Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Consumers: Call to "Arms"!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support >> RE: Consumers: Call to "Arms"! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Consumers: Call to "Arms"! - 3/5/2007 8:25:00 AM   
Waffen_88

Well I have to say I simply disagree with some of the comments here. I've been writing multiplayer games since 1982 and it isn't rocket science to make these things work with routers or play well with firewalls. Most other games on the market are able to handle this.

Am I angry? No. I am disappointed though. I had hoped to see the developers upgrade the multiplayer code to deal with the problems which have been known since day one.

Will it work? Probably. But most gamers don't want to have to rewire their house or spend 6 hours getting it to go. I myself spent a day getting it to work (upgrading to Win XP to get MMCCIII working, then playing with my router settings, then contacting my ISP and changing my service) and I actually do this stuff for a living. I've never had a problem connecting with any game OTHER than CC3 and I play a lot of them. I can't imagine any of my more casual gaming buddies standing for this.

To say that this game doesn't have problems or that it not working is the fault of the users is disingenuous and untrue. To say that you didn't have time to upgrade this code to today's standard is fine. Make sure users know they will not be able to run MMCCIII if they're running Win 2000. Make sure users know that some people will not be able to play this due to their ISP or network topology. Charge $20 for what is essentially a 10 year old game repackaged with 3rd party addons and some upgrades and is not guaranteed to work instead of $40 and claiming this is a rewrite.

I'm not going to ask for my money back. I just hope they use it to improve this in ways that make it playable for more than the 15 die hard gamers who are willing to put the time in.

(in reply to Beeblebrox)
Post #: 31
RE: Consumers: Call to "Arms"! - 3/26/2007 7:04:04 PM   
Bluntman420

I have also just purchased this game and it is in bad shape. Nothing works on it right. I made a mistake when I bought this.

(in reply to himmelstoss)
Post #: 32
RE: Consumers: Call to "Arms"! - 3/26/2007 7:18:49 PM   
vonB

I have also read this post and it is in bad shape.  Nothing sensible to work on.  I made a mistake when I read this.

Do you mean nothing works on it right, or did you have anything specific to mention?  It could be that my sarcasm is misplaced?

(in reply to Bluntman420)
Post #: 33
RE: Consumers: Call to "Arms"! - 3/26/2007 7:43:13 PM   
Pford

Frankly, the multiplayer element was what attracted me to COI in the first place. But I'm having fun with it sans mp anyway; I discovered a beguiling time waster. Though I expect CC6, when it sees the light of day, to be bullet-proof in this domain.

< Message edited by Pford -- 3/26/2007 7:45:22 PM >

(in reply to vonB)
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support >> RE: Consumers: Call to "Arms"! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI