Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: AAR RJH (Union) vs Jon Pyle (South)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> RE: AAR RJH (Union) vs Jon Pyle (South) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: AAR RJH (Union) vs Jon Pyle (South) - 10/17/2007 12:15:30 AM   
rjh1971

Union Oct'61

Since only Mclellan positioned in Clarksville but not Lyon in Paducah gained initiative in the West I declined to launch further attacks with my troops in that scenario, nonetheless I used the cavalry to overran Poplar Bluff (Missouri), Newport (Arkansas) and henderson in Kentucky. They are not key positions but Jon will probably have to draw forces to Arkansas to avoid further overruns, not many but a militia or two. So far I over 1000 Political Points (PP) meaning that I could proclaim the emancipation and the recruitment of black soldiers the moment I achieve an Strategic Victory (A Strategic Victory is awarded to a victorious attacking player if the defending side has over 20 + die (10) units in the area of the battle (not committed units but all units in the region). A Strategic Victory is awarded to a victorious defending player if the attacking side has over 20 + die (10) units in the area of the battle. The winner of a Strategic Victory is awarded 20 political points. The losing side of a Strategic Victory loses 10 political points.)

When the EP (Emancipation Proclamation) is declared, the Confederate Political Points increase by 100, all remaining neutral Border State regions become Confederate controlled regions, with the
Confederate player getting political points for these territories. If there were any Confederate controlled regions in Kentucky prior to the change of neutral regions to Confederate controlled regions, there is a 50% chance that Kentucky will become Confederate aligned. The Confederate controlled region(s) must have a road or rail to trigger an alignment change. Once the EP is declared, black population will begin to
be added to the black population pools. Also, the cost of Confederate Commerce raiders will increase from 30 to 45, and Confederate free trade will be reduced by one supply point per port. Starting January 1863, the Union loses three political points at the start of each turn that the EP is not declared.

In the screenshot notice Jon has positioned his troops in order to react to any attack, forcing him out of Humbolt isn't going to be easy, same hing applies for crossing the Cumberland river

Attachment (1)

(in reply to PyleDriver)
Post #: 31
RE: AAR RJH (Union) vs Jon Pyle (South) - 10/17/2007 12:32:08 AM   
rjh1971

In the East McDowell did get initiative but rather than attacking Manassas I decided on taking the islands this will be useful when I will blockade the South's ports, thus denying the South from much needed supplies that come from Free Trade: Free trade is represented by the arrival of supply units at friendly ports. For a port to receive free trade supplies there must be a path through major river and/or coastal water areas that leads to an open ocean area. If access to the port is unobstructed then the port will receive a number of supplies equal to three times the sum of the region’s resource centers plus factories plus one plus one additional for the Confederates unless the Emancipation Proclamation has been enacted. , when an island is controlled and has 20 or more supplies (a depot) then the blockade values of all ships in the coastal water area are doubled.
So amphibious landing are under way, the South has nothing to do the Union always rules the Sea.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 32
RE: AAR RJH (Union) vs Jon Pyle (South) - 10/17/2007 12:41:47 AM   
rjh1971

In this image you can see how good the Southern leader ratings are, being four the maximum, first number is for infantry attack, second for defense and third for movement, when the leader gets initiative he adds his ratings to the units under his command.
Jon has again placed his army to react in any direction, this of course you wouldn't know when FOW is on, and the South would then deliver some nasty surprises...
Leaders can be wounded, killed or be taken prisioners, if wounded or captured they will be out of play for a random period of time (months, each turn is a month).

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 33
RE: AAR RJH (Union) vs Jon Pyle (South) - 10/17/2007 12:48:08 AM   
rjh1971

Finally a commerce raider was sunk after moving four cruiser to hunt it, Jon has two more being built. This is the way the South has to harm the Norths Free Trade.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> RE: AAR RJH (Union) vs Jon Pyle (South) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI