Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Error won't let me play game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Error won't let me play game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error won't let me play game - 2/25/2007 12:41:33 AM   
Mad Cow

The game boots up and I get this error the first time I tried to play.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Program:...ixGames/FoF/Forge of Freedom.exe
File: C/Projects/ACWPlato/Source/Fastgraf.cpp
Line: 49
Expression: hvb!=-2

Any help would be great. I want to play this game pretty bad.

Post #: 1
RE: Error won't let me play game - 2/25/2007 6:21:12 AM   
Gil R.

I'm not the tech guy, so I'm not much use, but since Eric hasn't signed on since you posted this I figured I should ask the insultingly obvious question: have you installed the first patch? Also, do you have at least 1GB of RAM?

(in reply to Mad Cow)
Post #: 2
RE: Error won't let me play game - 2/25/2007 5:02:50 PM   
ericbabe

That's an out-of-memory error that's happening during the allocation of graphics.  If you have 1GB and are running in full-animation mode, try shutting down other applications/processes that might be using memory or maybe try expanding the size of your virtual memory cache.  Otherwise you might try running the game in low-animation mode: see the ReadMe file for details on how to set low-animation mode.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 3
RE: Error won't let me play game - 3/20/2007 4:49:05 PM   
Font de Llop

I'm in the same problem.
I have 512M of RAM and I know is better 1GB, but the requeriments give the chance to play in low mode with 512.

How can I play in low-animation mode if to do it I need the file forgeoffreedom.ini, and this only appears after the first start of the game?
Is a vicious circle --> I need the file but I can't run the game to generate the file!!

Probably isn't a great problem as soon as I'll buy a RAM of 1GB, I'll do it early for other questions. But... anyone can give an explain? Thanks

L'ecòleg té accés a moltes font, dades i projeccions. Tot i això, les seves eines més importants són els èssers humans. Només cultivant la cultura ecològica entre el poble podrà salvar tot un planeta.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 4
RE: Error won't let me play game - 3/20/2007 10:30:05 PM   
ericbabe

We have fixed this vicious circle problem for V1.9.4, which is in public beta right now.  On our test machine, the full graphic version would load even with only 512MB -- though we had to have all other large applications disabled -- so in testing this "vicious circle" wasn't a problem.  I'd recommend trying 1.9.4; it should solve this problem.

(in reply to Font de Llop)
Post #: 5
RE: Error won't let me play game - 3/21/2007 10:58:45 AM   
Font de Llop

Ok, thanks.
Downloading then...

L'ecòleg té accés a moltes font, dades i projeccions. Tot i això, les seves eines més importants són els èssers humans. Només cultivant la cultura ecològica entre el poble podrà salvar tot un planeta.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 6
RE: Error won't let me play game - 3/21/2007 2:32:52 PM   
XLegion

I have been able to narrow down a little bit what may be happening. I discovered that my game "Punic Wars" by HPS is also not loading up. Same sympton as Forge of Freedom.

What could be wrong? I haven nearly 10 other games on my system and they work just fine. Including games with far greater complex graphics like "Rome: Total War". These play just fine.

What could be wrong with Forge of Freedom?

(in reply to Mad Cow)
Post #: 7
RE: Error won't let me play game - 3/21/2007 9:54:24 PM   
Erik Rutins

XLegion,

Please keep your reports to one thread in the public beta forum, which is the version you are running. We are trying to help you and piggy-backing your comments onto unrelated threads and starting multiple threads is making it harder for us. Thanks.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to XLegion)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Error won't let me play game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI