Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: So whats your log-in all about?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: So whats your log-in all about? Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 11/14/2007 4:30:12 AM   
tsimmonds

In the world of *.ppt I expect that is unique

Fear the kitten!

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 181
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 11/14/2007 5:20:54 AM   
RUPD3658

I try to keep mine entertaining. The sad thing is that the average police recruit is about 22 and does not get the reference.

I also have a great Jack Webb sound bite "Just the facts ma'am" that I use in a report writing ppt.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke

(in reply to tsimmonds)
Post #: 182
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 12/23/2007 7:41:35 PM   
AW1Steve

Threadsters! Or is it Forumites? It has once again come to my attention that we have new members who haven't introduced themselves. So to all you new folks out there (you know who you are), take a moment to tell us about yourselves ,your log-in names , your avatars and your sig lines. To you older members who slipped thru the cracks before , tell us your tale. And to some of you oldsters who have changed your  avatars and /or sig lines , whats the deal? (Or story -whatever).  Don't be shy , we don't bite (or at least , not hard).

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 183
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 12/23/2007 8:53:36 PM   
Yava

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Threadsters! Or is it Forumites? It has once again come to my attention that we have new members who haven't introduced themselves. So to all you new folks out there (you know who you are), take a moment to tell us about yourselves ,your log-in names , your avatars and your sig lines. To you older members who slipped thru the cracks before , tell us your tale. And to some of you oldsters who have changed your avatars and /or sig lines , whats the deal? (Or story -whatever). Don't be shy , we don't bite (or at least , not hard).

This is obvioulsy gathering intel

< Message edited by Yava -- 12/23/2007 8:56:45 PM >

Art by Dixie.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 184
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 12/23/2007 8:54:00 PM   
Yava

don't know why but a double

< Message edited by Yava -- 12/23/2007 8:58:36 PM >

Art by Dixie.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 185
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 12/23/2007 9:10:31 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yava

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Threadsters! Or is it Forumites? It has once again come to my attention that we have new members who haven't introduced themselves. So to all you new folks out there (you know who you are), take a moment to tell us about yourselves ,your log-in names , your avatars and your sig lines. To you older members who slipped thru the cracks before , tell us your tale. And to some of you oldsters who have changed your avatars and /or sig lines , whats the deal? (Or story -whatever). Don't be shy , we don't bite (or at least , not hard).

This is obvioulsy gathering intel

In the language of our American west coast brethern..."Well , Duh....".....

(in reply to Yava)
Post #: 186
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 12/23/2007 9:27:50 PM   
Ron Saueracker

Mine is my actual name...thanks for the handle Pop! I could have used my service nicknames but Sowf---er, Sockf---er, Redeyed Powernapper etc, although funny, kinda suck!

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 187
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 12/24/2007 3:18:32 AM   
GaryChildress

Log in is my name. Avatar is a 6 inch icon of Socrates my mother bought in Greece. Major was philosophy in college.

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 188
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 1/1/2008 5:34:44 AM   
madgamer2

what a relief.......I thought it was the cat's name :-)

Lawrence

(in reply to marky)
Post #: 189
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 2/1/2008 8:49:18 PM   
AW1Steve

Time to resurect this old thread!   There are new guys among us! New guys , you must tell us what the story is behind your log-in name , your avatar and your sig line...and while your at it , tell us about your self. It's not hard , it's not painfull, but it is in the rules (TM). So take a deep breath , and say "Hi! my name is.... and I'm a thread-a-holic......

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 190
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 2/2/2008 4:09:09 AM   
Lifer

Welcome AW1Steve.  Keep coming back.  As you can see, I've been around for awhile just not a big poster.
Mine was actually a joke from my first enlistment in the Marines, "I ain't no Lifer, I'm doing my four years and getting the #@$% out."  After 22.5 years I guess the joke was on me although I wouldn't have changed a thing.

MOS 2147 LAV Mechanic and the last Maintenance Chief for the LAV Air Defence variant.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 191
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 2/2/2008 5:11:05 AM   
Feltan

My login name is just the first name. It is based on an experience I had in the Army over 25 years ago. Briefly:

As a brand spanking new 2LT, I was assigned as the platoon leader of a division's long range recon patrol (LRRP). I reported to the unit just before a training exercise. An orderly in the company HQ gave me a slip of paper with the name of my driver, and suggested I check the company supply area to find him.

Not there. Off to battalion S-4, then the battalion motor pool, back to the S-1 section.....on and on. I had a feeling something was up, but being so new I didn't want to make a bad impression.

Toward the end of the day, I made my way back to the Company HQ and the First Sergeant was there.

"First Sergeant. I'm wondering if you can help me. Have you seen Feltan Lichtersnatch?"

"Young man, I've seen it, felt it, licked it, and a few other things you are not authorized to know about."

A nickname was born, and it is stuck with me since.

Regards,
Feltan

(in reply to Lifer)
Post #: 192
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 2/2/2008 6:53:07 AM   
alaviner

I got my master's degree from NC State Univ in Forestry. 

(in reply to Feltan)
Post #: 193
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 2/2/2008 10:29:10 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lifer

Welcome AW1Steve.  Keep coming back.  As you can see, I've been around for awhile just not a big poster.
Mine was actually a joke from my first enlistment in the Marines, "I ain't no Lifer, I'm doing my four years and getting the #@$% out."  After 22.5 years I guess the joke was on me although I wouldn't have changed a thing.

MOS 2147 LAV Mechanic and the last Maintenance Chief for the LAV Air Defence variant.

It's a good one. When I joined the USN in 1977 the worst insult one could give was to call someone a lifer. What's funny is everyone that I know then that used it such , became one (myself included)!

(in reply to Lifer)
Post #: 194
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 2/2/2008 10:30:58 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feltan

My login name is just the first name. It is based on an experience I had in the Army over 25 years ago. Briefly:

As a brand spanking new 2LT, I was assigned as the platoon leader of a division's long range recon patrol (LRRP). I reported to the unit just before a training exercise. An orderly in the company HQ gave me a slip of paper with the name of my driver, and suggested I check the company supply area to find him.

Not there. Off to battalion S-4, then the battalion motor pool, back to the S-1 section.....on and on. I had a feeling something was up, but being so new I didn't want to make a bad impression.

Toward the end of the day, I made my way back to the Company HQ and the First Sergeant was there.

"First Sergeant. I'm wondering if you can help me. Have you seen Feltan Lichtersnatch?"

"Young man, I've seen it, felt it, licked it, and a few other things you are not authorized to know about."

A nickname was born, and it is stuck with me since.

Regards,
Feltan

That's a really great story.

(in reply to Feltan)
Post #: 195
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 2/2/2008 11:04:31 AM   
Gen.Hoepner

Mine is so because when i joined these forums i was playing SPWAW and i had to decide for a name of a german general...my first choice was something like "OberGruppenFurher"...but then i realized that it wasn't particularly politically correct, so i took one of those generals who opposed A.H. just not to fool anyone

My Avatars always show my face...i kinda do not like not to know the face of those i'm speaking with

[image]http://yfrog.com/2m70331348022314716641664j [/image]

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 196
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 2/2/2008 11:15:08 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gen.Hoepner

Mine is so because when i joined these forums i was playing SPWAW and i had to decide for a name of a german general...my first choice was something like "OberGruppenFurher"...but then i realized that it wasn't particularly politically correct, so i took one of those generals who opposed A.H. just not to fool anyone

My Avatars always show my face...i kinda do not like not to know the face of those i'm speaking with

I had often wondered about your avatar..now I need to read-up on him (The original Gen.Hoepner)...I appreciate your sentiment about showing one's face...unfortuantely we are not all as photogenic as yourself. I have a photo that I took when USS America came up , and after taking one look at myself in it , I've been real reluctant to post it.

(in reply to Gen.Hoepner)
Post #: 197
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 2/2/2008 8:12:43 PM   
Cutman

I joined the Marines in 86 and was doing my first exercise. Part of my Boot qualifications was the axe qualification. Axe qual is when Marines blindfold you and you try to split a quarter. The real game was they threw your soft cover or hat on the quarter and you chopped it up to pieces. During a CAX in the desert it gets pretty hot and most Marines would only bring 1 softcover. This meant that you would have to wear your helmet even when you where not in the field. The CAXs lasted 20-25 days too and it was very hot!

I actually split the damn quarter and the nickname stuck until this day. Part of the reason too is my last name is Cutler.

Cutman

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 198
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 2/2/2008 8:27:42 PM   
Ursa MAior

I am 190 cms 150 kgs usually called Bear by my wife. So when I picked my first nick I was thinking on something similar. Since I did not like Ursus Magnus (Big Bear in Latin) I picked the name of a stellar constellation.

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Cutman)
Post #: 199
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 2/4/2008 8:56:11 PM   
vvidas

I think that this text gives a basic description of my login, or avatar, if someone is interested in. Avatar picture is not directly connected to my login name. It's only a vision by an artist of some naval battle.

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 200
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 2/4/2008 10:29:54 PM   
pauk

ma kaj mislis da mi to ovdje ne znamo

Sorry guys

here is direct connection with his login name:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by pauk -- 2/4/2008 10:32:30 PM >

(in reply to vvidas)
Post #: 201
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 2/5/2008 10:02:57 AM   
vvidas

quote:

ORIGINAL: pauk

ma kaj mislis da mi to ovdje ne znamo

Malo promocije ne skodi.
Translation: Little of our [history] promotion doesn't hurt.

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 202
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 2/5/2008 7:29:39 PM   
PizzaMan

I chose my name because it's easy to remember, and I think BeerMan was already taken.

(in reply to vvidas)
Post #: 203
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 2/6/2008 12:16:54 AM   
AW1Steve

Hmmmmm.....I wonder if Pizza and beer man is taken?

(in reply to PizzaMan)
Post #: 204
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 10/15/2008 2:33:23 AM   
AW1Steve

It's that time again campers! The time for me to once again resurrect this old thread so some of the newer members can tell use their stories and introduce themselves. And you old timers please be nice!

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 205
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 10/15/2008 8:05:57 AM   
Ambassador

Eh, I'm the first of the new-timers then, since I missed the previous resurrections !

Simple explanation : I took one of the logins I was used to on another forum (or rather, a couple of other forums).  And this choice stemmed from me thinking at the time of entering my country's diplomatic corps.  My career of choice changed since then (legal advisor for my city council, until I can get to enter that frakking magistrate trainee program - not yet fixed on whether I'll be judge or ADA), but my username did not.

However, I'd been tempted to use Lawkeeper (other common login of mine) or Optimizator, which was my official nickname on some other forums.  Don't know why they called me that way...

Born, living and working in Brussels/Bruxelles/Brussel, the bright capital of a continent, a country, two regions and one-and-a-half commonwealth.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 206
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 10/15/2008 2:56:18 PM   
captskillet

When me and my buddy go duck hunting I drive the boat, hence the capt part.....................I am death and destruction on waterfowl with my trusty Remington 11-87 shotgun thereby putting meat in the skillet so's my buddy came up with captskillet!!!

"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

(in reply to hgilmer)
Post #: 207
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 10/15/2008 2:57:14 PM   
rockmedic109

quote:

ORIGINAL: rockmedic109

I am a Paramedic.  The unit I work most of the time is AMR109.  In 2001, I had a rather painfull interface between my truck and a rockslide on I-80.  My friend {later to become my wife} suggested the name.

An update on the rock I hit. I was able to track it down {CalTrans kept it because of litigation}. The rock now graces my front yard. It was indirectly responsible for me and my wife getting together and a testament of what one can get through with enough perseverance, stubbornness and just plain stupidity. Kinda like this game.

(in reply to rockmedic109)
Post #: 208
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 10/15/2008 7:11:04 PM   
vettim89

vet: occupation
Tim: first name
89: year I graduated from THE Ohio State University

"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry

(in reply to rockmedic109)
Post #: 209
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 10/15/2008 7:28:37 PM   
John 3rd

I am John R. Cochran, III and have now Fathered JRC IV.  My son will never forgive me...

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: So whats your log-in all about? Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI