Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Black Powder Wars

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Black Powder Wars Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 5:00:54 PM   
Oleg Mastruko

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monkeys Brain
Nothing else. Where is Oleg, we need another troublemaker here. LOLZ

I am here, and am actually gasping for air - I am so shocked that you actually managed to quote other people's posts correctly couple times in this thread

(in reply to Monkeys Brain)
Post #: 31
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 6:03:48 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

quote:

ORIGINAL: sterckxe

quote:

quote:

And BTW. if Matrix Games admins wants to BAN me just go ahead do it. But I will say whatever I want and whenever I want. If you ban me even better.

Are you sort of into SM stuff or so, or why do you constantly ask for punishment ?

Since you're always reading & answering his posts one could wonder who's into SM ...

Uh ... oh .... I just realized something

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

I had lunch break

My excuse is that they let me choose between "bring peace on earth" and "talk some sense into Mario" - and you know me, I always pick the tougher assignment

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 32
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 6:50:07 PM   
Monkeys Brain

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And BTW. if Matrix Games admins wants to BAN me just go ahead do it. But I will say whatever I want and whenever I want. If you ban me even better.

Are you sort of into SM stuff or so, or why do you constantly ask for punishment ?

Since you're always reading & answering his posts one could wonder who's into SM ...

Uh ... oh .... I just realized something

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

I had lunch break

My excuse is that they let me choose between "bring peace on earth" and "talk some sense into Mario" - and you know me, I always pick the tougher assignment

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

LOLZ Another funny thread

And like in all best movies happy end (if someone not spoil it)

Mario

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 33
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 8:21:58 PM   
freeboy

Why is this still open? ok, it is so here is my nickels worth, inflation and all.. sorry for the odd idiomatic Americanism there..
So one cannot compare BF pricing and MAtrix pricing. MAtrix is a publisher and developer, to an extent, trying to both get great games out and make a profit, every company needstoo or close, yes?
BF? Some good products but really cannot compare the two.

Complane about rehashed products all you want, but MANY matrix rehashes, such as TOAW3 is FANTASTIC, much much better than its prediccessors and well worth Twice the 40.00 charges. Comes with an editor, active senior wargame editing community, actively being patched and rewritten and added too.. why, it is a great game.. Is TOW? maybe, maybe not... combat missions where good to a point, the last limited your builds greatly.. and many are suspicious of the BF verification ideas.

You are stating facts and then using those to reach conclusions, your conlusions are YOURS.. that are not bad or good, just subjective.
I think some games are garbage, some are good and some really hit new highs. Why do we have these choices? PROFIT MARGINS! take them away and we could all go back to chess, game on!

< Message edited by freeboy -- 3/29/2007 8:22:38 PM >

Post #: 34
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/30/2007 12:16:03 AM   
ravinhood

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

In other words BPW:BoN is vaporware....yay I knew it. Another game bites the dust.

You are just so predictable ....

Lol like Matrixgames isn't? hahahaha

Post #: 35
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/30/2007 12:46:02 AM   
cdbeck

I love the Evil Dead Movies... Bruce Campbell is a god. Anyway, they made a "Necronomicon" Edition of the original Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2, added a few "director's cut" things, and bound it in a "realistic" flesh-like Book of the Dead DVD case. The publisher charged around $30-40 when it first came out, despite the fact that another "remastered" edition of the movie was on the shelves for about $9-15 (without the "director's cut" stuff). Do you know why Monkey Boy? Because it is a "cult classic," niche market item. Did some people buy it for that price? Heck yes they did (I did not, but really wanted to)! The publisher knew that it would not sell tons of copies (because the market for said good was very small, limited to those people that really love Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, or Army of Darkness). You got one movie, in a nasty case, for $30-50. One movie...

As you have been told before, Wargames are a niche market. The arguement that "lowering the prices will bring you more sales and make you richer in the long run," is strictly wrong. If there are 100 people in the world who want to buy CC:CoI, and you sell it for $50, then undoubtably, 40 of them will buy it. 40 * $50 = $2000. Say you lowered the price to $25 in order to get "more sales." You would have to sell 30 more copies to that limited 100 person market (meaning you would have to sell to 80 out of 100 people) to make the same $2000. That means twice as much marketing, twice as much effort, and twice as much support. If you have a luxury product that you think you can sell to 80% of the available market, I do wish you would let me know what it is... because it sure ain't wargames... and I could make tons of money...

Maybe capitalism is new in your part of the world?

Edit: Oh, I did forget to mention... for Ravinhood's sake. These two Necronomicon editions of Evil Dead 1 and Evil Dead 2 are now, after several years, packaged together for $60 (making them 30 each). So they never did reach "bargain bin" prices... drat! I kept waiting and waiting, but that day has yet to come.

SoM

< Message edited by Son_of_Montfort -- 3/30/2007 12:51:04 AM >

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet!"
(Kill them all. God will know his own.)

-- Arnaud-Armaury, the Albigensian Crusade

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 36
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/30/2007 3:13:54 AM   
Monkeys Brain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Son_of_Montfort

I love the Evil Dead Movies... Bruce Campbell is a god. Anyway, they made a "Necronomicon" Edition of the original Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2, added a few "director's cut" things, and bound it in a "realistic" flesh-like Book of the Dead DVD case. The publisher charged around $30-40 when it first came out, despite the fact that another "remastered" edition of the movie was on the shelves for about $9-15 (without the "director's cut" stuff). Do you know why Monkey Boy? Because it is a "cult classic," niche market item. Did some people buy it for that price? Heck yes they did (I did not, but really wanted to)! The publisher knew that it would not sell tons of copies (because the market for said good was very small, limited to those people that really love Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, or Army of Darkness). You got one movie, in a nasty case, for $30-50. One movie...

As you have been told before, Wargames are a niche market. The arguement that "lowering the prices will bring you more sales and make you richer in the long run," is strictly wrong. If there are 100 people in the world who want to buy CC:CoI, and you sell it for $50, then undoubtably, 40 of them will buy it. 40 * $50 = $2000. Say you lowered the price to $25 in order to get "more sales." You would have to sell 30 more copies to that limited 100 person market (meaning you would have to sell to 80 out of 100 people) to make the same $2000. That means twice as much marketing, twice as much effort, and twice as much support. If you have a luxury product that you think you can sell to 80% of the available market, I do wish you would let me know what it is... because it sure ain't wargames... and I could make tons of money...

Maybe capitalism is new in your part of the world?

Edit: Oh, I did forget to mention... for Ravinhood's sake. These two Necronomicon editions of Evil Dead 1 and Evil Dead 2 are now, after several years, packaged together for $60 (making them 30 each). So they never did reach "bargain bin" prices... drat! I kept waiting and waiting, but that day has yet to come.

SoM

Revenge of teenage mutant Ninja Matrix Turtles fanboys came a bit of late then I have actually expected

(in reply to cdbeck)
Post #: 37
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/30/2007 3:29:06 AM   
cdbeck

I didn't understand a word you just said.

Nor did I even mention Matrix in my post, wargames are a niche market for Battlefront, Matrix, and they were a niche market when Microsoft published the original Close Combat series.

I could treat you like this was the World of Warcraft forum and say...

QQ more newb... L2P

Thank god this isn't the WoW forum...

SoM

Post #: 38
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/30/2007 11:50:19 AM   
Monkeys Brain

quote:

I didn't understand a word you just said.

Nor did I even mention Matrix in my post, wargames are a niche market for Battlefront, Matrix, and they were a niche market when Microsoft published the original Close Combat series.

I could treat you like this was the World of Warcraft forum and say...

QQ more newb... L2P

Thank god this isn't the WoW forum...

SoM

I am playing wargames since 1985. so I guess that I am not an newbie. This topic has been chewed on 1000 times as well like some others. I was not in the mood to write something at 2:00 am.

I know that in many discussion some arguments pop up and some are here much often so I can easily get bored replying to that.
Also, I can maybe take that as an insult that capitalism is new to my place. You could also said to me that I am moron and barbarian sugar collector or cotton farmer so why I have anyway giving opinion to your Sir who are president of Toyota America Inc. Buahahahaha. It is nice when some people take that liberty to classify other peoples. For your information I know people (Venture Capitalist) who just in Europe have invested 600 million EUROS in one year alone and I know some things about capitalism believe it or not. Maybe my knowledge is small but this is not a place for boasting on some things. But you can keep thinking of me as some barbarian with a spear who lives in cave.

Now you are giving me a lesson of wargames. I have invented term niche within niche for wargames which is now cited lol So I don't know anything about wargames LOL and I need lecturers like you.

Now that we have explained this thing we can move to other. A reasonably smart man or women too can make some argument for anything, that is old thing, old as world. Of course those re: activation are also here always right and of course it's not their companies so any nonsense they fire up here will not do damage to THEM. And when we think about arguments not all are strong or too important.

To cut this long story, your explanation and argumentation are YOURS and don't cut to me. I simply don't agree. Coming from USA I will not have to fight too much for my barbarian right to have MY OPINION on this isn't it. Freedom of speech is your long tradition , ahem.

I simply don't agree regarding price and have my opinion on this. Of course you are perfectly entitled to your own opinion. This just don't cut it. Also your numbers are empty balloons as you don't have any clear fact that things are like this. Any company only CAN hope that they will sell that or this amount of products.
As when issuing shares and going public, when I was journalist I have seen countless piles of startup companies going to funeral pire. And many other that have been on the market for a while. To not mention Interactive TV companies (and Internet generally) that collected so big French capital but many went bancrupt after year or two when failing to meet the market and investors hopes. I have seen them in Cannes hehe.

I am doing with facts that are present, not hidden and not with baloons. 40$ price is in some ways in fact like that French investors pouring money into some companies that they have expected that they will make it. Well, no I am not paying X money (and if I feel that X is too much for that kind of product) for a support, new titles etc... If they want money for development I will easily connect them with some venture capitalist hehe but I will choose what I will buy for my money and what is the value of bought goods. Simple as that. And now I think that it is not even nececary to repeat again and again why I think that this price is no go. That message I have clearly taken across in my previous posts.

TOAW 3 also is mentioned here. I am TOAW fan but as well in this case as I have say it until there is a SCENARIO that I want to play and that is not present in TOAW COW there is not much interest to me to buy TOAW 3. That is also lifelless pig with a lipstick without that killer app not present in TOAW COW. Fortunately some designers will make something so then I will have motive to buy TOAW 3. Although I have my opinion on that price too lol.
Close Combat: CoI on the other hand will lose some sales on this price maybe even more easily. I know few peoples who don't want to buy this game at this price. Of course I have helped them in their choice with my arguments. See, word of mouth have too tracks.
Ups, I forgot to say this: for remakes price is very important because the older fans of the series will have that extra motive to buy it if you make price right. In this case $29.95. See I didn't said 20$ that would be too cheap and I have seen that Reflexise arcade games are 20$ so I will be generous and for a wargame that would be $29.95 top. If market was larger then $24.95 heh. With price like 40$ I am certain that many fans will just pass it. And then it comes bad PR and etc...

Mario

EDIT: And Son of Montfort - ok another thing. Close Combat is niche thing and Theatre of War isn't? Hahahahaha.
Niche thing are mobile phones as well - well that claims that sales manager that I have met in London. He worked for Cryo Games (do you know them? They are also gone sadly)... We talked in Hammersmith in one hotel about some business. Well, he wanted that I sell their games in Croatia. But that is not now important. He said that computer games are niche. Then I invented term for wargames NICHE WITHIN NICHE. Now all talk that. See how smart I am? LOL

Theatre of War is also niche thing. No matter what that is also niche thing. Battlefront.com will also have a hard time selling it NOT EASY. They have also hook up with Paradox Gamer's Gate and what do you think WHY? Because they don't need another windows for selling? So do you need more arguments?
And that game my friend is now cheaper than CoI. Both are niche games believe it or not. Except that one is brand new and one is pig with a lipstick (ah, I love that kind of new english terms). So I don't know who is blind.

< Message edited by Monkeys Brain -- 3/30/2007 12:52:16 PM >

(in reply to cdbeck)
Post #: 39
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/30/2007 3:47:16 PM   
Capitaine

Post #: 40
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/30/2007 5:15:15 PM   
Monkeys Brain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capitaine

Agree with that But, on another note I found my post amusing to read afterwards, I don't know why, maybe it's just my gorgeus writing styles... ah...

Mario

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 41
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/30/2007 5:30:30 PM   
freeboy

Well, in the Us a kid goes t oa movie, and spens over 20.00 on ticcket, one, popcorn and a soda.. so here 40.00 is not much, perhaps in MB land it is, sorry for that. I reitterate it is about forward momentum and selling great products, to get there one needs veriety and creativity, thus the lemons and the limes to boot with all the great ones! no offence you limies out there

MB... you are beating a dead horse.. simply because you think these games are pricey.. which is reletive, is fine. Remember with inflation in 1985 dollars this 40.00 figure would be what, like 27.50?

Post #: 42
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/30/2007 5:48:15 PM   
cdbeck

quote:

I have invented term niche within niche for wargames which is now cited lol So I don't know anything about wargames LOL and I need lecturers like you.

That is a pretty big claim, to have coined the term niche for wargames. I quit reading right here. No point arguing.

I'm off this sinking ship of a thread,
SoM

Post #: 43
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/30/2007 6:03:43 PM   
Monkeys Brain

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy

Well, in the Us a kid goes t oa movie, and spens over 20.00 on ticcket, one, popcorn and a soda.. so here 40.00 is not much, perhaps in MB land it is, sorry for that. I reitterate it is about forward momentum and selling great products, to get there one needs veriety and creativity, thus the lemons and the limes to boot with all the great ones! no offence you limies out there

MB... you are beating a dead horse.. simply because you think these games are pricey.. which is reletive, is fine. Remember with inflation in 1985 dollars this 40.00 figure would be what, like 27.50?

Freeboy,

I don't know but it's kind of lame (sorry freeboy) to say to someone that his country is poor and that maybe that is the reason for my arguments. Sorry but that is lame. My responsibility is not country where I live - and I am not living with poor standard and my business that I prepare (something different) will attract fresh French capital :-) (no, it's not diary industry and anything related with Lactalis hehe). So this has nothing to do with country where I live. In fact - I live in Croatia, but I am cosmopolite and anational. You will never see me boast how I am Croat and for example nationalist, never. So I am talking only in global, worldwide relations, not some poor local relations. I am not that stupid or shortsighted.

Yes, we can, even say that this game is cheap! See, you can get your enjoyment for 40$. That is completely missed point.

See, there are some principles. And if I am not right then why some people send me emails to support me and tell me that I am right? Obviously different people have different approach to this.

What I found fascinating is that I am like a mule sometimes. But even that is not terrible because it's a matter of principles that you don't get it. It's not about one cent, 10 dollars or million dollars. It's about principle. And when it is about principle then
1st SS Panzer division cannot move me an inch from my position.

So world is moving and nothing is stopping, someone say that they agree with me and some say that they don't agree with me and no problem.

But I will send regards to one big important figure in wargaming business that agree with me and that is important for me.

But please this is not a game show stopper. We exchanged our views and that's it. Nothing melodramatic.

Mario

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 44
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/30/2007 6:07:07 PM   
Monkeys Brain

quote:

quote:

I have invented term niche within niche for wargames which is now cited lol So I don't know anything about wargames LOL and I need lecturers like you.

That is a pretty big claim, to have coined the term niche for wargames. I quit reading right here. No point arguing.

I'm off this sinking ship of a thread,
SoM

SoM,

I didn't said that I have invented term niche for wargames. But, yes I have invented term "NICHE WITHIN NICHE" (TM - trade mark here). Amusing, I found people now telling same term NICHE WITHIN NICHE, but that was from me. (proud) LOLZ

Another term that I invented and that I have seen some use is this:

MCDONALDIZATION OF COMPUTER GAMES. (again TM). That is when I saw remake of Sid Meier's Pirates.

Mario

(in reply to cdbeck)
Post #: 45
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/30/2007 6:17:23 PM   
Terminus

You sure invented a lot of stuff...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

Post #: 46
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/30/2007 6:19:34 PM   
Monkeys Brain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Sarcasm? LOLZ
I am talking about terms and as English is my second language it is nice when this Balkan redneck like me invent a term in English language LOLZ

Good Danish cookies with Copenhagen on it's tin box is not my invention LOLZ

Mario

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 47
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/30/2007 6:26:36 PM   
Monkeys Brain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Another thing....

Well fast rewind to 1994. or 1995. I have written to SSI and said to them "Panzer General is a 5-Star game"... Not much time has passed SSI send me a 5-Star badges and I see that they named whole series of games after this. I cannot 100% say that they used this my letter to name a full series but I know that first SSI games in that engine were not 5-Star Series and just later on. Maybe just small coincidence.

So maybe I am Godfather to that series name as well LOLZ. Maybe.

Mario

PS. 5-Star term is in fact musical terms and older crowd here maybe know it. In fact i borrowed this from one interview where one rock star say "5 star bands" or something like that... so it is music business term.

< Message edited by Monkeys Brain -- 3/30/2007 6:29:18 PM >

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 48
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/30/2007 6:47:47 PM   
robpost3

I on the other hand invented the internet single handedly one night by combining a Mr. Coffee, two cans of Dinty Moore Beef Stew and and the spare parts from a mid 70's Pinto.

The Yankee Motto:
Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make do,
Or do without.
"God Help us, and God, come yourself.
Don't send Jesus, this is no place for children."

Post #: 49
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/30/2007 6:50:07 PM   
cdbeck

The 5-star system in this case has nothing to do with you nor the music business. It has long been a classification system for senior military ranks (4-star general, 5-star general, etc.) It is also a way to rank hotels, movies, TV shows, etc, and has been used internationally for decades if not more (at least since WWII).

But in SSI's case, the 5-star reference is coming from the Senior Military ranking system... the game IS called Panzer General after all.

Remember the difference between coincidence and correlation.

I would refer you to the biblical passage Proverbs 10:14 before making any further claims.

SoM

Post #: 50
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/30/2007 6:50:38 PM   
Monkeys Brain

quote:

ORIGINAL: robpost3

I on the other hand invented the internet single handedly one night by combining a Mr. Coffee, two cans of Dinty Moore Beef Stew and and the spare parts from a mid 70's Pinto.

LOLZ

OK, I've got the message, I'll stop to trivialize this world wide known thread

OK, I also had enough of this. Maybe it's better idea to get drunk tonight

Mario

(in reply to robpost3)
Post #: 51
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/30/2007 6:53:29 PM   
robpost3

quote:

Agreed...
Heres to you...

The Yankee Motto:
Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make do,
Or do without.

Post #: 52
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/30/2007 6:55:21 PM   
dinsdale

quote:

Mr Gore, welcome to the forum :)

(in reply to robpost3)
Post #: 53
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/30/2007 6:56:54 PM   
robpost3

The Yankee Motto:
Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make do,
Or do without.

(in reply to dinsdale)
Post #: 54
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/30/2007 7:02:17 PM   
Monkeys Brain

quote:

The 5-star system in this case has nothing to do with you nor the music business. It has long been a classification system for senior military ranks (4-star general, 5-star general, etc.) It is also a way to rank hotels, movies, TV shows, etc, and has been used internationally for decades if not more (at least since WWII).

But in SSI's case, the 5-star reference is coming from the Senior Military ranking system... the game IS called Panzer General after all.

Remember the difference between coincidence and correlation.

I would refer you to the biblical passage Proverbs 10:14 before making any further claims.

SoM

Well, all right SoM... I said that it was - maybe - but just as I said it was strange coincident. Mind you - I had excellent cooperation with SSI... always kind of missed SSI... some of workforce went to Capcom as they are also in Sunnyvale, CA.
Investigate a little bit - 1st Panzer General was not 5-star game.
After my letter bingo - there is exactly same name. I say, just a strange coincidence then.

And thank you for putting biblical passage to me - a mere reminder to me how mortal we are. You have used it to mock me for my boasting heh - and that's fine I should not boast or talk trivialities well...

But I am wise and intelligent and that is not boasting, that is just my wise & beautyfull Balkan genom LOLZ (in the sea of stupid genoms also on the Balkans haha). See, you must know that The Balkans is navel of the world. That you shouldn't forget and how powerful that might be. And you in USA are not even aware of that.
Better to be open to the world.
Edit: just to be quite open - we have also here in Europe took many influences from USA and we are not ungrateful as some may think. That is in fact maybe a way for better world tomorrow who knows...

Mario

< Message edited by Monkeys Brain -- 3/30/2007 7:04:21 PM >

(in reply to cdbeck)
Post #: 55
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/30/2007 7:06:45 PM   
Monkeys Brain

quote:

quote:

Agreed...
Heres to you...

Ah thank you!

Mario

(in reply to robpost3)
Post #: 56
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/30/2007 7:18:33 PM   
cdbeck

The Balkans, are, indeed a nice place. I live in what used to be little Italy, but is now Little Albania. They seem to be nice people.

Just be forewarned... a little Nationalism can go a long way. Especially because ALL nationalism (not just the Balkan type) is a manufactured history based on a misinterpretation of fact in order to further some political purpose put forward by an organized state (typically in opposition to another organized state). I'm a big follower of Benedict Anderson and his book Imagined Communities.

In essence... I believe the naval of the world is where each person wants it to be, because, we all believe that individually we are the center of the universe.

Ask any New Yorker... they will tell you from where civilization sprang (the polluted soup of the East River may have sentience).

SoM

Post #: 57
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/30/2007 7:29:08 PM   
Monkeys Brain

quote:

The Balkans, are, indeed a nice place. I live in what used to be little Italy, but is now Little Albania. They seem to be nice people.

Just be forewarned... a little Nationalism can go a long way. Especially because ALL nationalism (not just the Balkan type) is a manufactured history based on a misinterpretation of fact in order to further some political purpose put forward by an organized state (typically in opposition to another organized state). I'm a big follower of Benedict Anderson and his book Imagined Communities.

In essence... I believe the naval of the world is where each person wants it to be, because, we all believe that individually we are the center of the universe.

Ask any New Yorker... they will tell you from where civilization sprang (the polluted soup of the East River may have sentience).

SoM

I can agree with that and will say that you are also wise man. Indeed. And really.

I am big opposition to any nationalism. The world is in fact moving (SLOWLY, VERY SLOWLY) to destruction of ALL STATES in the world.

From this position I will say that this is in fact good thing. What we must do is to colonize other planets - take space shuttles and navigate to first black hole and go straight to the bottom LOLZ

The Balkans had really bad luck. It was 1990. fall of communism all around and in fact our political elites made a very bad choice going to the route of nationalism. They just needed to look around, take Swiss model of cantonization for example and make big decentralization so that any entity stop getting a feeling that THOSE OTHERS are living on their expense.

But all factors who had a little brain didn't even had a chance. Big pitty. That is big defeat in fact. They also didn't listened to Santayana "Those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it."

About nationalism one other thing - in small dosage it is not so harmfull - because I can also stand it if we all try to see it as some sort of COMPETITION in GOOD THINGS. But not in bad things of course.

Mario

PS. When I was getting back in the morning, half drunk and see taxi slowly moving in front of me. Instead of running I think "there will be another"... as this is not new york there is not another cab around... This is what happened to the Balkans - same missed chance - and clearly lost 30-50 years

< Message edited by Monkeys Brain -- 3/30/2007 7:33:33 PM >

(in reply to cdbeck)
Post #: 58
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/30/2007 7:29:21 PM   
robpost3

quote:

(the polluted soup of the East River may have sentience).

You cannot drown in the East River but you can suffocate!!! (Disc world humor)
ahhh my old New York...how is she SoM...I miss Ballatos, Ollies Noodle House...have you been to the Cloisters yet?

The Yankee Motto:
Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make do,
Or do without.

(in reply to cdbeck)
Post #: 59
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/30/2007 9:51:18 PM   
Skeleton

I have never, for the life of me, understood this argument in any of its different angles. One does not go into a store, argue with the sales clerks and store manager about the price of an item, does one? Rather, if I find a price to be outrageous or inflated to the point that I find unacceptable, I do one thing, or really, I don't do one thing; I DON'T PURCHASE THAT ITEM. Very simple, makes just just as much of a point and does not fall on deaf ears. I find this board a breath of fresh air. You can ask questions (even something as sacred as to when regarding a release date) and you don't get attacked. More often then not, the developer will even answer your question and without all of the "it is not just a game, but a passion" garbage responses you get elsewhere. Cheers to you Matrix, you guys are a class act and if I ever find a price too expensive, I won't bombard your boards with my opinion, I will just express that opinion with a "I'll pass" on this one.

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Black Powder Wars Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI