Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Early Impressions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> RE: Early Impressions Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Early Impressions - 9/23/2007 8:21:21 AM   
Tullius

@ Lucas718

Do you use old plays (=created by MF1) ?

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 31
RE: Early Impressions - 9/23/2007 1:49:46 PM   
Lucas718

Yes, I think that may be the problem.  I started a new game with new playbooks and the stuttering was gone.

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 32
RE: Early Impressions - 9/23/2007 8:00:11 PM   
David Winter

Lucas can you please generate and post a DXDaignostic file. This player studder is not something I've seen and I am wondering if it has anything to do with system specs. A DXDiag file would allow me to see what sort of computer you have.

The system specs are a guess but I don't have much else to go on at the moment.

thanks
David

(in reply to Lucas718)
Post #: 33
RE: Early Impressions - 9/25/2007 4:11:55 AM   
Lucas718

David - see the attached file

Attachment (1)

Post #: 34
RE: Early Impressions - 9/25/2007 4:25:34 AM   
David Winter

Hi.

The problem here is similar to this one: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1574650

The graphics cards in both cases is the same. I'm afraid these are not very good graphics cards and I believe they're the reason for the poor performance. The rest of your computer is very good though.

Beyond upgrading your graphics card, try switching to low or normal detail players. Reduce the shadows to basic or normal. Set the screen resolution in game to 1024*768 or lower. And turn off the replays.

That will probably bring the frame rate up to a playable rate.

Hope that helps

thanks
David

< Message edited by David Winter -- 9/25/2007 4:36:54 AM >

(in reply to Lucas718)
Post #: 35
RE: Early Impressions - 9/25/2007 7:32:01 AM   
Marauders

quote:

21SEC: I just checked one of the stock leagues that was reset, and rosters generated and the same thing. The TEs aren't an option when trying to set the TE depth chart.

Sometimes players don't show at the top of the list, so one has to scroll down. I know it seems obvious, but I have made that mistake.

Sometimes the team profile is set for a low number of players, and the AI will cut players to meet the numbers in the team profile. It important to note that the team profile is enforced during the cut down prior to the season starting, so if one wants 3 tight ends on the roster, the profile should reflect that.

(in reply to 22sec)
Post #: 36
RE: Early Impressions - 9/25/2007 1:24:07 PM   
Lucas718

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Winter

Hi.

The problem here is similar to this one: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1574650

The graphics cards in both cases is the same. I'm afraid these are not very good graphics cards and I believe they're the reason for the poor performance. The rest of your computer is very good though.

Beyond upgrading your graphics card, try switching to low or normal detail players. Reduce the shadows to basic or normal. Set the screen resolution in game to 1024*768 or lower. And turn off the replays.

That will probably bring the frame rate up to a playable rate.

Hope that helps

thanks
David

Thanks. I knew the graphics card was weak and I have been meaning to update it for a while but just haven't gotten around to it. As we discovered earlier in the thread, the player shuddering only seems to happen with playbooks created in MF1. I could be wrong, but that is what I've noticed. When I used newer playbooks, the problem went away.

Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> RE: Early Impressions Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI