Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Two questions on .wav files

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Two questions on .wav files Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Two questions on .wav files - 9/12/2000 1:20:00 AM   
J T

From reading below it seems that I am not the only one who is missing .wav files after upgrading from 2.3 to 4....I have 113 wav files and apparently there should be 500+....It seems that most of the missing sounds are small arms fire....Any chance of getting a zip of the .wav files?.......2nd question on .wav files - I noticed that in both 2.3 and 4.0 there are triple copies of many of the sounds in the directory (eg.- 360,361, and 362 are the same sound/file size...357,358,359 are the same etc.)...Can doubles and triples be deleted?. ...Fabulous job otherwise - Love being able to go back to the map once a battle is over....Congrats to the matrix team.../Jim

Post #: 1
- 9/12/2000 1:55:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Betcha they are in a nested directory... Look for a Drive:/Steel Panteres World at War/Steel Panteres World at War Folder - move teh contents to the same folders in teh higher nested folder and you will be set

(in reply to J T)
Post #: 2
- 9/12/2000 2:04:00 AM   
J T

Paul...Yeah, my 2.3 was at c:\sp2waw and the upgrade installed to c:\sp2waw\Steel Panteres World at War, so at the time I had both versions still on the hard drive....however I deleted all the 2.3 files before I realized the 4.0 was short .wav files....

(in reply to J T)
Post #: 3
- 9/12/2000 2:28:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Most of those "doubles and triples are variations - the game randomly chooses one of the set to play. Don't delete them or you will get silence when the non-exixtant sound "comes up". Teh best thing to do is to reinstall 2.3 and apply the patch over it - making sure you check the directory the patch is installed to - the upgrade assumes you pick the parent directory the /Steel Panthers World at War is contained in. [This message has been edited by Paul Vebber (edited September 11, 2000).]

(in reply to J T)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Two questions on .wav files Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI