Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How Does Endurance Work????

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> How Does Endurance Work???? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How Does Endurance Work???? - 7/25/2007 12:59:26 AM   
grog45

I just got done playing my first real game and am wondering how does ENDURANCE
for a pitcher work???? The computer controlled team put in a pitcher that had an
ENDURANCE of 1 and had him pitch 4 innings. He didn't do that bad either. I think
if a pitcher has that low of an ENDURANCE he shouldn't be able to pitch that long.
Granted it says he's VERY WORN OUT but since the computer left him in for so long
he's not going to be available for the next few games. He left a second pitcher
in for while as well and he is also VERY WORN OUT.

< Message edited by grog45 -- 7/25/2007 6:32:55 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: How Does Endurance Work???? - 7/26/2007 9:26:59 PM   
motnahp

Some changes over the past 2-3 months have made me question the same thing about END ratings. I believe Shaun is still working on the problem.

(in reply to grog45)
Post #: 2
RE: How Does Endurance Work???? - 7/26/2007 11:58:48 PM   
target762

I have noticed that when the Pitch count gets near the END rating I start getting more walks and hits. This is not always true, sometimes I'll have a Pitch count double the End rating of my pitcher and he is still going strong.

(in reply to motnahp)
Post #: 3
RE: How Does Endurance Work???? - 7/27/2007 1:40:07 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

Assuming the pitcher is doing reasonably well, I do not implement serious "hook" considerations until the pitcher has reached 100 pitches. It's not an automatic pull, but that's when I really start to watch the pitch count. Again, this is assuming that they (1) have been performing reasonably well and (2) that they didn't reach the 100-pitch count in the bottom of the 4th!  I've allowed a pitcher to go up to 137 pitches on one outing, but frankly, he was in complete control and ended up pitching a no-hitter. There was no way I was pulling him.

To explain how I view endurance, I take the "tens" portion of their endurance and rough-estimate that they will last that many innings; a 75-endurance pitcher will complete 7 innings, a 24-endurance will last a couple. Again, this is all case-by-case dependant; if a 14-endurance reliever gets through an inning on 5 pitches, I'll allow him to pitch another inning (depending on the case).

Just my 2 cents.

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to target762)
Post #: 4
RE: How Does Endurance Work???? - 7/27/2007 4:49:37 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

As further proof that there is no exact model or perfect method to determining duration based on endurance (and yet further proof that there are too many variables involved to establish a set, specific formula), I just finished managing a game where my starting pitcher (END 70) pitched a complete game, needing only 86 pitches to do so. He went into the 7th inning with only 57 pitches, so I figured he was still going strong. He ended up going all 9, allowing 1 run on 3 hits, walking 1, striking out 7.

With an endurance of 70, you'd expect a shorter outing, but... his pitch count stayed low, so he stayed in.

(in reply to Frozen Stiffer)
Post #: 5
RE: How Does Endurance Work???? - 7/27/2007 4:55:50 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

Okay, last post and then I'm letting the subject rest.

Next game. My starting pitcher has END 74. Going into the bottom of the 7th, he's already at 107 pitches. I'm going to watch his count and his success against each batter, but I do not expect him to pitch the 8th.

(edit) He got through the inning on 6 pitches. He's still not likely to pitch the 8th.

(in reply to Frozen Stiffer)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> How Does Endurance Work???? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI