Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Are Japanese players smarter????

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Are Japanese players smarter???? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Are Japanese players smarter???? - 7/5/2007 6:02:59 AM   
RUPD3658

quote:

ORIGINAL: dtravel

quote:

ORIGINAL: RUPD3658
If the Allies can prevent an auto-victory at the end of 42 they have a good chance at winning.

That kind of sums up the whole problem right there. There was never any realistic chance of Japan conquering even one of Australia, China, India or beating the Soviets, yet the Allied player's biggest concern is preventing the Japanese from doing two or more of those.

The game's Victory Conditions are basically those of Japan in real life. Give the Americans/Allies a bloody nose and they'll cave. Some time back Mogami proposed a game with victory conditions that were closer to the Allied ones. A few simple house rules requiring the Japanese player to use his AKs and TKs and victory was based on how many, if any, he had left at various dates, representing the Allies goal of destroying Japan's ability to continue waging a war.

I liked the Victory Conditions from PACWAR where Allied losses were were multiplied by 1.5 in 1944 and by 2 in 1945. This better reflected breaking the will of the Allies to fight. I agree that losses would matter more to public opinion than bases held. It also forced the Japanese player to try to inflict high losses rather than just take territory.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 61
RE: Are Japanese players smarter???? - 7/5/2007 8:56:28 AM   
jwilkerson

Locking this one down.

I would like to announce a slight policy change (or perhaps merely a clarification) with respect to the WITP forum area. Based on my perception of the preferences of the vast majority of WITP forum posters and discussions with management, we would like to promote more clearly a culture of "play nice".

My oft used phrase "ISSUES NOT PEOPLE" is another way of expressing this sentiment. We are grognards, which I think more originally meant "grumblers" ... but we will focus on "ISSUES NOT PEOPLE". I suspect there are many other forums on the internet where one can post about people, not issues if ones desires, and those who do so desire are invited to go forth and enjoy.

The topic of this thread "ARE JAPANES PLAYERS SMARTER" .. is about people, (Japanese players) not issues, hence we view it as inciteful and thus not appropriate. If one wants to start a thread about "WITP Play Balance" then that would be about an issue. Feel free to start such a thread.

If anyone has issues with this policy adjustment please PM me.

Thanks.

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 62
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Are Japanese players smarter???? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI