Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gary Grigsby

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Gary Grigsby Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gary Grigsby - 3/12/2007 6:08:00 PM   

I'd just like to tip my hat to Gary and complement him for his excellent work. I'm really enjoying this game, and have enjoyed his games for years. In fact, I didn't even have to read any reviews about WaW to know it was a kickass game, because it came from Gary :) I've been playing War in Russia for years and years now, since I'm 12, plus some of his other games, like Carriers at War. Simply a first-class wargame designer, second-to-none.

I never seem to see him on the board, but if Joel could give him a pat on the back for me, that'd be dandy :).

Sry for this patronizing thread!
Post #: 1
RE: Gary Grigsby - 3/12/2007 6:11:55 PM   
Maurym

I concur

(in reply to Avatar47)
Post #: 2
RE: Gary Grigsby - 3/13/2007 4:39:47 PM   
dobeln

Aye, as sycophantic as it may sound, GGWaWAWD tops the list of "best games ever". No, really. And I've played quite a few over the years. 

(in reply to Maurym)
Post #: 3
RE: Gary Grigsby - 3/14/2007 3:23:46 AM   
06 Maestro

I've only had one game by G. G.; BTR. I played the hell out of it for over a year-the man does turn out a good product. Perhaps I should give WAW a try.

(in reply to dobeln)
Post #: 4
RE: Gary Grigsby - 3/14/2007 8:00:50 AM   
christian brown

Strangely enough, I think this game engine is so goood it could and SHOULD be used to simulate other conflicts. GG rules.

"Those who would give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
~ Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 5
RE: Gary Grigsby - 3/14/2007 1:23:16 PM   
dobeln

"I've only had one game by G. G.; BTR. I played the hell out of it for over a year-the man does turn out a good product. Perhaps I should give WAW a try."

If you like grand-scale strategy, PBEM, have a megalomanic streak, and dislike moving huge numbers of units (I.e. company-level Barbarossa campaigns, etc.), then this is quite possibly the closest to Gaming Nirvana you will ever get. Until the next GG game, of course ;)

(in reply to christian brown)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Gary Grigsby Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI