Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> After Action Reports >> RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/16/2007 8:56:24 AM   
Greyhunterlp

Late November 1862 (turn 33)

Not bad, french diplomacy lessens (I move another point away from europe to france just to make sure.) Buell is healthy and Berry is healing. and the seige has caused three times as many casualties than its lost. not often you can say that.

Now for the real meat. the reorganisation of the army of washington. the first thing I do it throw all the generals into the same area so I can see them quickly.

I have 1 Army, 2 corps and 11 divisons to staff.  and looking at that list, not much to staff them with.
Looking at the List, I decide to promote Haupt to army Leader. hes the best of a bad bunch. with known stats and at least normal in everything.  He gets an invitation to the whitehouse, a "lincon hello" and a cage next to McClellen. - I demote Buell as well as his 4 star rating isn't allowing me to up Haupt.

for the corp commanders, I select Ramsey and decide to leave Thomas in charge. the division commanders end up being French, Buell (if he doens't resign) Tyler, Robinson, Grant, Plummer, Ellot, Wagner, Cooper and Potter.

Next I move all the Brigades out of the army. not having both corps in there is bugging me. so I'm going to try and sort it. I now have an empty amry which I organsise like this

now maybe I should throw a few infantry in. talk about a top heavy army. but when I try, I can't fit everyone back in. its like the first time you open a box of something. I end up with three divisons that I can't make fit back into the army. I order up another Corp. either that will solve the problem, or I'll just have to try something else. I order an army for Freebot while I'm at it.

I put two more mints and two more arsenels into production. and replace some of the lost weapons in the army. I also order a infantry brigade in Frankfort. I'm not going to say that I won't get attacked in washington, because I know too well that this would be the time to do it. as of now I'm going to get stronger every turn. then again, so's he.

(in reply to Drex)
Post #: 61
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/17/2007 8:18:27 AM   
Greyhunterlp

late November 1862 (turn 33 again)

Some sort of temporal flux means i'm having serious deja vu. all I can remebr is I liked the previous version of the last two weeks better!
huge technology gifts, and more support from the french! Berry critical and two governers opposing things.
Grrrr.

Much the same as last turn, except I don't spend as much time breaking the AoW, and only shift generals around. 

(in reply to Greyhunterlp)
Post #: 62
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/17/2007 8:34:15 AM   
Greyhunterlp

Early December 1862 (Turn 34)

More training for the troops.

And another dead general. I'm going to have trouble recruiting them at this rate of loss.

Buell and Gregg resign at their demotions, which is a shame, but I really needed better commanders. but the mail report of the turn is the elections - which I had forgotten, otherwise I would have rigged. although It does seem that all the people voted off were the ones that I have annoyed in the last 18 months. - but not the ones killing me by opposing diplomacy!
But these are the ones wanting what I can't give! I'm not about to move 15 brigades just to appease a governer. don't these people realise their costing me the war?

The only one I can do anything about is Washburne. but i'll need to build a mansion first, so I order that up. but thats about all I can accomplish at the moment.

Post #: 63
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/17/2007 8:47:27 AM   
Greyhunterlp

Late December 1862 (turn 35)

The New years revelries take another tole on my men. obviously last years new laws didn't have much effect. but I'm not going to enforce stricter ones and hurt moral.

The diplomacy war is lost.  despite pooring millions into it, it looks like both britain and france will be entering the war on the side of the CSA. I have only one trump card left to play. I must Emancipate the slaves as soon as possible. This will swell the rebels moral and forces, but its the only thing that'll stop me being overwelmed by European arms, technology and ultimatly Troops. it'll also allow me to free up a large amount of money for the war effort.

I spend most of this turns money of a mansion in Deleware so I can get that rebellious governer that naval collage hes always harping on about. and I continue to upgrade the weapons of the AoW.

Post #: 64
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/17/2007 9:01:05 AM   
Greyhunterlp

Early January 1863 (turn 36)

This should speed my already superiour seige forces. I'm taking them apart as it is, with this I should be able to roll up huge parts of the south.

And the better spencer guns should help my troops on the feild. watch out rebels, this is not going to be the same poorly lead force you met six months ago.

Ahh, I love it when your generals agree with you, much more training of the troops takes place, three arsenals begin pumping out the new guns - and needed they willl be, the spencer rifles are expensive. the lab will help research, maybe some medical treatment for the men on the lines.

The 6th corp is finished, but when I move it into the AoW, I can't move any of the free divisions into it! I could try moving them out and back in, but then I may end up with three corps on their own and not in an army. The new army container starts the long trip over to Freebot in his seige. lets hope it can fit both units into it.

I order up two more brigades of infantry. and start moving two new brigades and an artillary to renforce the op F.L.G troops. Jacksons still waiting there, and I want to be able to give him a shock come spring.

Post #: 65
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/17/2007 7:45:49 PM   
Greyhunterlp

Late January 1863, (Turn 37)

Shreveport falls to my troops. putting most of Arkensas in my hands. the confederates are uppng their Urban warfare skills and have better guns now. but do they have the abilities to equip enough of the troops to match my spencers? The standard poor diplomacy and massive gifts go to the CSA. I've got to the point of trying not to notice.

In the west I move Freebots forces towards the Red river captial.  I'm going to avoid most of the heavily fortified areas and just try and damage the will of the enemy.  In the East I move 6th corp into the AoW and  place a number of Divisons into it. Potter is promoted to command the corp.

Operation Finger Licking Good (still getting questions from the troops on that one) Is going to be facing up to Jacksons corps come spring. I have decided to stop bashing my head against the main army in Vaginia and try my luck against a differnet force. so for the next couple of months, most of the weapons produced will be going to this corp. I put their supplys up to normal, just to make sure all spaces are filled before the off, and I'm going to move all troops I can to support.

Post #: 66
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/17/2007 7:58:26 PM   
Greyhunterlp

Early Febuary 1963 (turn 38)

Thats right! get those cripples back into the front line! don't they know theres a war on?!

Thats what we're talking about! an extra 2500 men every two weeks! that'll help with the rebuilding. I'm back down below 100,000 replacements needed for the first time in a long time. the British send naval tech, thats fine, I've not seen a Confederate Navy yet, so thats a waste for them.

and a mansions finished. a quick check tells me that the governer wants a Foundry (don't they all) so I give it to him. I order up an infantry brigade on the West Ohio river and plan to another one next turn. I also put an order in for another arsenal in little rock and redeliver the orders for Freebot (now a Rank 4 general) to advance.

Post #: 67
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/17/2007 8:02:57 PM   
Erik Rutins

Speaking of which, how's the naval side going for you? Have you built any fleets or ships yet? I find that an early shipbuilding program based in Boston to put out say three more fleets with three frigates each (along with reorganizing existing fleets to have at least three ships each) gets the first part of the blockade in place pretty quickly. Another effort like that pretty much completes the blockade and the economic effects on the CSA can be quite serious.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 68
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/17/2007 8:13:19 PM   
Greyhunterlp

Late Febuary 1863 (Turn 39)

Lots of disease but not to bad. and another camp that I don't rember ordering. well, maybe its time to cut back at the late nights at Mrs Nights house of 1000 pleasures. but theres not much else to do in these boaring winter months.

I can't afford the navel college wanted at the moment, so I place two more arsenals into Delaware. I want to beat the rebels in some war, it may as well be the arms war!

In the West I start the siege of Red river. after I've taken this capital I'll strike north for Jackson. but that'll take more time as I'll need to secure a supply line.

Winters don't make for interesting times, although I can get a lot done, Its a matter of waiting and baiting my guests for entertainment. but at least I can savour the thought of a hard won victory.

Post #: 69
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/17/2007 8:28:37 PM   
Greyhunterlp

Early March 1863 (Turn 40)

I had to say something didn't I. it seems the confederacy are wanting to get this year off to an early start.

Firstly, How stupid do my spys think I am? 20k people in N. Vaginia? Nah thats still Cleburne and his 60k. but it gets more interesting in Kentucky.

Ignoring Jacksons 300K (60k in reality) More interesting is Earlys Army of what seems to be one brigade? hmm, Its got trap written all over it, but I can't not risk it. and Forrest sitting behind him with 45,000 men makes a better prospect for my new guns than Jacksons larger force. so I move Meridith and the who Op F.L.G into attack early. I may get lucky and force him to call Forrest in as support.

the west has a unkown Division arriving. I'm going to send Freebot north to try and engage, while leaving burnside to continue with the siege. I order up a navel collage and a Laboratory. Then wait for all hell to break loose.

Post #: 70
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/17/2007 8:40:16 PM   
Greyhunterlp

Later March 1863 (Turn 41)

Hmm, Distinct lackage of hell. Unless your a defender of Red River that is.
I continue to arm my army, and reset the commands for those who didn't carry out my orders. It looks like the camps are now chewing through the losses at a nice rate. but thats because I'm not adding any more to them. it'll be interesting come the time when the war hots up.

maybe they'll get something done this time.

Post #: 71
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/17/2007 8:58:02 PM   
Greyhunterlp

Early April 1863 (Turn 42)

The population boost is welcome, but there seems to be some problems in Kentucky.

The fools bypassed each other! I quickly order Meridith to backtrack and try and engage. In the west the rebel division has moved to Arkansas river. If I can engage them there then I could destroy the whole division in one swoop!

I order up some more arsnels, as I need to refit my troops quickly, and you can never have to many guns.

Post #: 72
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/17/2007 9:32:26 PM   
Greyhunterlp

2nd Arkanas River.

The CSA Divsion begins a seige in Little rock, but then is attacked by Freebots corp. this shouldn't go well for the confederacy, especially as I have them under survailance from the start of the battle! this is the 14th Divison. a compleatly new unit, going up against my most veteran corp.

I march my troops into a line near to the vicotry locations, but don't bother digging them in or deploying into a line. I can do that when I know exactly where the two divisons of the enemy are. when I find them I deploy a entire Divison against each of his brigades.

128th CSA infantry Takes 600 casulties from the opening volleys of the illinous Volunteers, and while the 127th takes fewer casulties, they are visible shaken after their exchange with the 14th. The next salvos take another 550 off the 128th. with the 129th becoming disordered from the fire they receive.

Unsurprisingly The CSA forces rout and surrender. Three volleys was all that it took to capture two brigades and destroy a division.

Post #: 73
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/17/2007 9:43:38 PM   
Greyhunterlp

Late April 1863 (turn 43)

Another long disease thingy truncated.
not much comment on the fact of a victory, even if it was a small one.
I order Meridith to attack Freebot to move to secure supply lines to Jackson, and order another mansion to try and placate a governor.

Post #: 74
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/18/2007 8:22:18 AM   
Greyhunterlp

Early May 1863 (Turn 44)

Training the sharpshooter to make them more deadly to the enemies immortal generals.

and putting a layer of iron on the hulls of the warships.

Red River becomes the latest capital to join the Union. The confederacy get better gatling guns and the like, and heaps more tech, although support from france finally seems to be waining.

I move Freebot and Burnside into Jackson and form them into the Army of the West. After they have taken jackson I may spend some time cleaning up the south, or I may send them north to engage Jackson. It depends on Op FLG and what they do.

And Meridith doesn't seem to want to engage Early. Maybe he'll just surrender this turn. but its looking like my forces are not to far off his, and I have a entire divsion armed with spencers now, and rising fast. The east is its normal stalemate. I move a little production from labour to money, as I now have large stockpiles.

Post #: 75
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/18/2007 8:37:45 AM   
Greyhunterlp

Late May 1863 (turn 45)

The siege finally finished up in red river. the rebs get heavy artillary (not that I've seen any artillary beyond the Jeff. Davis battery) apart from that, not much on the report front. - thats nothing like the warmap though.

Cleburnes Amry has moved away from richmond to abingdon, so I'm taking the opertunity to strike for richmond again. this will draw him back I'm sure. but this time I'm not going to let myself get drawn into a battle like the last one. My men are in better shape, and I'm going to switch back to renforcing them now.

Jackson has moved south, hes now heading towards the AotW. so I send Meridith back into kentucky. from here he can take the whole state or support the AoW If cleburne doesn't return to richmond. I begin the siege in Jackson and see if the towns namesake will come arunning.

Post #: 76
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/18/2007 8:55:10 AM   
Greyhunterlp

Early June 1863 (Turn 46)

more guns and more research! always nice. That phamtom army of Earlys continues to cause trouble, but its Jackson who interests me

Hes just Asking to be attacked. Which is why I'm going to continue my siege. in Kentucky I've got a harder descision. Cleburne and his lackys outnumber meridith heavily. and op.

F.L.G. has yet to see feild combat. their masters of seiges, but have not done any open battle work yet. so I send them to attack the divison on the Tennessee river. its half their size and should give me an Idea of what to expect.

In the East I move on richmond. this tme i have 4-1 odds and better weapons. I should be able to defeat any army there, and maybe take out some garrison troops at the same time. If I can capture richmond it'll go a good way towards breaking the confederacy - and a seige will draw Cleburne back from Kentucky. all I'm really banking on is that Meridith can attack before Cleburne can attack him, and Freebot can defeat jacksons troops if attacked.

Post #: 77
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/18/2007 8:33:45 PM   
Greyhunterlp

not quit sure how you'd go ab out researching this one, but I'll take it.

1st Red River.

Red river is attacked by a enemy brigade. but its a surprise attack so my unit starts disorganised. The garrison unit thats stationed here should allow me to swing the balance.
It seems to be a reincarnated 14th divison, I see an enemy calvery unit for a moment, before it is lost again in the morning fog.

A quick volley drives the calvery off and allows the 39th to advance on the enemies supply. the battle gets a little confused after that, the 39th is not the best unit out there, and keeps going out of command, I have to move my supply up to support them and that leaves them open to the much more manuverable calvery.

The two brigades spend four hours hammering each other, with little effect until the 39th decided to withdraw. (aka run like cowards)

a minor skirmish in a larger war, but interesting in its own right. they were fairly balanced units by the looks of things.

Post #: 78
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/18/2007 8:43:10 PM   
Greyhunterlp

Late June 1863 (turn 47)

The french have reached diplomacy level 8 with the CSA. this is bad news as that means that their on the brink of entering the war!
In the centre Jackson moved north and met Earlys army. I have no good reports on it, so I'll have to assume its the 60,000 of jacksons and the 10,000 of that unknown division that also slipped through my grasp.

I order an Horse farm to please a governer (I wish they were all like that) and another lab. I also order the start of the seiges of the forts surrounding Richmond.  Now I need to see what Jacksons army does. I'm also slightly worried by the disappearnce of Cleburnes forces.

Post #: 79
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/18/2007 9:01:21 PM   
Greyhunterlp

Early July 1863 (turn 48)

more training a blowing stuff up, can only be usefull for richmonds downfall.

Bad beards Lvl5 had been reached! erm, I mean, yes! more agressive use of calvery!

sweet monkey jesus
14,000 dead in the area around Dwerys Bluff. time to back off and go for the slow method. I can't destroy the army at that rate. I move Ramseys 3rd corp up to support. I also order up some siege artillary, although its not going to be ready for five months!

Freebots going to have company from Earlys army soon. I know it. So I use the opertunity to move him back into Yazoo. That will put him on the defense and hopefully allow me a turn to sort the weapons, which have been neglected in that army, simply because they have been fighting none stop for over a year now.

In kentucky I move Meridith to Lexington to begin a seige there, If i can just get some fried chicken, I'm sure I could sort this mess of a war out.

Post #: 80
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/18/2007 9:12:48 PM   
Greyhunterlp

Late July 1863 (Turn 50)

The French back down a bit from fully commiting themsleves, buying me another month. the seige in James river is still costly, but is wearng down their defenses quickly, and the 3rd corp is there now to support.

This is getting a little silly now. Early obviously does not want to engage Freebots forces. so i send him back to finish the seige of Jackson.  I'll chase Early down once I've taken another of his capitals.  Maybe if it burn Jackson to the ground  he'll have to engage me.  I take the opertunity to equip three of the brigades in Freebots army with spencer carbines, just because you can never have to many repeating rifles. that and the force still has a large number of muskets! Op. F.L.G. begins the seige of lexington. soon all of kentucky will be in my greesy fingers!

Post #: 81
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/18/2007 9:26:32 PM   
Greyhunterlp

Early August 1863 (turn 51)

Heavy seige casualties this turn, and loosing Baton rouge has hurt my will - by 2 even though it was a confederate capital! the french are back on the brink of joining, and my siege in Jackson was called off.

I'm not even talking about the CSA technology reports any more.

In Kentucky Cleburns armys popped up again, I don't belive the 100,000 figure, but I'm will in to bet "more than your guys" Earlys not moved. so I restart the siege of Jackson, but in normal mode this time, trying to batter down their doors quickly so that I can move the army north to try and win a big battle to put me back on track.

I'm sorry these reports are getting shorter, but theres little to do but move the armies around, and see how the rebels react, I'd rather plough on until something interesting happens than show how I make every boaring move.

Post #: 82
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/18/2007 10:09:04 PM   
Greyhunterlp

YES! finally some good news, followed by some even better news!

Yes I know that I massively Outnumber them, but i'm going to fight detailed for one reason - so I can make sure that the unit is captured! Theres more of those flipping forts again this time though.

A Garrison unit storms out to meet us, but is quickly surrounded and hammered into submission, the rest of the army is slowed crossing the many rivers. then part of the CSA 15th divison marches into sight, despite the fact that theres two huge forts it could be hiding behind. maybe they rember the last time I was here.

Shame for him this is not the same army as last time. And I plan to win this one. no  matter what the cost! I decide to engage the brigade at range, using my better firepower to hit them before they close.

Take a second to read it. Jeb stuart. a Confederate General. Dead. I like this new start. its like he was the only one holding them together, as the rebels breaks the turn after. unfortunatly before I can get troops into encircling positions. although I do manage to trap the 15th Divsion brigade by the water. and get troops close enough to cause several garrison units to give up as well.

Post #: 83
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/18/2007 10:20:47 PM   
Greyhunterlp

Late August 1863 (turn 53)

The Seige in Jackson cost them hevily, I lost as well, but I can better absorbe those losses. I suffered more elsewhere, but as long as they progress I'm happy. I order Haupt to begin the siege of richmond. having cleared out the other forts in the battle. It'll take a long time, but It'll hurt them.

Earlys back in position, This time i'm going to let him attack - hes been running around a lot, hes got to be low on supplies by now. and Cleburnes off somewhere again. these confederate armies are great on the move, but seem unwilling to engage any of my forces.

All my troops are engaged, so I store my weapons for the first group to be avaible. and I order a mansion in Kentucy so I can appease the governers there. I seem to be universially hated. people are even saying its not my own beard!

you know, I've been here two years now, I could have grown a beard in that time. why didn't that occur to me?

Post #: 84
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/19/2007 8:24:16 AM   
Greyhunterlp

EArly September 1863 (turn 54)

More gun types for me to play with.

and more infantry training.

Uh Oh. We're for it now. French Diplomacy to 9. that means that french troops could enter the war at any moment. that said I've just taken Jackson, and it looks like Lexington and Richmond won't be far behind. then I can start hunting down the armies of the confederacy.

I move Freebot up towards the confederate army. I'm going to have to attack him, but I'd rather wait a turn or so to upgrade as many of my troops weapons as possible. apart from that, nothing much to report with all my troops in sieges.

Post #: 85
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/19/2007 8:50:24 AM   
Greyhunterlp

Late September 1863 (turn 55)

Field hospitals should cut the death toll.

Finally. that should hurt the confederates to at least some degree! and lexington falls straight after.

But thats not good. soon i'm going to have to face french troops on the feild, so I'm going to have to move to smash the Confederacy much quicker than I thought.

The French are in Texas!
A new lab comes online, and I've now got a chance of the british joining the french.
but We have richmond. a quick look shows that Its a great prize.

Three camps and a good number of reseach buildings. as well as all the other buildings you'd expect in a capital.  this will boost me while hurting him. I send the AoW onto attack petersburg, leaving 3rd corp defending the new prize.

In Kentucky I move to take the last few provinces. this will mean the entire state is under my control.
In the West I decide to order the attack. I upgrade three brigades with improved springfields, as i can do that for the cost of one spencer rifle. the AotW looks like this at the moment.

That said, I can't wait to build them up any more. I need to start Hitting the rebs. Ive damaged enough of their supply to mean that they will have a hard time rebuilding. I still think I can win this one, as long as I'm agressive from here on out.

And soon I will have Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Post #: 86
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/19/2007 10:46:03 PM   
Greyhunterlp

Kinda wondering if I should start building a larger navy, but i think it may be to late for that....

1st Arkansas Mississippi River.

for once the scouts are right, and I have the advantage in numbers, now we'll see if I have the advantage anywhere else. early on my 16th brigade catch a garrison unit out of position, and decide to warm themselves up on it.

The 16th and the Illonouis Volunteers deployed forward of the army, so I use them to screen the main forces crossing of the river. its late, so I doubt I'll be able to press the attack before morning.

It looks like the rebs are in a hurry, and they would find my poorly supplied flank, wouldn't they! I shift troops in that direction to face the two divisions I know are there. but they hit the F.R.I. Divison hard. they must be well armed, as they break two brigades in a round. killing about 300 men a volley.
I attempt to charge a Supply unit with my calvary, but take 800 casulaties doing so.

Ahh, the second CSA general dies. I don't fell so bad now. even if i do loose the battle, I'll know that I've reached the point where i can chip away at his better generals.

The rebs continue their flanking manuver, even though it seems to be breaking their army up. I wonder if i can concentrate on the dep. of Norfolk long enough to break it. (btw, I like the Army of the Potomac fighting on the Mississippi.)

Berdens Sharpshooters finally live up to their name. and the confederates must begin to realise that they've flank marched themselves into an area surrounded by two rivers.

unfortunatly my troops are beinging to break. so i may not be able to capatalise on this position. then theres is a series of three rallys in the same turn, and it looks as if i might pull it off again.
As night falls I press the attack, trying to force the rebels deeper into my moral zones. the moral has dropped from an advantage to him to equal. which is more than any other army has done in a battle this size.
I loose Lyon to fire, but I'm still 2-1 in this engagement.

I did it again. no sooner do I type those words than Freebot explodes! I was trying to keep him back, but I was pressing for a win that that loss may just have cost me. asn sure enough at 10:00pm the army routs. during which the lincon battery surrenders to the enemy!

At least I hit them for 2,000 more men than they hit me. If Freebot hadn't malfunctioned and gotten itself shot then I could have won.

Post #: 87
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/19/2007 10:59:18 PM   
Greyhunterlp

Early October 1863 (turn 56)

Right. not as planned. not unexpected, but not as planned. I promote Robinson to replace Freebot, and Stahl to replace Robinson. no time to any whitehouse style replacements, this has to be quick. I order the AotW to move to Napoleon, as they are currently cut off, I also increase their supply level and replace some of their guns - luckly only one spencer carbine set fell into enemy hands.
I also being to move op FLG down, they can join up and hit the rebs with greater force. I order the AoW to hit Petersburg. maybe I can still bleed them dry.

Finally I go visit the captives. I walk into the room and then shoot Fremont in the head. I must have a body to show the family, and it would be embarrasing to have him escape and suddenly appear on the streets.

Post #: 88
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/21/2007 9:18:39 AM   
Greyhunterlp

Better ponttons should be usefull in this river war. and no one should ever say no to more training, especially for the big guns.

it seems that the french must have renforced Early, because he has 30,000 more men a turn after i killed 13,000. so that makes about 40,000 frenchment to face!

I decide to do something different, I know that Early is agressive.  so I pull my troops to a defensive line that won't allow me to be flanked. I then start resupplying my men.

Where is the seven hells did they come from? if they flanked my army through the swamps then they did so crossing the areas I can see at some rate! and how much of the rest of their army is out there? I dispatch my reserve brigade to attack the calvary. Unfotuantly, It, the supply and Beardens Sharpshooters are all routed from the field. My calvery Meets the main reb force halfway up the battlefield, but Sickles is killed in the first skirmish engagement.

I decide to retreat and cut my losses, rather than hand the enemy another decisive victory.

Post #: 89
RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) - 4/21/2007 9:29:07 AM   
Greyhunterlp

Late October 1863 (Turn 57)

So Robinsons a poor leader is he? well i'm not sure I have anyone better out there to replace him.  and 8k casualties in petersburg. thats going to take all of a turns camps production to replace.

retreating from the battle cost me 3 brigades worth of spencer carbines! I can't afford to be giving those guns away. my attack was based on the fact that I still had more troops than jackson, the appearance of the french really scuppered my plans.

I move Robinson north, If they can hot foot it past Early then they can join up with Op. FLG and go back in with greater numbers. That will give me 110,000 men, and Op. FLG is well armed.  I turn the seige in petersburg to enciclement, as that seems to serve me best.  I move Ramsey from the James river into Lynchberg, so he can set up seige ops there.

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> After Action Reports >> RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI