Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Movement problem.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Movement problem. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Movement problem. - 4/18/2007 2:05:35 PM   
AvG

End December 1941 I conquered HongKong with 2 Inf Div, 3 ART and 1 HQ. After a short rest I needed these units so I send them to Canton. After maybe 10 days I saw they still did not arrive in Canton.
Triple check: They all had DH 43,41 and were appr halfway. The directions however were 4 times SE and 2 times E.
Not possible!!!.
After giving them new move-orders again to Canton all directions changed to NW and they arrived the next day.
Can I have made a mistake somewhere?

AvG
Post #: 1
RE: Movement problem. - 4/18/2007 2:22:43 PM   
wdolson

Could be.  Sometimes units get weird orders too.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to AvG)
Post #: 2
RE: Movement problem. - 4/18/2007 5:35:56 PM   
AmiralLaurent

Probably not one of your mistake, but a bug. It happens sometimes. Everytime I have one of my units not moving as fast as it should I check its direction. Sometimes you may have units ending in jungle while they were supposed follow a railway or a road...

(in reply to AvG)
Post #: 3
RE: Movement problem. - 4/18/2007 5:39:24 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: AmiralLaurent

Probably not one of your mistake, but a bug. It happens sometimes. Everytime I have one of my units not moving as fast as it should I check its direction. Sometimes you may have units ending in jungle while they were supposed follow a railway or a road...

it happens fairly often in my experience... maybe 1 in 20 or so (more or less)... another reason to check your units frequently. Other weird things: turn off ALL replacements for a command - go back several turns later and see how many are turned back on. It is disconcerting...

(in reply to AmiralLaurent)
Post #: 4
RE: Movement problem. - 4/18/2007 6:22:01 PM   
qgaliana

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

it happens fairly often in my experience... maybe 1 in 20 or so (more or less)... another reason to check your units frequently. Other weird things: turn off ALL replacements for a command - go back several turns later and see how many are turned back on. It is disconcerting...

I've seen the move problem too and caught a few units crawling into the jungle. I'm not sure but I got the impression I usually see it when the destination hex or nearby hexes change hands while in transit. Somewhere some bit flips and a whole corps decides to head off road into the jungle. Fortunately if you select the same destination hex you seem to get to keep your forward progress and your direction of march corrects.

Related observations: last time I had a replacement problem, it was just recently when I started playing parallel games for the first time in a long time. Quit - reload, etc. Aside from the old "oops forgot to save my old combat report" I started seeing a lot of wonky replacement and upgrade settings that looked like they came from the other game. I also got a swath of leader bugs reported by witpdecoder when I'd been running clean for months.

I get the impression there are many instances of uninitialed fields that are picking up strange values, especially when there is stale data from an old game in memory.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 5
RE: Movement problem. - 4/18/2007 6:40:42 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: qgaliana

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

I've seen the move problem too and caught a few units crawling into the jungle. I'm not sure but I got the impression I usually see it when the destination hex or nearby hexes change hands while in transit. Somewhere some bit flips and a whole corps decides to head off road into the jungle. Fortunately if you select the same destination hex you seem to get to keep your forward progress and your direction of march corrects.

Related observations: last time I had a replacement problem, it was just recently when I started playing parallel games for the first time in a long time. Quit - reload, etc. Aside from the old "oops forgot to save my old combat report" I started seeing a lot of wonky replacement and upgrade settings that looked like they came from the other game. I also got a swath of leader bugs reported by witpdecoder when I'd been running clean for months.

I get the impression there are many instances of uninitialed fields that are picking up strange values, especially when there is stale data from an old game in memory.

i can't blame that for my problems, as i am currently only playing one PBEM... usually i turn the machine on shortly before loading the game, so not sure what is going on in this case.

(in reply to qgaliana)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Movement problem. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI