Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Demo

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Demo Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Demo - 3/6/2007 4:16:29 PM   
Font de Llop

There is any demo of this game?
This looks fine but I want to play before buy it...... too € for a mistake!
Thanks

L'ecòleg té accés a moltes font, dades i projeccions. Tot i això, les seves eines més importants són els èssers humans. Només cultivant la cultura ecològica entre el poble podrà salvar tot un planeta.
Post #: 1
RE: Demo - 3/6/2007 5:12:24 PM   
Dasara II

I do not know if there is a demo, but I can not think that a demo would do this game justice.

This has to be the best ACW game I have played both on the strategic level and at the tactical level.

If you are even remotely interested in strategy games, this is a must buy

(in reply to Font de Llop)
Post #: 2
RE: Demo - 3/6/2007 5:48:21 PM   
Font de Llop

Yes, I've seen this mix of strategic and tactical level... it's wonderful. It's a great point! In the strategic games I always search a good mix of those.

I don't see anywhere a demo, but I hope the people can give me some light.
Maybe I'll buy it, I have to think... the Turtledove's books turns me like crazy for play the ACW

L'ecòleg té accés a moltes font, dades i projeccions. Tot i això, les seves eines més importants són els èssers humans. Només cultivant la cultura ecològica entre el poble podrà salvar tot un planeta.

(in reply to Dasara II)
Post #: 3
RE: Demo - 3/6/2007 6:47:14 PM   
Gil R.

I'm sorry, there's no demo. If you want an idea of the game, read the AAR's posted at the top of the main forum page to see what the strategic game is like, and inside the AAR's sub-forum read Hard Sarge's descriptions of tactical battles. Not the same as a demo, but certainly informative.

Post #: 4
RE: Demo - 3/6/2007 10:05:07 PM   
adamcs

I have to say this is more than a game only. I wrote my dissertation on the South in the Civil War but that's close to nothing what these people here in the forum and the project itself are giving me here. Even if it sounds slightly exaggerated. So if you are really interested in this era you must buy this game. If not you are going to be.
And of course,as a game, the best I have ever played with ( I am a very fussy person about tactical games). Forget the demo and just look at the number of people and threads in the forum. Speaks for itself.
Read over: After Action Reports/JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA):Glory of the South!

Post #: 5
RE: Demo - 3/6/2007 10:09:45 PM   
adamcs

yes, and Hard Sarge's description is even better

Post #: 6
RE: Demo - 3/8/2007 12:32:26 PM   
Font de Llop

Well, well, I read the ARR in a record time... and the most probable is that I'll buy the game.
I hope the "trainer level" (I don't kown how say it ) will be useful.

Thanks guys

(in reply to adamcs)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Demo Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI