Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Status on strikeout bug?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Status on strikeout bug? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Status on strikeout bug? - 3/21/2007 3:22:17 PM   
jaywigley

I've not seen any mention lately of the high strikeout bug, where strikeout totals spiral incredibly high during a season when the in-season ratings changes are enabled. Has this issue been fixed in the CE versions of the game?
Post #: 1
RE: Status on strikeout bug? - 3/22/2007 1:13:36 AM   
KG Erwin

Jay, I believe that the in-season ratings changes have been scrapped for now. I frankly don't think many players favored it (I definitely don't).

The incremental one-or-two point increases/decreases are just too difficult to keep track of, and created too many anomalies (like the "strikeout bug"). It's not worth the headaches, IMHO.

(in reply to jaywigley)
Post #: 2
RE: Status on strikeout bug? - 3/22/2007 3:39:44 AM   
DonBraswell

I think it's still in CE. When I upgraded to CE it asked me if I wanted in season rating changes.
Don

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 3
RE: Status on strikeout bug? - 3/22/2007 10:53:16 AM   
akcranker

Yea I've been using the in-season rating changes with CE.. I didn't know there was any bugs with it.. can someone elaborate on this please?

And just to point out that Shaun doesn't do this full-time anymore so I would say be patient with him fixing stuff because I know he checks in from time to time but I know he's doing his real job and spending more time with his family which is cool with me.

(in reply to DonBraswell)
Post #: 4
RE: Status on strikeout bug? - 3/22/2007 8:02:58 PM   
jaywigley

By NO means am I complaining. . .I know and understand that "real world" concerns take priority over Shaun fixing the game. I was asking only because I saw it in the 1.51 release and have since upgraded to the CE version but wasn't sure if I could turn back on the in-season ability changes.

I will leave it disabled unless Shaun posts here that it's fixed.

The bug manifests as follows: with in-season talent and ability changes enabled, strikeout ability will begin to spiral out of control on some (most? all?) pitchers, leading to an impossibly large number of strikeouts in a given season. For example, the top ten strikeout seasons from my 1966-1980 (so far) replay league was over 800 strikeouts in a single season for #1, "down" to about 600 for the #10 place. The league starts out "normal" (I use the default XML at all times) but after a few seasons (again, ONLY with the in-season ability changes enabled) some pitchers become strikeout machines, striking out over 30 batters per game at times.

< Message edited by jaywigley -- 3/22/2007 8:03:53 PM >

(in reply to jaywigley)
Post #: 5
RE: Status on strikeout bug? - 3/23/2007 12:16:12 AM   
KG Erwin

Oops, my apologies. I had set up my association in December '06 and had thought that Shaun had taken the in-season changes OUT subsequently. Had I bothered to try out a new setup which CE I would've known that the option is still there.

(in reply to jaywigley)
Post #: 6
RE: Status on strikeout bug? - 3/23/2007 11:20:45 AM   
akcranker

quote:

ORIGINAL: jaywigley

By NO means am I complaining. . .I know and understand that "real world" concerns take priority over Shaun fixing the game. I was asking only because I saw it in the 1.51 release and have since upgraded to the CE version but wasn't sure if I could turn back on the in-season ability changes.

I will leave it disabled unless Shaun posts here that it's fixed.

The bug manifests as follows: with in-season talent and ability changes enabled, strikeout ability will begin to spiral out of control on some (most? all?) pitchers, leading to an impossibly large number of strikeouts in a given season. For example, the top ten strikeout seasons from my 1966-1980 (so far) replay league was over 800 strikeouts in a single season for #1, "down" to about 600 for the #10 place. The league starts out "normal" (I use the default XML at all times) but after a few seasons (again, ONLY with the in-season ability changes enabled) some pitchers become strikeout machines, striking out over 30 batters per game at times.

Oh I wasn't saying you were complaining just figured you might be new around here and didn't know that Shaun doesn't do this full-time.. just wanted to let you know that.

(in reply to jaywigley)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Status on strikeout bug? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI