Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 9/14/2000 6:52:00 PM   
JTV

quote:

Originally posted by Voriax: Yeah, I noticed that folder 2 minutes ago and was just about to mention it but you beat me to it... Finnish change list is tad dated. Jarkko, do you have a fresher list? Voriax
I can make fresher one if needed. However I managed to download the game just yesterday myself and I spent most of yesterday evening searching mistakes. Found some that I had fixed in latest patch (seems that not all of them made it to the game) and few new ones allso (like coastal arm. ship guns and speed of Stu-40 G). Noticed allso that Soviet artilllery didn't make any sound.

(in reply to Paul Vebber)
Post #: 91
- 9/14/2000 7:23:00 PM   
Voriax

quote:

Originally posted by JTV: I can make fresher one if needed. However I managed to download the game just yesterday myself and I spent most of yesterday evening searching mistakes. Found some that I had fixed in latest patch (seems that not all of them made it to the game) and few new ones allso (like coastal arm. ship guns and speed of Stu-40 G). Noticed allso that Soviet artilllery didn't make any sound.
If you can do a fresh list please do. The one included with the game seems to be 2 months old Just remember that you can't create any new weapons...i think it is the first post in the oob bug thread where Paul says that the weapon and unit slots are locked. Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

Post #: 92
- 9/14/2000 7:24:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

I didn't get the "latest" Finn oinput until after I had done most tof the changes - I tried to incorporate in what I could, but I just don't have time anymore to spend on OOB's anymore. C'mon - one of you out there is a take charge fellow you can coordinate rooting out the last of the bugs?? I will take weap[on adjustments on a case by case basis. ------------------- The runtime error in the MGN rooms is known and we are working on it. If you have whole types of units not making a sound - look for a nested folder under teh regular SPWaW folder. [This message has been edited by Paul Vebber (edited September 14, 2000).]

Post #: 93
- 9/15/2000 12:48:00 PM   
Wallymanowar

Found another 'new' bug just by accident. If you are driving a loaded truck or APC and that vehicle becomes immobilized due to moving too fast or thru bad terrain, just dismount your infantry and you will be able to continue moving them at their full movement value. ------------------ 'Bitter Mike'

I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
Yogi Berra

Post #: 94
- 9/15/2000 2:06:00 PM   
Graf Speer

4.0 Encyclopedia Access Problem When I now try to access the 4.0 encyclopedia during setup or game play, I am immediately booted back out to the SPWAW Menu Shortcut Screen. I am completely baffled. No one else has mentioned this? I checked the "Enc" SPWAW sub-directory and noticed NO icon files - only txt. files - are the missing icons the reason for this "boot out?" And does this mean, there is something 'incomplete' about my download of 4.0 . . . other than this, I am able to access all the other executables. Any thoughts? (Thanks). Albert [This message has been edited by Graf Speer (edited September 15, 2000).]

Post #: 95
- 9/15/2000 10:35:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

No we just never got to fully implement the feature. We are aware of the bug!

Post #: 96
- 9/15/2000 10:45:00 PM   
Graf Speer

Ahh! Thanks, Paul, for speedy follow-up. Albert

Post #: 97
- 9/16/2000 1:03:00 AM   
Kharan

In a recent 3-player online game, the 3rd player didn't have a Done-button in the buying screen. We tried different order of players and it was always the third player who couldn't get to deployment.

Post #: 98
- 9/16/2000 1:07:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Another thing that should be fixed in the patch...

Post #: 99
- 9/16/2000 2:05:00 AM   
Tom Proudfoot

The third (and 4th, 5th, and 6th players, if there are that many) player isn't supposed to have a Done button. They are sent to the deploy screen when the other person on their side clicks "done". If you did click "done", and they didn't get sent on to deploy, then it's a bug. Just wanted to clarify... Tom

Post #: 100
- 9/16/2000 2:41:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Hi Tom, When I tried it as player three my teammate said he had pressed done, but my screen stuck on the buy screen and never allowed me to deploy.

Post #: 101
- 9/16/2000 3:09:00 AM   
Kharan

quote:

Originally posted by Tom Proudfoot: If you did click "done", and they didn't get sent on to deploy, then it's a bug. Just wanted to clarify... Tom
Yep, this is what happened. On an earlier 3-player game this didn't occur. The only thing I remember to be different is that on the earlier, succesful game host's side had 2 players and on the last game the host was playing alone against 2. I too am experiencing the missing VCR in PBEM. It shows only some of the actions on some turns. Sometimes also the log is empty. The VCR acted similarly in hotseat in the beta version 3, which is fixed in version 4, but I guess it was left in PBEM. I have 128MB RAM and my opponent has 64MB. [This message has been edited by Kharan (edited September 15, 2000).]

Post #: 102
- 9/16/2000 3:51:00 AM   
crazyivan

Pual in my earlyer posts i found that if you have your depleated squad button on when you saved and went back to the desk top then went back to the game only those squads both depleated at the start of the game and also full squads that took KIAS ie damage during the coarse of the battle showed up as full squads on the screen ie 4men left after a fight save exit to desk top get back into game same squad is a full oob compliment. but in the info screen they still show damge.this does not seam to accure with depleated options of. also others including myself have exsperanced the computer taking over your force after pressing the yes button to let the ai have its turn only happened once gervsbritts long campiagn.is there a key in game that i could have pressed by mistake as it was very late.all my entire forec was under computer contorl in the HQ screen. you are doing the most excellent job and i'm not trying to push these bugs i just mentioned them as i looked in on your pacth update info and neversaw these addressed yet .although its early days yet .have you got a fix for a big bug my poor eyes are so tired from playing and my stomach hurts from to much coffe.

"The best form of defence,is attack"

Post #: 103
- 9/16/2000 9:33:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Hey we want to hear about bugs - that's the only way they are going to get fixed...we are making good progress cleaning them up!

Post #: 104
- 9/16/2000 9:55:00 AM   
reaper2100

During play I accidently hit the "End Game" button, when asked if I wanted to leave the game I selected "No". The game continued but I lost the remainder of my turn. I tried this on the next turn with the same result, if I select "End Game" then select no, it is as though I hit the end Turn" button.

Post #: 105
- 9/16/2000 9:58:00 AM   
reaper2100

Just got kicked out of a game for no reason, all the way back to the desktop. It happened just as my artillery was falling on the enemy. The game had been going for some time. (First battle of long German Campaign)(Running Windows 2000 pro).

Post #: 106
- 9/16/2000 10:04:00 AM   
Galanti

The PzIIIe doesn't have it's penetration values listed in the unit info screen. It also mounts a 7.92mm TMG (generic) as a secondary weapon, when it always mounted the old MG34 before. I don't know if this is a bug or not, and I frankly don't care; this weapon seems to be a prodigious man-stopper!

Post #: 107
- 9/16/2000 10:47:00 AM   
Keebler

Got some strange online results!! Problem #1… I am the client and when I try to load infantry onto a vehicle with not enough room, I get a message asking me if I still want to load my unit. Fair enough, but the SERVER, my opponent also gets a pop-up window listing the same options!! The servers response does not seem to have any effect on my selection. My unit will respond to my requested option regardless of what the SERVER player answers to the pop-up. Problem #2… While in the deployment screen, both my map and the servers map responds to view commands. That is to say, if I select a unit and right click in a direction to observe this unit’s field of view, the SERVER’s map will echo my field of view. The reverse also occurs. When my opponent observes the field of view of one of his units, I can see the field of view of his unit. The SERVER nor I can tell what unit’s field of view is being displayed, but you can certainly get a good idea off possible deployment points. I’ve played about eight or so TCP/IP battles with SPWAW. Well started them anyway as all the games have been ended prematurely due to connection or corruption problems. In one battle all my opponents units became visible to me! In an other battle the western half of the map became filled with boulders and mines on the client computer! In yet an other all units shifted 5 hexes northwest at he end of the clients turn! Not sure what sort of file or protocol corruption has to occur for these symptoms to be replicated. The strangest thing is I don’t remember any of the games displaying the same problem. I really like to Play SPWAW online. I have been wishing for this exact option ever since Steel Panthers was first released by SSI in the mid 90s. I hope the soon to be released patch 4.1 will address the majority of the online issues. SPWAW is a fantastic game and I commend all of the members of Matrix who have worked so hard to get it out to us. Keep up the great work!!

If you can't be HAPPY you shouldn't be anything at all!

Post #: 108
- 9/16/2000 11:52:00 AM   
Ryne

In the Omaha Beach scenario, after about turn 4 I haven't been able to get the 14 inch naval gun support to impact. The FO calls it in, it shows as available, all the other bombardment happens, but no 14 inch. Ryne

The best defense is a good offense...

Post #: 109
- 9/16/2000 5:50:00 PM   
Voriax

Wasn't the special opfire meant to happen when you go within 2 hexes from an enemy unit? It's just that observing the messages I've noticed on several occasions that a 'special opfire' text appears and a distant unit (over 10 hexes away) fires at my unit that was just moving, didn't even shoot at the firing enemy unit. Usually the unit that gets this very special opfire is a bunker. Voriax

Post #: 110
- 9/16/2000 6:42:00 PM   
Charles22

Please pardon me, as I haven't read much of this thread, but I have spotted a campaign bug. I know I've seen this problem reported elsewhere, so it's probably not a campaign problem specifically. Anyway, I've upgraded a recon tank into a medium tank, but it still retained it's recon status after that. Down the road I suppose this would result in it's possibly becoming a recon King Tiger. Can you say recon in force? Perhaps, the recon class designation will only stay after the first upgrade and vanish with the second non-recon upgrade to the unit? Thanks.

Post #: 111
- 9/16/2000 8:18:00 PM   
panda124c

Playing a online game (two computers networked)I saw not ID flags. In a solitare game they work fine. Also during online game hitting the F9 Surrender key causes your machine to go to sync players message, you are unable to do anything except Chat untill the turn times out. After time out the other player can do nothing untill hitting alt-tab to windows then back to the game. After which everything returns to normal. If a player surrenders the opposing player can not accept untill the turn times out, then the games goes to the end of game unit list. At this point the host can access the differnt sides unit list but the client can not. Another problem, when setting the range of a unit I have to enter the range twice and hit return twice before the range setting dialog goes away. I hope this is helpful in tracking down the cause of this problem. Love the game. Great job. [QUOTE]Originally posted by Paul Vebber: [B]1) ID flags don't work 2) Surrendering player in online game does not get end game screen becasue player accepting surrender is immediately disconnected. [This message has been edited by pbear (edited September 16, 2000).]

Post #: 112
- 9/16/2000 11:54:00 PM   
mucius

this is about online play... we had several problems here: 1. when playing a 3 player mach, if you delete you ao unit, you cant see the units you buy in the main purchase screen. 2. when a player havin installed the german language patch play against someone having the english version, the game will crash 3. when changing to the larget map available in generated battle, the game crashes mm

derint dum metuant

Post #: 113
- 9/16/2000 11:58:00 PM   
mucius

ah, i forgot: when you check your los during a multiplayer's game deployment phase, your oponent can see it. mm [This message has been edited by mucius (edited September 16, 2000).]

derint dum metuant

Post #: 114
- 9/17/2000 8:45:00 AM   
Dean Robb

Another excellent product!! BZ, ya'll! Couple of minor things: German PzB 39 AT rifle has a warhead of 1 in the OOB - believe this translates as "bullet" as the game kept thinking I was shooting a machine gun. Changed it to warhead 2 and it became an anti-tank rifle. Weapon 088 in the OOB for those wanting to make the fix at home. In the Long WWII campaign, as Germany, I chose North Africa as my second battle location - ended up in France. Reloaded 5 times from the previous battle's end save and got the same results each time: French in France instead of Brits in North Africa. Question: How did the French lose if their S-35s were as good as they are in SPWAW? Those [expletive deleted] things kick my butt every time I face them! Early Germany didn't have anything that would hurt them - even 75mm rounds bounce. Thank [insert Deity] for the 88s! And that damn 47mm gun of theirs...grrrr!!! Makes me think I've got butter instead of armor on my tanks... Consider for v4.1: A way to stop the OpFire option during the turn. In a large battle, that thing can take FOREVER to cycle through! Maybe it can be restricted as to range/target type? I'm not gonna be taking too many range 30 potshots at infantry with my ATGs.... A most excellent job, ya'll!

Job Security: Being a Micro$oft lawyer...

Post #: 115
- 9/17/2000 9:38:00 AM   
Graf Speer

Dean Robb says,
quote:

German PzB 39 AT rifle has a warhead of 1 in the OOB - believe this translates as "bullet" as the game kept thinking I was shooting a machine gun. Changed it to warhead 2 and it became an anti-tank rifle.
Just a suggestion to whoever might oversee the OB Errata list - move all the gamer's OB "corrections" observations into a separate topic - and invite everyone with OB correction observations to post them in the same convenient area. Just a little website reorganization - given the UBB's ability to "move" posts - could expedite OB corrections for a future update. Albert [This message has been edited by Graf Speer (edited September 16, 2000).]

Post #: 116
- 9/17/2000 3:04:00 PM   
Voriax

quote:

Originally posted by Graf Speer: Just a suggestion to whoever might oversee the OB Errata list - move all the gamer's OB "corrections" observations into a separate topic - and invite everyone with OB correction observations to post them in the same convenient area. Just a little website reorganization - given the UBB's ability to "move" posts - could expedite OB corrections for a future update. Albert
Well there does exist the 'OOB bugs here' topic. It's moved to the second page though -> invisible to many people, unfortunately Voriax

Post #: 117
- 9/17/2000 9:34:00 PM   
Kharan

If you request strike aircraft as reinforcements, they show up as movable, on-board units. Same thing with OB arty. Non-moving units go In-cover even if they are advancing. Maybe intentional? It would be nice if you could chat with only your side without using Roger Wilco and if you could use the "D"-key during opfire to pop smoke. The host should also automatically send the custom map to the clients. Just in case you don't have already enough to do . [This message has been edited by Kharan (edited September 17, 2000).]

Post #: 118
- 9/17/2000 10:39:00 PM   
xavier

In PBEM games, the VCR playback don't work. :c ------------------ xaal

xaal

Post #: 119
- 9/17/2000 11:24:00 PM   
Voriax

Bug or feature? Does the code discern whether vehicle's immobility was caused by breakdown, assault or stuck in mud? The reason for this question is that in the current scenario I'm playing I had this brave Russian squad that assaulted two tanks into immobility. Then this squad had to withdraw and I lost line of sight to these tanks. After 5-6 turns when I moved another unit in for the kill, only one tank was left...apparently the other had been repaired. Mind you, if it's now possible to get a stuck vehicle back into running condition, then don't fix this 'bug' Voriax

Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI