Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Get a Sneak Peek of the Upcoming Forge of Freedom Update!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> RE: Get a Sneak Peek of the Upcoming Forge of Freedom Update! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Get a Sneak Peek of the Upcoming Forge of Freedom U... - 2/21/2007 4:13:21 PM   
elmo3

In the screenshot above the Knoxville battle results look curious. The rebs outnumbered the bluebellies about 40-1 yet each side suffered roughly the same casualties. Some details of why that happened would be helpful when reporting the results.

Edit - screenshot is on page 2

< Message edited by elmo3 -- 2/21/2007 4:28:29 PM >

(in reply to ABridgeTooFar)
Post #: 61
RE: Get a Sneak Peek of the Upcoming Forge of Freedom U... - 2/21/2007 4:32:45 PM   
Erik Rutins

First, as always, note that any previews are from a beta which is still being tested. That looks like a reporting error to me - I would guess that it missed a major reinforcement group when listing the total forces for the report or something similar. Based on the casualties, there were obviously far more forces involved.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 62
RE: Get a Sneak Peek of the Upcoming Forge of Freedom U... - 2/21/2007 4:57:14 PM   
elmo3

Thanks Erik. It did look like some kind of error which is why I mentioned it.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 63
RE: Get a Sneak Peek of the Upcoming Forge of Freedom U... - 2/21/2007 7:52:01 PM   
Gil R.

That Knoxville battle was fought at QC, so I can't provide details. But what's happening in the "Southern Steel" scenario is that the Union has so much money and resources that it can give virtually every brigade one or more brigade attributes, so my CSA guys, who had superior quality and generals, were up against some very deadly troops. My guys kept rallying and continuing the fight, and caused a lot of damage to the enemy, but ultimately they all broke. So the similar casualty figures are a testament to the overall (lowercase-q) quality of the CSA army.

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 64
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> RE: Get a Sneak Peek of the Upcoming Forge of Freedom Update! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI