There are 2 posters in this last 2 pages that are a problem for other posters and it isnt Rune nor is it Sven.

Terminus WANTS the thread locked so he continues to freely defy the moderators and Admins. All in the hopes he gets what he wants. And two others have followed suit by creating from whole cloth an arguement that has no basis in fact. Accuseing Rune of ANYTHING and ignoring Terminus is perfect proof of the standard certain people have. Terminus is free to bad mouth, name call, insult and tell people to "blank" off and his two supporters are busy complaining that someone had the AUDACITY to reply.

If you REALLY want to be taken seriously I suggest you not be so openly onesided.

As for Rune and Sven, umm how long have you three been posting again? I suggest that those two have been here a LOT longer than you three. Claiming they just showed up is a hoot, or that they are not welcome is a laugh.

(in reply to .50Kerry)
Post #: 583
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 4:20:37 AM   
Ursa MAior

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes
He routinely uses logic and more importantly FACTS, backed up by more than one source.

And spices the above up with insults. Then stirs it together until even he does not know where the whole thing started.

I cant tell you enough times that respecting the other even in a heated discussion brings rich dividents. Not respecting equals arrogance and arrogance means defeat.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 584
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 4:35:58 AM   
.50Kerry

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ursa MAior

And spices the above up with insults. Then stirs it together until even he does not know where the whole thing started.

Quite the contrary I am fairly certain Rune and I are both aware where "it started" and am also quite certain that neither Rune nor I initiated the level of bile and hostility leveled at us. Seems having a different set of criteria for "best" means he, I, and others are 'idiots".

quote:

I cant tell you enough times that respecting the other even in a heated discussion brings rich dividents. Not respecting equals arrogance and arrogance means defeat.

Mater Yoda is it more arrogant to make your points using logic, cites, and history or just yelling "best EVAH BEST EVAH!" as though that is in itself a rebutt...?

You'll notice that "evah" doesn't have an answer as to what happened in the Arab-Israeli war?
quote:

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."

I'll have to go grab a few fortune cookies and a dimestore faux Feng-Shui book to put the above in context. I am certain you feel that you and Terminus are fufilling that imitation Jedi pap, I am betting some others are having quite the bout of titters over your view.

regards,
sven

Anchors aweigh!

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 585
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 5:01:06 AM   
Ursa MAior

quote:

ORIGINAL: .50Kerry
Quite the contrary I am fairly certain Rune and I are both aware where "it started" and am also quite certain that neither Rune nor I initiated the level of bile and hostility leveled at us. Seems having a different set of criteria for "best" means he, I, and others are 'idiots".

Well it is 3.50 AM here and I am lazy to dig up your 'We can be arrogant we have a scoreboard message' but this does not fit into what you imply above along with rune's first comment to my post starting with you are a nazi. You get back -bile and stuff- what you, Doggie and co started spitting. As of best the thread is called favorite.
IMHO if a weapon system makes the enemy scared beyond rational it is THE BEST since it has achived its purpose without even appearing on the battlefield see tank shock in WWI.

quote:

Mater Yoda is it more arrogant to make your points using logic, cites, and history or just yelling "best EVAH BEST EVAH!" as though that is in itself a rebutt...?

No it is arrogant to state I can be arrogant, and attacking someone in person (Go and cleanse some serbs). "Funnier tho later admitting he does not really have a clue whta was it all about.

quote:

I'll have to go grab a few fortune cookies and a dimestore faux Feng-Shui book to put the above in context. I am certain you feel that you and Terminus are fufilling that imitation Jedi pap, I am betting some others are having quite the bout of titters over your view.

I can be more direct and see I can post an opposing opinion without insulting your country (altough according to Doggie stating the the US is not No 1 in all areas is an INSULT in itself).

So just like my signature says if you dont respect your enemy you cannot really conquer him.

< Message edited by Ursa MAior -- 2/19/2007 5:16:09 AM >

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to .50Kerry)
Post #: 586
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 5:49:18 AM   
Doggie

Gee, I aint even here for the last fifteen pages or so and Baby Bear still can't get over me.

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 587
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 6:09:52 AM   
Ursa MAior

No I cant Puppy. You are the simplest thinking man I have ever met in my whole life so you stand out as the worst imaginable experience. Even in other sites' forums I mention you as how NOT to defend something. While even mdiehl has his merits by researching to support -even his very biased view-, you simply """"argue"""" with insults and hatred.

You know criticism does not equal hatred. Are you critical sometimes towards your children or family members or friends or colleagues or partners etc.? Or do you love them with a whatever you do you are my baby even if you burn the house on me type of monkey love?

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Doggie)
Post #: 588
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 6:26:37 AM   
Splinterhead

quote:

No I cant Puppy. You are the simplest thinking man I have ever met in my whole life so you stand out as the worst imaginable experience. Even in other sites' forums I mention you as how NOT to defend something. While even mdiehl has his merits by researching to support -even his very biased view-, you simply """"argue"""" with insults and hatred.

Well, I'm confused. You critisize Doggie because he has no facts, yet you refute Sven, Rune, and mdiehl's factual arguments by emotional arguments, ie "the enemy had an irrational fear of such and such a weapon system so it is therefore the best."

Having said that, I do agree with your opinion that the panther was not a technilogical dead end but I also agree with Sven's view that it could only occur in some fantasy (nightmare) universe in which the Nazi's somehow won the war.

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 589
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 7:32:14 AM   
Ursa MAior

quote:

ORIGINAL: Splinterhead
Well, I'm confused. You critisize Doggie because he has no facts, yet you refute Sven, Rune, and mdiehl's factual arguments by emotional arguments, ie "the enemy had an irrational fear of such and such a weapon system so it is therefore the best."

Could be my bad english. It was my mistake to mix the weapons in.
What I wanted to say that Rune, mdiehl and co, mix their arguments with insults while Doggie does not even bother with arguments. Hope that clears.

quote:

Sven's view that it could only occur in some fantasy (nightmare) universe in which the Nazi's somehow won the war.

Dear Gawd! Where did I even hinted that I was NOT happy with the fall of the nazis?

1. Nazism is an extremism as comunism and I HATE both.
2. Hitler hated the hungarians, so it could have been EVEN worse for us than communism. Not that it could have been SIGNIFICANTLY worse, but human evil is limitless.

< Message edited by Ursa MAior -- 2/19/2007 7:46:08 AM >

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Splinterhead)
Post #: 590
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 11:08:03 AM   
Kevin E. Duguay

Dear sirs, madams,

I thought this thread was about "your favorite WWII tank".

Now it has turned into a stupid argument with no value!!

Why?

Lack of knowledge of WWII armored warfare????

The Tiger I still RULES!!!!!

< Message edited by Kevin E. Duguay -- 2/19/2007 11:24:38 AM >

KED

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 591
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 1:55:35 PM   
Rune Iversen

quote:

Too much honour sir

quote:

Practice what you preach then.....

quote:

He only employs his passion who can make no use of his reason.
Cicero

Ignoring the wulfir

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 592
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 2:10:19 PM   
Rune Iversen

quote:

IMHO if a weapon system makes the enemy scared beyond rational it is THE BEST since it has achived its purpose without even appearing on the battlefield see tank shock in WWI.

http://www.inexistentia.net/nuke.jpg

quote:

Funnier tho later admitting he does not really have a clue whta was it all about.

quote:

So just like my signature says if you dont respect your enemy you cannot really conquer him.

Ignoring the wulfir

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 593
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 2:11:21 PM   
Twotribes

When one openly derides only one side of a heated arguement as being the worst ev er and completely gives a pass to the instigator and other side, I have no choice but to call into question the claim and the logic of the arguement. There are two people in this thread that have through out spewed vile and personal insults AND then claimed each other as the agrieved party.

The very idea that Rune and Sven are worse than Terminus is ludicrouis on its face. Terminus STARTS his postings in threads demanding people shut up, go away, quit posting and/or calling them names and using personal insults. His entire "logic" is that if he tries hard enough he can get a thread locked by being the bigges "ass" in the thread. It is simply amazeing how Terminus gets a pass while any response of those attacked is then labeled as the "problem" poster.

Post #: 594
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 2:12:38 PM   
Rune Iversen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

It is simply amazeing how Terminus gets a pass while any response of those attacked is then labeled as the "problem" poster.

He is on the developing team of a few of the games here. That might explain it

Ignoring the wulfir

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 595
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 2:17:35 PM   
Terminus

Read my signature properly, you blithering IMBECILE! I'm a beta tester, not a developer...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

Post #: 596
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 2:20:05 PM   
Rune Iversen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Read my signature properly, you blithering IMBECILE! I'm a beta tester, not a developer...

Temper, temper.....

Ignoring the wulfir

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 597
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 2:27:34 PM   
.50Kerry

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Temper, temper.....

silly Rune "Imbecile" is a term of endearment where he comes from....

remember we are the flamethrowing monsters not poor, poor terminal....

Anchors aweigh!

Post #: 598
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 2:31:09 PM   
Rune Iversen

quote:

ORIGINAL: .50Kerry

silly Rune "Imbecile" is a term of endearment where he comes from....

remember we are the flamethrowing monsters not poor, poor terminal....

Well

"That´s different...."

Ignoring the wulfir

(in reply to .50Kerry)
Post #: 599
RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? - 2/19/2007 2:38:51 PM   
Rune Iversen

ALL ABOARD!!!!!!!!!!

Ignoring the wulfir

Post #: 600
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What is your favorite WWII tank? Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI