Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Couple newbie questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Battlefront >> Couple newbie questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Couple newbie questions - 9/13/2007 3:34:43 AM   
Freedom205

I have been messing around with the Battlefront game system for about a month, and I am starting to get hooked. It's wealth of detail is far greater than I at first thought. As I learn, I have come up with a few questions.

1) If a 4 step unit with 2 timed replacements and 1 extra life is KIAd before it uses a timed replacement, when it comes back for it's second life will it then have 4 times replacements? or still only 2?

2) If a unit with 1 extra life surrenders while it is KIAd, will it still come back for the second life? (I would think not, as it would be pretty hard to regroup men that were captured)

3) If a unit is close enough to it's HQ to recieve an HQ bonus, and the HQ is KIAd early in the turn, will the unit in question still recieve the HQ bonus? To be more direct, if an HQ is destroyed, when do units lose their HQ bonus from it?

Thanks, soon I will be ready for a PBEM Battlefront game!
Post #: 1
RE: Couple newbie questions - 9/14/2007 4:09:57 AM   
Roger Keating

Had to check the code to reply to this one .. but here goes ..

(1) The available timed replacements pool is not adjusted but any kia step that was in the process of recovering is lost forever.

(2) Surrendering does not affect the chance that a unit will come back to life .. I don't think that this was really thought about when we did the work on born again units. One of the problems here are HQ units which are required for a side to actually win a scenario. HQ's are special units which could, almost, always be reformed out of some remants of the formation. I have put this on a list of questions that we should definitly revisit.

(3) The HQ bonus is issued at the start of a player turn. At this time every unit in a formation is either in range or out of it. Some units can get the bonus from other attached formation HQ's. In Market Garden, 30th Corps units can get a bonue and bullets from Guards Armored but the reverse is not true. Just a note, if a HQ is alive at the beginning of your turn then it can't be destroyed or eliminated during your turn. It could be issued with an order to remove itself to an OMA but that would take place at the end of the turn and would mean that the formation would not get the bonus the next turn.

During an enemy turn, the HQ unit serves no useful purpose to your units, only as a target for enemy forces ...

(in reply to Freedom205)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Battlefront >> Couple newbie questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI