Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Aggresive playing and scoring points

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Aggresive playing and scoring points Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Aggresive playing and scoring points - 7/31/2007 6:36:32 AM   
bigjoe96912

Guys the object of the game is after all if you are the japs is to have enough points for a 43 victory and the allies to prevent this. I find it better to play a jap and an allied at the same time. I am being accused of being aggressive in both games. As the japs, after just 2 weeks I have landed and capture Balikpapan, Kendari, Palembang, and over at Baker Island. With the intention of circling or creating my perimeter first then go back and capture bypassed islands at my leasure. I see big point values on Manila, Clark, Singapore, but also big scores on Canton Johnston and Palmeria. The discription shows big allied value and little Jap value. So my question is can I do hit and run captures of these far flung outposts and then leave. Do I get teh points from them and when the allied take them back over do I get to keep the point difference????
Post #: 1
RE: Aggresive playing and scoring points - 7/31/2007 7:03:54 AM   
Cpt Sherwood

No, whoever owns the base is the one who gets the points. So just taking them and then letting the Allies have them back does no good in a points sense. Taking and holding some of the highest points bases can be useful ( Noumea is a high point base ). Remember that when you take a base, the Allies lose their points and you gain yours. Some bases can have a large swing in points( see Singapore )

(in reply to bigjoe96912)
Post #: 2
RE: Aggresive playing and scoring points - 7/31/2007 8:44:30 AM   
Raverdave

Well why only play unti 1943?   

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to Cpt Sherwood)
Post #: 3
RE: Aggresive playing and scoring points - 7/31/2007 1:58:46 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cpt Sherwood

No, whoever owns the base is the one who gets the points. So just taking them and then letting the Allies have them back does no good in a points sense. Taking and holding some of the highest points bases can be useful ( Noumea is a high point base ). Remember that when you take a base, the Allies lose their points and you gain yours. Some bases can have a large swing in points( see Singapore )

Also, after you take them, you must supply them to get full points.

(in reply to Cpt Sherwood)
Post #: 4
RE: Aggresive playing and scoring points - 7/31/2007 3:44:51 PM   
RUPD3658

Don't overlook Noeuma. It is not worth much to Japan but it is huge to the Allies. Take this and you will cut the Allied point total by about 1/4 at the end of 42 and make the 4x ratio much easier to achieve.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 5
RE: Aggresive playing and scoring points - 8/1/2007 5:51:57 AM   
rogueusmc

Building them up makes them worth more too...

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Aggresive playing and scoring points Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI