Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

loading cd-cota

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> loading cd-cota Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
loading cd-cota - 8/9/2007 6:26:21 AM   
Dan Henning

I can not load the game from the cd. There is no autorun nor can I loadit from the add program function.Windows can not find the installation file. I previously had thegame installed via digital download. I unistalled the game because I could notopen the reference manual. I could open the game.

Is there any reason why I can notinstall from the cd?

Dan Henning
Post #: 1
RE: loading cd-cota - 8/9/2007 9:46:49 AM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dan Henning

I can not load the game from the cd. There is no autorun nor can I loadit from the add program function.Windows can not find the installation file. I previously had thegame installed via digital download. I unistalled the game because I could notopen the reference manual. I could open the game.

Is there any reason why I can notinstall from the cd?

Is that a CD you made yourself with the downloadeded installer on it or the COTA cd from the boxed edition ?

If it's the former, there's obviously no auto-run and you have to invoke the installer yourself by double-clicking on the installer exe file on the cd.

If it's the latter auto-run should work, but if it doesn't look for the installer exe on the cd and double-click it to start.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to Dan Henning)
Post #: 2
RE: loading cd-cota - 8/9/2007 2:40:49 PM   
Dan Henning

The cd is from the boxed addition. The cd is labeled 130865367 . There is not any files on the cd.

Post #: 3
RE: loading cd-cota - 8/9/2007 3:54:24 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dan Henning
The cd is from the boxed addition. The cd is labeled 130865367 . There is not any files on the cd.

If there are no files on the cd it's probably a bad cd - I seem to recall there was a batch of bad cd's with HTTR - contact support@matrixgames for this.

Another approach is to simply re-download the digital version you installed earlier. There's plenty of threads in here that will tell you how to do this.

And make sure you backup the installer this time

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> loading cd-cota Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI