Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Noob question on '07 players

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Noob question on '07 players Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Noob question on '07 players - 10/18/2007 5:34:11 AM   
dabillster2000

Is it possible to buy puresim baseball with 2007 players at a later date? If not, how hard would it be to create the '07 Brewers??? I think this team has a load of potential and I'd love to sim them in other seasons as they get older??? I'm afraid I'm not the most handy when it comes to computing though.
Post #: 1
RE: Noob question on '07 players - 10/18/2007 8:37:25 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

dabillster,

I don't follow what you're asking. When you say "players at a later date", what is it you mean by that? If you update to the current patch, you should gain access to the 2007 rosters. With this, you would be able to play your beloved Brewers.

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to dabillster2000)
Post #: 2
RE: Noob question on '07 players - 10/18/2007 4:26:56 PM   
Nukester

Yes with the current patch, you should be able to import the '07 Brewers and run a career league with them, so time passes, players get older and retire, new players will arrive via free agancy (if you want) and amatuer drafts, etc...

< Message edited by Nukester -- 10/18/2007 4:29:29 PM >

(in reply to Frozen Stiffer)
Post #: 3
RE: Noob question on '07 players - 10/18/2007 5:37:34 PM   
dabillster2000

Nukester- thanks for the info.  When you say import- where would I be able to do that.  Would I have to create players for hours typing in official '07 MLB stats... I don't think I'd be good at that.  I do have a hankerin' to see how these current Brewers do in puresim future seasons.   

Thanking you in advance

(in reply to Nukester)
Post #: 4
RE: Noob question on '07 players - 10/18/2007 6:19:48 PM   
BaseballNoob

Whoo hoo! I can answer that one, noob that I am. If you are creating a new Association one of the steps allows you to import real players, with all kinds of selections available. You can also do this in an existing Association from the Players page.

Post #: 5
RE: Noob question on '07 players - 10/18/2007 10:01:41 PM   
Nukester

quote:

ORIGINAL: dabillster2000

Nukester- thanks for the info.  When you say import- where would I be able to do that.  Would I have to create players for hours typing in official '07 MLB stats... I don't think I'd be good at that.  I do have a hankerin' to see how these current Brewers do in puresim future seasons.   

Thanking you in advance

There is a database that comes installed with the game that contains every stat for every player thats played from 1876-2007 (I believe those are the correct years). When you start a league, you can tell the CPU to take the players from the database, so if you start in 1900, everyone that played in 1900 will be imported automatically. Then when the season is over, the real rookies from 1901 will be added to the league via an amateur draft. If you start in 2007, then everyone that played in 2007 will be imported, then at the end of the season, since there is no 2008 in the database, the game will start creating fictional players to bring into the league. There are a few things that you can use to customize the imports too, like bringing guys in a couple of years earlier than they really debuted, or turning on "team affinity" where a player will more than likely choose to play for the real team he played on (instead of whatever team drafted him in the amatuer draft....Im not 100% sure how this works though)

Post #: 6
RE: Noob question on '07 players - 10/18/2007 11:19:02 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

To add one little detail to what Nukester said, please note that the "Team Affinity" feature will only work through 2007, as afterwords there is no history to reference. In other words, since it's into the future, there will be no way for the AI to know where anyone's supposed to go.

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to Nukester)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Noob question on '07 players Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI