Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Disk #2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Disk #2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Disk #2 - 9/9/2000 11:13:00 PM   
Target

Is there Disk#2 in patch to ver 4.0 ??? I dowloaded 4.0 patch, but it has 131 MB so when i trying to install this installer ask me for disk#2 Please help me i don't want to download this huge file again Target

Post #: 1
- 9/9/2000 11:20:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

The "disk 2 error" means you did not get the whole file - it should be 136MB (143000KB). IF you used a download manager try to resume. Otherwise you will have to download again. This happens sometimes...the interenet is still not completely reliable when it comes to huge files like this...

(in reply to Target)
Post #: 2
- 9/9/2000 11:31:00 PM   
SgK

>Otherwise you will have to download again. >This happens sometimes...the interenet is >still not completely reliable when it comes >to huge files like this... It is not always neccesary to start over even if you didnt use a resume capable ftp progam. In most ftp and "Download Accelerators" there are an Rollback option for files so you can resume some Kb's back to get rid of garbage.

(in reply to Target)
Post #: 3
- 9/10/2000 12:58:00 AM   
Peregrine Falcon

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: The "disk 2 error" means you did not get the whole file - it should be 136MB (143000KB). IF you used a download manager try to resume. Otherwise you will have to download again. This happens sometimes...the interenet is still not completely reliable when it comes to huge files like this...
I hate to complain about things when I'm posting first time here - (Hi everybody, Bill etc.) But why this huge patch has to be single EXE? Why not three separate +40mb ZIP-files? That should get rid of these problems concerning "internet reliability" It would make things much easier if you have to download something like 40 mb again instead of full 136 mb (if something goes really wrong) Kinda makes sense - Does it? Well - I'm lucky. Friend has T1-line at work so he can get this patch for me. But not everyone are so lucky... Modems are slow. I should know. I own one......

--Peregrine Falcon--

(in reply to Target)
Post #: 4
- 9/10/2000 3:06:00 AM   
David Heath

Its really does not make sense. If you use Get Right as we suggust, and the download gets cut off. Its no biggie just go back select the file again and it will pick up were you left off. Now that is much more easier then spliting the files etc.... David

(in reply to Target)
Post #: 5
- 9/10/2000 5:59:00 AM   
Wild Bill

The one file is an install file. If the files were to go separate it would create even more confusion as many people would probably not load them properly. Now you don't have to worry about. The program self-installs. And it does it perfectly. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Target)
Post #: 6
- 9/10/2000 6:24:00 AM   
Dave R

Even as I'm writing this my old modom is chugging away! Got 42% and still got a few hours to wait! Was dropped by the server once, but Getright picked it up again after a few attempts and started from where it got dropped, It's slow guys. But we know it will be worth it!

In times of war we see the worst that man has to offer. But we also see the best that man has to offer.

(in reply to Target)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Disk #2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI