Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MMCCIII modability?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> MMCCIII modability? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MMCCIII modability? - 2/25/2007 5:52:57 PM   
namzo6

Hey guys,

Three quick questions regarding MMCCIII SINGLE player.Was wondering if one can preset difficulty level before starting the single player camp?
And during the single player camp,does it progress through the entire war as far as years go?

And finally,can I use any mods for MMCCIII single player?For instance,Real Infantry?
Or are mods only used for offline and H2H?

Thanks and take care,
Namzo6
Post #: 1
RE: MMCCIII modability? - 2/25/2007 6:10:48 PM   
Beeblebrox

If you take a look in the \Program Files\Close Combat\Close Combat III\Server Folder, you should find a document called "MakeCampaign.doc".

All the informatiion you need about creating (and therefore modifying) a Campaign should be there.

You *can* use Mods with MMCCIII, but check the MakeCampaign.doc for issues relating, as there are issues.

In due course, we intend to host Modded Campaigns for MMCCIII as soon as practicable.

(in reply to namzo6)
Post #: 2
RE: MMCCIII modability? - 2/25/2007 6:16:28 PM   
KWP

quote:

ORIGINAL: namzo6

Hey guys,

Three quick questions regarding MMCCIII SINGLE player.Was wondering if one can preset difficulty level before starting the single player camp?

From the MakeCampaign.doc in the server folder:
g) Now you need to start the scenario you created to get a saved campaign. "Play a game". Select "Custom Scenario". "Change Settings" - this is important! These settings will last entire campaign! Make sure that difficulty is "Veteran". Everything else set as you see fit. Double click MMCC3Start. You must save it as CC3Start.

I don't know if this a hard rule or if you can use a different setting. You could experiment.

quote:

And during the single player camp,does it progress through the entire war as far as years go?

The current single player does but I would suggest reading through the MakeCampaign in the server. It describes how to setup your own single player server.

quote:

And finally,can I use any mods for MMCCIII single player?For instance,Real Infantry?
Or are mods only used for offline and H2H?

You will need to create new AIGETeam.txt, AIRUTeam.tx, HGETeam.txt and HRUTeam.txt files.

I strongly recommend that you back up the stock Server and MMCC3 folders and all of their files before making any changes.

< Message edited by KWP -- 2/25/2007 6:32:24 PM >

(in reply to namzo6)
Post #: 3
RE: MMCCIII modability? - 2/25/2007 6:35:51 PM   
namzo6

Thanks y'all,

That was a quick response,I'll give 'er a shot as soon as I finish getting my kids shoveling the snow.
Catcha later

(in reply to KWP)
Post #: 4
RE: MMCCIII modability? - 2/25/2007 7:43:46 PM   
namzo6

Alright,After installing the real infantry mod,I'm getting the same MMCCIII  teams that I had before.
Having said that,I've been playing CC for years and using mods and downloading maps(I probably have all the custom maps in one folder on my computer,man that took a lot of time.Hats off to those that thought up the map packs).

When I connect to the single player server,I get the message "Do not use any mods or patches".I was really hoping to use the infantry mod here,is this a no-go?

(in reply to namzo6)
Post #: 5
RE: MMCCIII modability? - 2/25/2007 7:47:08 PM   
KWP

You will need to create new AIGETeam.txt, AIRUTeam.tx, HGETeam.txt and HRUTeam.txt files.

These files will need to be based on the real infantry files.

(in reply to namzo6)
Post #: 6
RE: MMCCIII modability? - 2/25/2007 8:02:18 PM   
namzo6

Hey KWP,Thanks for the reply.I checked into the make camp. doc.and I gotta tell you that's WAY over my head.
I can install maps and mods with no prob.,however what you suggested is for me a giant leap forward.If I could do all that,I would be making and posting my own mods.That's way too complex for me.For you all that can,glad you're on our side.After an hour or two of jagging around with that,I'd probably put my head through my monitor,lol.

(in reply to KWP)
Post #: 7
RE: MMCCIII modability? - 2/25/2007 8:37:15 PM   
KWP

These team.txt file are nothing more than copies of the GETeams.txt and RUTeam.txt files renamed to AIGETeam.txt, AIRUTeam.tx, HGETeam.txt and HRUTeam.txt. You will have to do this with the Real-Infantry team files.

Now if you want to give the AI a better chance you will need to use Excel to change the rarity of any team that has a rarity value > 1 to a 7. If you don't do this odds are that the AI will run out of units until a seasonal change occurs.

psssst.......
Don't tell Senior Drill, but if you don't have Excel, Q-Clone should be able to handle the rarity change process for you.

(in reply to namzo6)
Post #: 8
RE: MMCCIII modability? - 2/25/2007 9:00:09 PM   
namzo6

thanx,I'll give it a try sometime,like one of those days off when I get up at 5am with a pot of coffee and nothing to do.

(in reply to KWP)
Post #: 9
RE: MMCCIII modability? - 2/25/2007 9:33:08 PM   
Beeblebrox

Don't give up namzo6!  Like just about anything, it's not so difficult when you know how , and in fact can be quite easy!  What is often the most burdensome is just that... many hours of gruntwork...

(in reply to namzo6)
Post #: 10
RE: MMCCIII modability? - 2/25/2007 9:44:39 PM   
namzo6

thanx for responding all.ya know after having played all the mods all these years "offline",figured I'd try online for a change.I got the MMCCIII single player server going which I might add is quite cool.I had tried that earlier before COI,but couldn't figure out the isp/port for the life of me.Now I see the light.

(in reply to Beeblebrox)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> MMCCIII modability? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI