Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Napoleonic game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> New Napoleonic game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Napoleonic game - 10/12/2007 12:30:01 PM   
warlon

I've been very occasionally browsing back to this forum since 2002 or so... can't really remember when I first joined, however after the initial promises I can't say I ever expected this to be released. When other people say... hey you didn't lose anything from them not releasing the game yet and "we've just got to wait for a well polished game". Then I lol and think... 5-6 years to develop a computer game? Not only have the hardware specifications changed in the mean time but spending that long time on a simple implementation on a board game is ridiculously long time. Not even Blizzard spends that much time on their games... (and yes... Warcraft 3 was underway for maybe 2 years... very long time)

In any case the reason for me posting today is that I've stumbled over this new title:

http://www.napoleons-campaigns.com/

The interface looks very much as the EiA interface from old screenshots? So is the Matrix project cancelled and the efforts instead funneled over to this new game which have ETA in 1 month of time?
Post #: 1
RE: New Napoleonic game - 10/12/2007 12:47:18 PM   
Erik Rutins

Very classy, Warlon. If you read this same forum you'd see that's not the case. If you actually read about both games you'd also see that they complement rather than replace each other. We have an excellent relationship with AGEOD, but no, they haven't replaced our EIA development in the slightest.

EIA is due out soon, we're aiming for a pre-Christmas release for this as well as quite a few other titles.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 10/12/2007 12:49:55 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to warlon)
Post #: 2
RE: New Napoleonic game - 10/12/2007 4:12:06 PM   
MPHopcroft1

Um.... no. THis is a French game from AGEOD studios, using the base system they established with Birth of America and The American Civil War.  It is a grand startegic game, but does not have many of the poltiical and startegic options of EiA.

They haven't announced whether they'll have a North American distributor yet.

"Any asset that would cost you the war if lost is no longer an asset, but a liability." -- Me

"No plan survives the battlefield" -- old Army saw.

"Without Love, I'd have no Anger. I wouldn't believe in Righteousness" -- Bernie Taupin

(in reply to warlon)
Post #: 3
RE: New Napoleonic game - 10/12/2007 8:41:21 PM   
j-s

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

EIA is due out soon, we're aiming for a pre-Christmas release for this as well as quite a few other titles.

Regards,

- Erik

Do so...

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: New Napoleonic game - 10/12/2007 8:47:10 PM   
cdbeck

quote:

ORIGINAL: warlon
Not even Blizzard spends that much time on their games... (and yes... Warcraft 3 was underway for maybe 2 years... very long time)

Umm... wrong? I just opened my Starcraft jewel-case and looked at the nice advertisement on the back of the jacket-sleeve. Starcraft, released in 1997, has the advertisement saying "Coming in 1998: Diablo II." Diablo II released in 2000, for those that forgot. So cut Matrix some slack.

And your argument would basically mean that EiA was superfluous because Crown of Glory released several years ago (it is Napoleonic too). AGEOD's Nappy game will be as different from EiA as AGEOD's Civil War game is different from Forge of Freedom (both offered here at Matrix.

Side note: HEY MP HOPCRAFT! Looks like all we ever talk about is Napoleon!

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet!"
(Kill them all. God will know his own.)

-- Arnaud-Armaury, the Albigensian Crusade

(in reply to warlon)
Post #: 5
RE: New Napoleonic game - 10/12/2007 10:18:39 PM   
jimwinsor

Yeah, Napoleon's Campaigns will be exacly that...campaigns. It will have no "grand campaign," ie, 1805-1815.

Instead it will be a collection of operational historical scenarios...Austria 1806, Prussia 1806, Russia 1812-13, etc.  To make a full-war 1805-1815 scenario they would have to add a diplomacy engine, and a production engine...and according to the designers, there are no plans to do this.

It looks like a hella game, though...just wont have the grand strategic scope of an EiA (or a CoG, for that matter).

Streaming as "Grognerd" at https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

(in reply to cdbeck)
Post #: 6
RE: New Napoleonic game - 10/13/2007 12:26:11 AM   
gazfun

Im inclined to agree, that its a game of a seqenece of Campaigns put togther (Napoleons Campaigns) no production, no political.
Have to be careful of what you buy, as they not always match with what you desire 

(in reply to jimwinsor)
Post #: 7
RE: New Napoleonic game - 10/16/2007 1:48:17 AM   
Irish Guards

Who is this Swine to say EiA is nay better than any other Napoleonic game by light years ..
Apparently he has never played an actual ADG game ... Whether Matrix has a hand in it is besdies the point ...
The actual complexity of the Baseline of the game is going to be very hard to disregard ....
IG

(in reply to gazfun)
Post #: 8
RE: New Napoleonic game - 10/17/2007 11:32:36 AM   
stephenhamley

I'd tell you what I think when I manage to lay my hands on a copy, anybody help as to when or where this grand strategy game is about????

(in reply to Irish Guards)
Post #: 9
RE: New Napoleonic game - 10/17/2007 12:51:54 PM   
argaur

There will be a political expansion in a future....so hurry up if you want to have some games being sold... :)

"... tell the Emperor that I am facing Russians.
If they had been Prussians, I'd have taken the
position long ago."
- Marshal Ney, 1813

(in reply to stephenhamley)
Post #: 10
RE: New Napoleonic game - 10/17/2007 4:09:45 PM   
sol_invictus

Yes, there are certainly plans to expand Napoleon's Campaigns with diplomatic AI and a full campaign. It might be a bit, but it will happen. Even with that, NC and EIA will remain distinctly different games and I would imagine that any Napoleonic fan would want them both.

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

(in reply to argaur)
Post #: 11
RE: New Napoleonic game - 10/18/2007 2:21:41 AM   
stephenhamley

Oh more frustration another game thats not available yet!!!

(in reply to sol_invictus)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> New Napoleonic game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI