Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Motion pictures in game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Motion pictures in game? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Motion pictures in game? - 1/14/2007 6:29:40 AM   
Chaylaton

Hey all, I have only played 3 WiF board games but love it Unfortunately, I can't get my current group of board gamers to commit to a game of it But I have told all of them muliple times about this game since I happened to look up WiF on a random search to see if such an incredible game had been computerized. I live in Cincinnnati Ohio, if any one is interested that lives kinda of close and maybe try to get a game in while we wait for Steve's masterpiece. Now for the point of the thread. Will there be cut screen shots for possible key events such as marching into Paris or the fall of Berlin. The reason why I ask is I'm a WW2 junky and I dig seeing footage from that era...ie I could watch the History Channel for hours straight. Thing I'm thinking of would be quick things like the Wonder movies from Sid Meiers Civ2, a wonderful game btw. It could be a cool option for when playing the computer and you could turn them off if you didn't want them or when playing multiplayer. Steve or Beta folks what do you think.

Chaylaton

ps Or maybe that the start of a year so maybe the young not fanatical WW2 fans can see the pace of the true war and maybe base where that in their game vs history.

2112 greatest rock song ever?

I say "Rush Rules"

There are only four Gods from Canada: Alex, Geddy, Neil and Wayne:)
Post #: 1
RE: Motion pictures in game? - 1/14/2007 6:38:18 AM   
Chaylaton

btw sorry Shannon's masterpiece oops

Chaylaton

2112 greatest rock song ever?

I say "Rush Rules"

There are only four Gods from Canada: Alex, Geddy, Neil and Wayne:)

(in reply to Chaylaton)
Post #: 2
RE: Motion pictures in game? - 1/14/2007 7:26:53 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

I have talked to David Heath about video for MWIF and we're planning on including some, in the places you mentioned. We've decided on a format for it and I only need to let Dave know what pieces I want to include (and how long it should run). There won't be a lot, maybe a couple of dozen.

BTW, Shannon V. O'Keets is an anagram.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Chaylaton)
Post #: 3
RE: Motion pictures in game? - 1/17/2007 2:45:30 AM   
Manack

Hank's stone oven.
Tanks shove none
As one vents Honk!

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 4
RE: Motion pictures in game? - 1/17/2007 6:51:50 AM   
Manic Inertia

Movie shots? Yea !!

I hope there'll be one for a British surrender .. isn't there some footage of Prince Edward giving a nazi salute somewhere? I'm sure there's plenty of clips that could be 'doctored' to illustrate an ahistorical event .. what about Mussolini on a horse (for his entry into Cairo), for example, or Stalin's funeral edited across a happy General Vlassov for a successful Barbarossa? Footage of Dunkirk could be used for a retreat to Belfast, and the movie shots of the ceremony on Lunaberg Heath in May '45 could easily be massaged into looking like an anglo-american capitulation .. Monty was a scruffy, slouching bastard by comparison with those wooden looking Wehrmacht mannikins..

(in reply to Manack)
Post #: 5
RE: Motion pictures in game? - 1/17/2007 6:53:23 AM   
Manic Inertia

I'm on a role .. maybe there could be a unique movie clip for each Objective city?

(in reply to Manic Inertia)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Motion pictures in game? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI